Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-11-2007, 12:29 AM   #1
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
OMG, a meal worth more than our Yarii

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070210/...t/25000_dinner

that is crazy! $25000 for a meal!? that's 10k more than my Yaris!
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 02:01 AM   #2
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Damn, and I thought I knew high brow food... that is just crazy.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 02:13 AM   #3
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Yeah it tasted pretty good, but man, I'm full... burp!

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 02:47 AM   #4
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
Originally Posted by eTiMaGo View Post
Yeah it tasted pretty good, but man, I'm full... burp!
lol...do you know/have you been to the building that they were in?
Old 02-11-2007, 03:45 AM   #5
spkrman
Banned

Drives: 1
"That is a waste of money," said Rungrat Ketpinyo, 44, who sells Phad Thai noodles for 75 cents a plate from a street cart outside the hotel. "I don't care how luxurious this meal is. It's ridiculous.

spkrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 04:18 AM   #6
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Quote:
Originally Posted by spkrman View Post
"That is a waste of money," said Rungrat Ketpinyo, 44, who sells Phad Thai noodles for 75 cents a plate from a street cart outside the hotel. "I don't care how luxurious this meal is. It's ridiculous.
Hey Phad Thai is delicious too...

hungry now...

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 04:30 AM   #7
Nutzoids

Drives: 07 Yaris Liftback
Guys,

The MOST important thing in life is food.

Food is a celebration of flavor and it is essential for life.

Not to mention we (USA) WAIST millions of dollars a year on food...

$25,000 for a "meal of a lifetime" if you don't eat out AT ALL for one year... you can have enough money for a Meal of a Lifetime

Beluga caviar, Perigord truffles, Kobe beef, Brittany lobster — each paired with a rare and robust vintage wine.

Do you know what Kobe Beef is?
(I do… and I dream of it!)

Nutzoids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 04:53 AM   #8
hasher22
Look mum no stars!!

Drives: Toyota Yaris 06
Send a message via MSN to hasher22
Edit : Nevermind
Old 02-11-2007, 07:42 AM   #9
spkrman
Banned

Drives: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutzoids View Post
Guys,

$25,000 for a "meal of a lifetime" if you don't eat out AT ALL for one year... you can have enough money for a Meal of a Lifetime

Beluga caviar, Perigord truffles, Kobe beef, Brittany lobster — each paired with a rare and robust vintage wine.

Even considering paying for someone else... 25k is YEARS of going out... most here probably dont even make 25k, before taxes.

Maybe the Klumps spend that much in a year on food?
spkrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 10:25 AM   #10
gromit

Drives: 2007 White Liftback
Costs more or "worth" more? There is a difference.
gromit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 02:27 PM   #11
swng

Drives: 06 3-dr auto RS
Fortunately, the best things in life are free.
swng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 03:04 PM   #12
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Quote:
Guys,

The most important thing in life is food. If you ask me food or sex, I'd tell you I've had sex before.

Kobe beef... oh, Kobe beef. A couple of years ago when Kobe beef was just starting to make its way to the mainstream, we received one center-cut six ounce filet mignon of Kobe-style beef. For those who don't know, in order to get the true Kobe designation the cows have to be of a specific genus and come from a specific region in Japan... like the beef served at this crazy-ass $25k party. Most Kobe beef today is actually Kobe-style beef, bred from cows that entered the US in the 70's when Japan finally took their stranglehold off of their domestic meat market. Either way, Kobe cows are known for being extremely well marbled, having fat that melts at a low temperature, and being low in cholesterol and saturated fat. The original proprietors of Kobe beef went as far as to massage sake into the cows during life, believing it aided in flavor and marbling. At any rate, being the head grill chef at my restaurant, I got to play with this medallion. I went home and read up on Kobe and found that it is best served seared raw. I went into work the next day and grilled it off, about three minutes a side. It was probably the rarest steak I've ever had, and additionally it was EASILY the best steak I've ever had.

Consider that that medallion cost my restaurant 60 bucks (which wasn't even the real thing, this was the aforementioned "Kobe style" beef) and you can quickly see why you don't see it on many menus. We were considering carrying them, but at $150 a plate it would have been 5 times more than our most expensive item, a bacon-wrapped eight ounce filet mignon of poor-man's Angus steak.

In short, if you ever see Kobe on a menu and want a real treat, order a filet of Kobe, and get it rare. Holy f$&@*(&^@ sh#@*($^&*#@^&!@#.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 03:19 PM   #13
BMGYaris

Drives: Yaris 3dr Hatchback
Quote:
=
=
Well i was looking at the math on this for a moment. correct me if im wrong but if there are 360 days in a year and you eat out once a day every single day in the year and spend an average of 10 dollars per meal that would only be 3,600 dollars a year. Now if you ate out 3 times a day, breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and you averaged 10 dollars per meal that would be only 10,800 dollars in one year.

What it finally works out to is that in order to spend 25,000 dollars eating out at a restraunt three times day EVERY single day for one year you would have to average $24.14 per meal (again, that includes breakfast)

but lets say you dont eat out 3 times a day, thats too ridiculous, lets just say you eat out twice a day, EVERY single day, that means that you would have to average $34.27 per meal.

BUT theres more. in ordre to calculate your true savings from not eating at a restaurant you have to:

$Spent.at.restaurant - $Spent.cooking.at.home=$Saved.not.eating.out

so lets say you spend an average of 7 dollars per meal at home (though anybody spending 34.27 out twice a day would probably spend way more than that)

So that means that you would have to be eating out at a restraunt an average of 2 times per day and spending an average of at least $41.27 (remember, there are ALOT of nice restaurants for 10 and 20 bucks out there) in order for cutting out ALL restaurant trips to save up enough money for this particular "Meal of a Lifetime" (though notice that would in fact make it "meal of the year")
BMGYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 03:20 PM   #14
Kaotic Lazagna

yeah, i love food, shoot, i'm constantly eating...but 25k? that's a little too much for one meal. oh, and yeah, i know that America is hated for our waste of food, buffets and all that. however, i try not to waste any food. i buy and eat food that i know that i will like so that i won't leave any to go to waste.

i dunno, i never liked rare meat. so i will probably end up wasting that Kobe beef. better leave it to those who would appreciate it more than i would.
Old 02-11-2007, 03:22 PM   #15
Kaotic Lazagna

whoa, i hate math now...you lost me...lol.
Old 02-11-2007, 03:46 PM   #16
Nutzoids

Drives: 07 Yaris Liftback
Alright, Alright…

I may have over exaggerated on the price a little… And yes Sex is more fun then food, but not more important!

I can go a week without sex (Maybe) but I can’t go more then a day without food!

I am just saying if I had $25,000 grad just sitting around and I didn’t know what to do with it… I would eat that meal…

To date the most expensive meal I ate was a $300 FEAST at the Delmonico Steakhouse in Las Vegas… It was by far the best meal I have ever had… Hell I needed to smoke a cigarette afterwards

I have had Kobi Style beef before, but from what others have told me... Still no where near the flavor of Kobi Beef!

Nutzoids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 04:30 PM   #17
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
I can go a week without sex (Maybe) but I can’t go more then a day without food!

I am just saying if I had $25,000 grad just sitting around and I didn’t know what to do with it… I would eat that meal…

true, true...
Old 02-11-2007, 08:11 PM   #18
Typer73
Tired of the Stars!

Drives: '07 Meteorite LB
And I thought people were crazy for buying cars that cost more than my house...
Typer73 is offline   Reply With Quote