Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-24-2010, 02:36 PM   #19
Loren
What?

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
Sorry Loren, but your theory or whatever you are basing your opinions on here (it sure isn't first hand experience with a Yaris or 1NZ motor) aren't valid or correct. And the misinformation you are spreading is, frankly, counter-productive.
Okay, let's not argue and present opinions. Let's share references.

http://www.popularhotrodding.com/tec...ing/index.html

----------------------- Loren@InvisibleSun.org -----------------------
Loren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 06:38 PM   #20
Maitre_Te_Te

Drives: Yaris 08
I know polish intake on old head with carburator is not a god idea because the carburator is not the best for to do a good air/essence mixture. This is for this the turbulance are good for th do a good mixture. But now, tje injector is directly on the intake valve an do a good spray, then polish do a good flow for best mixture intake in cylinder. But it's sure to porting intake for to do a bigger porting this is not good on N/A beacause you reduce the mixture speed/flow. (like a presure produce with the same water flow in different pipe)

This is not just matematical because if you see a dyno sheet, the hp on yaris is at her top at 5600 rpm and after, hp go down. If I unlock the rev limit, thne engine in matematical can go at 8000 rpm but in reality with physic, the engine can't. Honda can go at 8000 RPM because her engine have maybe 13:1 compression and her disign is the best for high RPM. Yaris it's design for the torque, not hp at 8000rpm. What I think, with a best compresion, I will go search more HP at more rev (maybe 6200) at the top of HP at rev limiter.

Sorry again for my english! this is hard to explain.
Maitre_Te_Te is offline   Reply With Quote