![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#1 |
![]() ![]() ![]() |
Look at the Neon owners. They are still arround car started in 1995 and they are still a large following on the net. I dont know if I will still have mine but we will see.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#2 | |
|
der Zeck
Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Toledo, OH
Posts: 5,231
|
Quote:
![]() ![]() that is the dumb ass shit they do to neons..... please, please shoot me if the Yaris ever gets to this point
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#3 |
![]() ![]() ![]() |
Trust me I have seen worse Neons. I had several Neons Never had much of a problem. But my Yaris is way better.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#4 |
![]() Drives: Yaris Hatchback Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 21
|
Well, if my Yaris is anything like my 93 Tercel, then I know I will still love my Yaris in 10 years. It was the Toyota reliablity that brought me back to them, and the price was perfect for the Yaris. I'm happy now and anticipate being as happy in 10 years.
![]() Cathy |
|
|
|
|
|
#5 |
|
Engineer/Artist/House-Dad
Drives: 2006 Toyota Sienna XLE Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: California
Posts: 419
|
no doubt we'll still be loving our yaris. i still love my '97 civic hatchback, even though my nephew now owns it. every now and then i'll still run into a modification that i'd like to do on it. but then again, im not like the majority of americans who trade their cars in after 4 years. most of my family keep their cars for around a decade...
--B
__________________
His: 2006 Toyota Sienna XLE Arctic Frost Pearl, FC Package, 2007 Solara Nav unit, Spoiler, Running Boards & Auto-dimming rear mirror Hers: 2007 Toyota Yaris LB Black Sand Pearl, Auto, Power Package, Side Airbags, VIP security, USDM center armrest, and accessory 7 spoke 15" alloy wheels |
|
|
|
|
|
#6 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 07 Yaris Liftback Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Toronto
Posts: 418
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#7 |
|
der Zeck
Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Toledo, OH
Posts: 5,231
|
That is only 372,000 miles or so... when I used to change oil back in the day I used to see god knows how many Toyota's and Honda's with well over 400,000 miles, 643,700km... about 1/2 of those people used synthetic it's whole life, the other half bought em used and were just lucky i geuss
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#8 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 07 Yaris Liftback Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Toronto
Posts: 418
|
Quote:
Switching to synthetic is going to be expensive since I do 8 oil-change/year, which will cost me about $350/year for the sync oil. That's a hefty price to pay for something that might not help in the long term. I can see how synthetic can help to keep the cylinder wall in above average condition, but that's not going to help an old engine that's been fatigued enough so that it's about to break from the constant pounding. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#9 | |
|
der Zeck
Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Toledo, OH
Posts: 5,231
|
Quote:
so you drive 40000miles 64000km a year? and where are you getting your oil for some 40 bux? just got mine done today with mobile 1 0-20 Fram filter.... $25 U buy the oil and filter and they will do it up at the local lub shop for nothin most of the time "but that's not going to help an old engine that's been fatigued enough so that it's about to break from the constant pounding" There is not going to be a constant pounding if you use good oil and change is when needed
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| OMG, a meal worth more than our Yarii | Kaotic Lazagna | Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions | 23 | 02-13-2007 12:47 AM |
| Yarii in Flores, Guatamala??? | KittenRD | Central and South America | 2 | 01-24-2007 11:03 PM |
| This May Be Why There are 6-Miles on New Yarii | 60 Somethings | General Yaris / Vitz Discussion | 7 | 01-22-2007 07:17 PM |
| Yarii in the rain gallery | eTiMaGo | Photo-Video-Media Gallery | 3 | 10-08-2006 06:52 PM |
| Magic Seats I must say I do love! | Jem_hadar | General Yaris / Vitz Discussion | 20 | 08-23-2006 09:03 AM |