Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Third Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Third Gen Yaris General Discussion
  The Tire Rack

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-12-2012, 10:01 PM   #6
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing
 
fnkngrv's Avatar
 
Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In The Hotbox
Posts: 4,742
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubaru Steve View Post
i have the same intake on my 12 se, no issues but still breaking in so haven't passed 3500 rpm.

Every time I see this I have to chuckle...not at the folks being cautious, but at myself. I bought my 07 in Mankato, MN and then my break in was driving it back the 2000 miles to Maine and the bulk of the driving was at 80-85mph many times taking the revs up to mid 5s. I guess I kind of threw caution to the wind.


As for the spacers they are critical otherwise the MAF sits too low in the pipe causing issues when you really get on it. I never threw a CEL until I went boosted.
__________________
Team Tiamat Racing on Facebook


Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing


Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Custom CAI trial and error mikeukrainetz DIY / Maintenance / Service 1 03-07-2013 03:13 AM
AFE Intake cel rihdrkc Performance Modifications 11 01-09-2012 03:23 PM
aFe CAI questions Bryman31 Performance Modifications 4 04-18-2010 11:26 PM
AFE cai intake....pros/cons severous01 Performance Modifications 21 06-30-2009 02:55 AM
Afe intake installed...CEL ??? vten Performance Modifications 7 06-05-2009 12:08 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:18 AM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.