Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-23-2006, 12:13 PM   #19
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCharles
I go into the dealership every 5,000 miles and get my stamp in the maintenance book. If you don't you're devaluing your car, plain and simple.
This is an odd statement, I work for a large tire store chain and I am going to change my oil every 5k like I am supposed to, I will not let the dealer rip me off for any maintence service I can do myself at work. Plus we keep computerized records, if I ever did have a warranty issue with my engine they can not legally deny it because I chose to do my own maintence
Old 11-24-2006, 03:16 AM   #20
hasher22
Look mum no stars!!

Drives: Toyota Yaris 06
Send a message via MSN to hasher22
Quote:
Originally Posted by spkrman
maybe they only get commision if they dont do the work????
hmm cuz i was just wondering, with the video the mech. say that they are gonna service what they need to do with the car but they dont do it.

So if they get commision of the customers bills the mechs will try and raise their bills so their get a higher paycheck

And if they dont, whats the point of tellin the customers they are gonna change the fluids and all that when they are not gonna do it.

I mean, if i was gettin commission and was a dickhead mech i would prob do that.
Old 11-30-2006, 04:20 AM   #21
RogueYaris

Drives: 2015 Abs Red
Comission or not, they're fuckin' lazy.
RogueYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 01:10 PM   #22
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Yaris
This is an odd statement, I work for a large tire store chain and I am going to change my oil every 5k like I am supposed to, I will not let the dealer rip me off for any maintence service I can do myself at work. Plus we keep computerized records, if I ever did have a warranty issue with my engine they can not legally deny it because I chose to do my own maintence
I understand. I'm just saying as a used car buyer, there is nothing that can make a car more attractive than when the owner walks up with the Toyota warranty guide in hand and every single visit is stamped and has detailed information as to what was done. Its not to say that changing your oil yourself yields any different outcome, but just to have that documentation... I don't know, if you spend the $13k to get the car, whats another 20 or 30 bucks to have them put the oil in for you and stamp your book. You know you leave with a free car wash and inspection anyway.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 11:12 PM   #23
Kitt

Drives: Thndr cl metallic HB 3 drs '05
Send a message via MSN to Kitt
well, thx God we don't have Jiffylube here! but it is a heads up anyways, i'll try to mark my fuel filter, it needs replacement soon!