Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 09-30-2009, 03:42 PM   #19
awdblazer

Drives: 1998 toyota rav4
http://www.nokiantires.com/tyre?id=1...akkapeliitta+5
this is what you want and in the 185/60/15
awdblazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 04:23 PM   #20
DevilGirl

Drives: 09 3dr LB MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebarber View Post
whats the difference between 14 and 15" rims for the tpms? i wager nothing.

or just drive for 4-6months w/a light on your dash
I'm not sure if my post was misunderstood. I'm trying to find steelies to use for the winter without having to rip the sensors out of my current wheels Trying to have 1 complete (wheels, tires, and sensors included) set for the winter, and 1 complete set (wheels, tires, with sensors) for other 3 seasons. So that way all I'd have to do is just swap the set out when winter comes. And since my current tires only have 4500 miles on them (still new)........

The other point was to have a fully functioning sensor system during the entire year.

Car bought 8/7/09. Now over 89k miles of trouble free driving, other than user error!!
DevilGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 09:27 AM   #21
ROCKLAND TOYOTA
TRIM HUNTER

Drives: 2007 BLAZIN BLUE YARIS 3 DR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liltoaster View Post
Very Nice :)

Yea i'd be all over those but you are in Ontario :(

Oh well going to sell my Rota's and get me some 14's im thinking :) Once I do the test fit with the Honda Fit wheels LOL
fit wheels will work. a guy by me has them on his black liftback....

TOYOTA PARTS AT A DISCOUNT........
ROCKLAND TOYOTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 08:26 PM   #22
WolfWings

Drives: Silver 2007 3Dr - Gryph
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilGirl View Post
I'm not sure if my post was misunderstood. I'm trying to find steelies to use for the winter without having to rip the sensors out of my current wheels Trying to have 1 complete (wheels, tires, and sensors included) set for the winter, and 1 complete set (wheels, tires, with sensors) for other 3 seasons. So that way all I'd have to do is just swap the set out when winter comes. And since my current tires only have 4500 miles on them (still new)........

The other point was to have a fully functioning sensor system during the entire year.
You'll still have to reprogram the car whenever you switch wheels.

To be honest, with how few months you'll have the winter wheels on each year, you'd be better off just saving the cost of the sensors and grabbing plain steel rims for winter. Check the pressure before you put them on, and once a month until you take them off, screw the TPMS. It's not like your car will explode from your TPMS light being on or anything. =^.^=
Old 10-02-2009, 04:38 AM   #23
regal

Drives: 09 Yaris 3 Dr White LB
I am using a set of 14" Honda Civic rims with Michellin 175/70/14 radian X snow tires. The tires were dirt cheap from tireeasy. All together I have less than $300 in the setup.

Do the TPMS mod to disable those silly squackers, makes life much easier.
regal is offline   Reply With Quote