Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Fuel Economy Forum
  The Tire Rack

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-11-2008, 12:01 PM   #11
Loren
What?
 
Loren's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris LB
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Safety Harbor, FL
Posts: 1,006
I should have posted this in the first post, but didn't really think you guys would be so interested:
Event Info Thread (link to route information and more details at the top of the 2nd page)

Thanks for the tip on octane, Brian. Makes sense. If you're driving "normally" or "somewhat agressively", you could see a gain in economy from higher octane. Slugging the car around in a hypermiling fashion, probably won't make much of a difference and those who have tried it say they see a decrease. No problem... I'll fill up with 87!

I do have my route planned, and it does not include any interstate travel at all. But, it DOES include a lot of back roads with 35 mph speed limits. Now, I'll probably drive an average 40 mph on those roads... but I still need speed to get my average up to 45. There's also some city driving and stop lights that will also bring the average speed down. So, when I'm on a highway where the speed limit is 55 or 60, I'm going to need to GO 55 or 60 to bring the speed back up. With my car, I've noticed that I can maintain (with the AC on) 50 mpg at up to about 55 mph. It starts nose-diving at 60. So, I'll have to walk the fine line there. It's not a concern... just part of the challenge. :)

The penalty for blowing the 45 mph limit... well, there is one. But, really, I don't want to blow it. I want this to be a fairly realistic test. On top of that, as the event organizer, I don't want to be the one to bend my own rules... I want to do things right. Sure, I could get 60 mpg or more with an average speed of 38 mph... but that's not a very realistic test!

Sounds like my goal of 55 mostly lies with me and my mad hypermiling skills. This is good. As long as the car can do it, I should be able to pull it off.

I'll keep you posted. And any of you Florida guys, feel free to join us!
__________________

----------------------- Loren@InvisibleSun.org -----------------------
Loren is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My progression into hypermiling BailOut General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 8 10-13-2009 06:31 PM
Yaris Color and MPG Statistics/Summary jmharn General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 21 11-19-2008 04:52 PM
Toyota Yaris MPG Review at www.mpgomatic.com aca72 Fuel Economy Forum 23 10-31-2008 03:59 PM
Am I calculating MPG correctly? YarisBlazer General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 24 08-18-2007 11:57 AM
Wow, I Got 48.57 mpg Kaotic Lazagna General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 52 05-10-2007 10:09 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:58 AM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.