Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-03-2016, 02:44 AM   #1
Nahid

Drives: Toyota Vitz
Should I follow recommended tyre pressure?

My car is Toyota Vitz (Yaris for Japanese market). It has stock tyres which is 165/70R14 81S. The recommend tyre pressure according to door sticker is Front: 250 Rear: 240. As our local tyre shops inflate tyre at PSI gauge so I collected user manual of this car and found that the recommendation in PSI is Front: 36 Rear: 35. But when I went to the local tyre shop to inflate the tyres and asked to inflate as per car recommendation the attendant said higher PSI in front tyres will make the car jump. So he inflated Front: 32 Rear: 35.

Same goes to the spare tyre. Its size is T125/70D16 95M and recommended is 60 PSI but the attendant put 40 PSI.

So should I hear that local tyre shop or do as recommendation?

*a supplementary question: My main tyres size is R14 but spare tyre is D16. This spare tyre was not included with the car, it was kind of a gift from the seller. On the manual I saw that the spare tyre size for this car is D15. So should I change the spare immediately?
Nahid is offline   Reply With Quote