Quote:
Originally Posted by TLyttle
It has been a long time since I visited Europe, but I do remember going into a shop and buying bread. Bang. On the counter is your loaf of bread, pay up. Same thing in cheese shops. It was up to YOU to bring your own bags for the goods you were going to buy, think ahead, Colonial! Why should the retailer do it for you? Believe it or not, it isn't difficult to change your ways, just take your own bags, simple as that.
|
I've been to Germany multiple times. In grocery stores in Germany, you always bring your own bag, always. If you forget, some stores will give you a bag, but there's a charge for it. I can't remember what the charge was, but it's a lot more than five cents. As for making you pay for other stuff, for some reason, retail stores and shopping centers in Germany charge money to use the bathroom, even if you're a paying customer. If you gotta take a whiz, it could set you back as much as fifty cents. Yes, I know water's expensive in Germany, but charging customers to use the bathroom is just plain idiotic. So, complain all you want about having to pay for bags. It could be much worse....You could be living in Europe, and have to pay to use the restroom during your shopping trip!