![]() |
|
|
|
#9 | |
![]() Drives: 2010 Yaris S Join Date: May 2009
Location: sherwood, oregon
Posts: 10
|
Nark!
Quote:
So (drumroll)...what I found out was that I was NOT knocking the shifter into 3rd gear. I was CONSTANTLY DRIVING IN 3RD GEAR! Yes I am a fool. Yes you can laugh at me. But in my defense, I have never, ever driven an AT with a 3rd gear. Only L, 2, D, N, R, P. So for some reason, what I know see to be clearly labeled never even occurred to me. I just followed the notching on the shifter and wound up in 3rd. All the time. (My wife too). So I was right that it was at too high an rpm...and yet I was so, so wrong. So, knowing this, should I get my tranny checked or something? I feel like I've been damaging my poor Yaris for so long without knowing it. And to set the record straight, I love the Yaris. When I said I was dissapointed, it was because I saw case after case after case of people getting well over EPA, many claiming with an auto and without hypermiling (or without any hypermiling beyond the conservative driving I already employ). |
|
|
|
|
| Tags |
| automatic, fuel efficiency, mpg |
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| NEWS: TOYOTA REVEALS ALL-NEW YARIS SEDAN AT 2006 LOS ANGELES AUTO SHOW | VitzBoy | General Yaris / Vitz Discussion | 7 | 09-20-2023 07:50 AM |
| News : 2007 Toyota Yaris - the little Euro's official arrival | VitzBoy | General Yaris / Vitz Discussion | 9 | 06-06-2017 12:51 AM |
| Consumer Reports Is On Crack!!! | doublewam | General Yaris / Vitz Discussion | 82 | 05-07-2011 11:03 AM |