Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-09-2008, 07:02 PM   #11
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see
 
Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brossard, QC
Posts: 3,887
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
Daewoo Suzuki Swift; huh? Mine was a 2000 GS two-door hatch; my little Silver Bullet. From the minute I drove it (actually, from the minute I drove the 1997 Geo Metro that I had before this; it's the same car), I loved it...

This one; eh... The Swift's design was absolutely sublime; nothing extra and nothing superfluous. I almost feel like they added the cup holders and bottle holders (notice that you aren't supposed to cross-utilize the two; little signs tell you not to) and coin holders and MP3 jacks and white plastic next to grey plastic just to make you feel you're getting more for your money; feels "busy."

And then little things like the seat belt getting hung up on the seat lever, and what's with the hatchback? I have to unlock it to use it (not so the Swift)? What's with all the little velcro strips? And everything falls out (oh, yeah; I'm supposed to buy the "net" to hold stuff in)? No excuse for this; bad design.

Those of you who love it, all I can say is: obviously you never owned a Swift.

I did own a swift... like i said (if you actually read what i said earlier) i used to have a 93 swift sedan before my yaris sedan. And i can tell you every little detail that i hated about MY swift. But that's not the point....
I would say you just bought the wrong car at the wrong moment.... Your 2000 swift was probably more reliable than my 93, but this is very relative to many different things... so let's not talk about it anymore.



Quote:
Originally Posted by lita_g View Post
What's wrong with the hatchback? why wouldn't you have to unlock it to use it? I would feel very insecure if it wasn't locked, then anyone could open it if I was at a stop light or if my car was parked. I've also only noticed 2 velcro strips, for that thing that hangs in the back, which I removed and put in a closet at home because I don't see a use for it, are there any more strips?
outtahere used to have a 2000 swift.. those hatchbacks has a "trunk release" lever inside.. just like how the yaris sedan is... you pop the trunk like you would "pop" the hood.

I'm surprised that he had no mentioned anything about the center seat belt that hangs from the roof.
IllusionX is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NEWS: TOYOTA REVEALS ALL-NEW YARIS SEDAN AT 2006 LOS ANGELES AUTO SHOW VitzBoy General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 7 09-20-2023 07:50 AM
News : 2007 Toyota Yaris - the little Euro's official arrival VitzBoy General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 9 06-06-2017 12:51 AM
Yaris and Echo short shifters sale, $30 off! TWM Performance TWM Performance 8 11-17-2008 02:23 PM
Test Drive: Yaris revolution ketel0ne General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 0 08-04-2006 10:13 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:54 PM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.