Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-17-2011, 10:19 PM   #17
3cyltrbo
 
Drives: MR2 Spyd/Type R/Yaris/Civic Si
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by sqcomp View Post
Love me some Pre-Mitek Xtant.

What is the source you're using and how's your imaging, soundstage, and depth?

Also...you CAN relocate those wiring bundles in the kicks up into the dash area for more room...
I'm using Clarion's NX 501 -all in one headunit.

Not known for its SQ - but its a good all arounder with decent NAV.

I did relocate the wiring blocks all the way up under the dash (about 14 inches away from where they were originally)

Personally I think it ends up sounding pretty damn good considering how narrow the cabin is. The stage is high and up front - the depth is pretty good (although not always at the end of the hood like some cars I've built)

At its first IASCA show (my first show in over 10 years) it got second in class SQ - (1st place was a much bigger vehicle with similar setup)

once I build 6.5"s up front / add the second sub (sealed up front) and tune it, its going to sound amazing (I think)

I'm kinda thinking Dayton RS28F's in the A-pillars (padded down a bit and off axis ) - ALONG with the TangBand Bamboo 3.5" (Also in the pillars - almost on axis) - and maybe even the Peerless SDS 6.5 in the kicks (rather than the TangBand underhung or the Type X).

W
3cyltrbo is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
sound deadening: sq footage amount for 3dr goku87 In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) 29 11-14-2013 12:37 PM
2008 Yaris sedan ‘S’ sound deadening project. Herbicidal In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm) 155 09-04-2011 11:56 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:03 AM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.