Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-18-2010, 11:56 PM   #1
Dave

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
Dangerous Driving and Road Rage

This afternoon as I waited at a red light, a minivan was in the marked right-hand turn lane while I was in the straight through/left turn lane. The light changed and we both started moving - straight through the intersection. The guy almost hit me and I slammed on the brakes to make it through behind him. I honked and gave him the appropriate salute, and he meandered over to the side of the road (without signaling). I didn't know what he was doing, so I drove around him.

He pulled back out and tailgated me for the next 5 blocks to my house. I didn't realize he was following me until he pulled into the laneway behind me and blocked my car as I tried to back out and straighten into my spot.

He then berated me for giving him the finger, saying "I pulled over to let you go. What's your problem" to which I replied "You almost hit me in the intersection. You didn't use the marked lane properly, and you didn't signal. You're the one breaking laws". He followed up with a long string of curses detailing what I should do with my finger in the future (won't repeat incase anyone's kids read over their shoulders) and took off as I was asking him why he followed me and if he lived off the laneway.

I'd write this off as just another moron Toronto driver but I feel violated that he followed me and knows where I live. I don't think he'll come back because I didn't really escalate it any further than he did, but I also didn't get a photo of his vehicle/licence plate. I know the colour, make, and model, but that's it. I'm also not satisfied in letting idiots get away with being idiots, because they'll just be idiots again.

Anyone else have any stories of road ragers and dangerous drivers? Where do you draw the line and call the police? Do the police actually care?

Weather's warming up. 'Tis the season. Try to keep a cool head in the car.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote