Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-02-2010, 05:44 PM   #19
jetlag 5000

Drives: Toyota Yaris 2003 Mazda 5 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaris Hilton View Post
Nothing's wrong with minivans. I've still got my good old 1998 Mercury Villager.
They are well cool..... It amazes me how some cars just run and run.

At my work we have 2 Toyoya Hiace' one is well barely run in at 14k.. but the other on has 87k .... once warmed up (Diesel) it runs lovely and will top a ton...... while watching for the Police of course... + and knowing where the speed camera's are sited!!
However fast... they are VERY light at the back and swing ronud to say hello..... brown pants.
jetlag 5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 11:05 AM   #20
Sidicas

Drives: 2010 Toyota Yaris Hatchback
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremesniper View Post
Hell, the Previa had an ICE MAKER at the front under the console! Come on!
You should move farther up north... You'll find that all cars have an ice maker, just spray a little windshield washer fluid and it turns to ice the instant it hits your windshield..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Yaris View Post
I love how people from the UK use the word "rubbish" :)
Ya, every time I see it, I get this picture of my 85 year old grandpa in my head.. Talk like a WWII Vet, and I'll think you are one..

One of my friends was trying to talk me into buying an old conversion van instead of a Yaris.... Still, I went with the Yaris.. Those vans have just got too much of the "pedophile" and also the "1960s" stigmas in them..

Last edited by Sidicas; 01-03-2010 at 11:21 AM.
Sidicas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 01:29 PM   #21
MUSKOKA800

Drives: Scion FRS RS2, ‘21 Crosstrek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaris Hilton View Post
Nothing's wrong with minivans. I've still got my good old 1998 Mercury Villager.
How many exhaust manifolds have you had crack?

Aftermarket Goodies: Piggies SS, K&N Drop-In, Blitz S/C, DC Header, NST Pulley)

Toyota Options/Accessories: Sport Pedal Covers, Sport Shift Knob, Ipod Interface, Summer Mats, Winter Mats, Cruise Control, Auto-Dim Mirror, Echo steelies with winter boots.
MUSKOKA800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 02:24 AM   #22
Freestylin

Drives: 09 Blizzard Pearl RS LB
My dad has a USDM Toyota Previa ever since the 1990's and currently it has 420,000km on the engine and still running strong. All he ever did to maintain it was to do the usual oil change and the fact that the engine uses a timing chain is also a plus. I think that this car is very solid from my understanding and would definitely recommend it to others. Oh yeah, it is also RWD for anyone who wants to have some fun drifting in a van..lol
Freestylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 03:42 PM   #23
xtremesniper

Drives: 2009 Yaris HB RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidicas View Post
You should move farther up north... You'll find that all cars have an ice maker, just spray a little windshield washer fluid and it turns to ice the instant it hits your windshield..
I live in Canada. Any further up north and I'll naturally become an eskimo.

And yes, that has happened to me once.. Not often, but one time I tried to clear the windshield and BAM. Ice.
xtremesniper is offline   Reply With Quote