Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-18-2009, 08:00 PM   #10
PhilD424
 
Drives: Red Yaris
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by yarisitis View Post
I know the cooling fan is working because I can hear it turn on and off.

I'm not sure what the thermostat is, and what it does by opening and how it affects the A/C. Can you explain this to me?

Is there anything I should check for physically under the hood? I read somewhere that you can check a pipe coming from the A/C compressor while you have the car running with the A/C on and if you feel the pipe is cold then it should be working right, and if it's not cold then there might be a pressure or freon issue. Anyone know about this?
The thermostat is a circle that opens and closes in the upper radiator hose mount that goes into the block. When the engine is cold and the coolant is cold, it does not allow coolant to flow into the radiator. If your thermostat is mal-functioning then it won't open to allow the coolant to go through and be cooled and it overheats the engine. You could also have a bad water pump. Pull out the thermostat and re-connect the hose and see if it still overheats. If I were you'd I leave the thermostat out it provides better flow. Only downside is it will take longer to warm up in the winter but 4 bangers warm up quick anyway.
__________________
-Phil
PhilD424 is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cold air intake vs air intake Liu997 Performance Modifications 15 11-05-2009 05:32 PM
Simota Carbon Charger Cold Air Intake lilredrocket Performance Modifications 18 04-13-2009 03:16 AM
Intake Systems Decision Maker.. Blenjar Performance Modifications 25 09-15-2007 10:07 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:25 AM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.