Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-30-2007, 04:27 PM   #19
jdium
Mr Attitude

Drives: Blazing Blue 5 Spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pars View Post
Never got zapped, even during the winter month.

Lately, we've been getting a lot of short but intense thunder storm in the GTA core, knocking down trees and power line (luckily it's in the wealthy area with mature trees....those guys can afford it). Anyways, with all the power line getting knocked over, I'd feel safer if the car wasn't grounded.
Grounded doesn't mean to the ground...there is no wire or something dragging along under you...
Old 07-30-2007, 05:53 PM   #20
Shijima

Drives: 07 HB
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdium View Post
Grounded doesn't mean to the ground...there is no wire or something dragging along under you...
BTW I hate when I see that damned wire hanging from cars.
Shijima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 07:09 PM   #21
flint_mica_manual

Drives: S Sedan
I got a heavy electrostatic shock every time I got out of the car and touched the door for about 3 months.

Doesn't do it anymore. My theory is that as the seats get worn-in they have less fuzz and so less of a build up. Also, I'm sure sweat and oils start to coat the seat after you own if for awhile -- not allowing the seat to transfer a charge to your body. -- a little gross, but I'm sure it has something to do with it.
flint_mica_manual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 10:01 AM   #22
Yaris Revenge
GIGA...DRILL...BREAKER!!!

Drives: Lagann. ;P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shijima View Post
BTW I hate when I see that damned wire hanging from cars.
My dad is a lift truck mechanic. All lift trucks have a chain hanging off the back to keep them from building a static charge... they generally use these flat, treadless rubber wheels and run on smooth concrete all day long, so they have the potential to build up a nasty charge. When Dad and the other greasemonkeys want to aggravate one of the driver's they'll hang the chain so that it doesn't touch the ground. Dad said he's seen an arc jump almost a foot to hit a guy as he dismounted. Pops like a sunuvabitch!

Fun stuff!

~YR