Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Fuel Economy Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-02-2009, 02:29 PM   #19
Klink10

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodium Duck View Post
where did you mount your scangauge? i dont see it hiding anywhere in your garage pics
It is enroute at this time. My mount has been fab'd and will rest in the drivers side cupholder. Thanks for cking the garage.
Klink10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 03:28 PM   #20
Sodium Duck
╚══════════RN

Drives: 2008 Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Sodium Duck
No prob. I really like the Honda wheels by the way. Are they any lighter or heavier than stock?
Old 03-03-2009, 08:44 PM   #21
captainm27

Drives: 2008 Sedan A/T Silver
wow, this sounds and looks so cool! Please, post pics as soon as possible. I want one too! Darn economy! When I find something awesome like this, I would buy it in a heartbeat, but now, I always have this tugging feeling when buying stuff, even cheap stuff. Maybe it's because there are job lay offs left and right from where I work..... Man, but still! I don't know how I would mount it. Let us know if it includes any kind of mounting tools, etc.
captainm27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 09:58 PM   #22
Sodium Duck
╚══════════RN

I'm thinking about getting something like this, as I would still like to buy a tachometer, and a volt meter. I just need to see if the base of this ecogauge will come off so I could mount it in a normal round hole.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/52mm-...Q5fAccessories
Old 03-03-2009, 09:59 PM   #23
Sodium Duck
╚══════════RN

a pic for those unmotivated to click...
Attached Images

Old 03-04-2009, 02:38 PM   #24
Klink10

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Sodium, Ref. the wheels....you know I'm not really sure. I didn't get them for that. I got them because I'd seen a pic of a Yaris with them, liked the look and found a brand new set with new Michelins for 400 bucks.
Klink10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 02:51 PM   #25
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
I ordered one of these on Monday. I still hadn't received shipping confirmation, so I called today. This thing appears to just be vaporware at this point. The company in the link above is hooked in with a multi-vendor system (where they all link to the same page of products for the same prices).

According the the person I spoke with, until Sodium and I placed our orders on Monday he never even knew that the item existed on their site. He called his distributor and he too had no clue about when the ecometer would actually be available to ship.
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 03:16 PM   #26
daf62757
Nothing beats a Toyota!

Drives: 2013 Yaris 5 dr liftback
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
I ordered one of these on Monday. I still hadn't received shipping confirmation, so I called today. This thing appears to just be vaporware at this point. The company in the link above is hooked in with a multi-vendor system (where they all link to the same page of products for the same prices).

According the the person I spoke with, until Sodium and I placed our orders on Monday he never even knew that the item existed on their site. He called his distributor and he too had no clue about when the ecometer would actually be available to ship.
Thanks for your posting. I was a second away from hitting the buy button and then decided to finish all the thread.

Please let us know when you do get it. I want to buy one too but don't want to tie up my money waiting for this to get in inventory.

Synthetic Oil....its in my car.....for at least 10,000 miles!

daf62757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 03:27 PM   #27
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by daf62757 View Post
Thanks for your posting. I was a second away from hitting the buy button and then decided to finish all the thread.

Please let us know when you do get it. I want to buy one too but don't want to tie up my money waiting for this to get in inventory.
The guy from PhantasmUSA.com actually cancelled my order (and hadn't billed my card yet).

I just spoke with the manufacturer (Autometer). They have not yet released it to production, but expect to within the next two weeks. They believe that it will then be shipping to distributors by the end of the month...
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote