Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-17-2010, 12:05 PM   #19
talnlnky
Audio Junky

Drives: 08 liftback
Send a message via AIM to talnlnky
Quote:
Originally Posted by _S7V7N_ View Post
The sealed box i have now is 30" width 14 Height and 14 Diameter, made out of 1/2 Inch Mdf with the divider in the middle...so i'd maybe 1.0 per chamber, don't get me wrong its like i have two silver back gorillas wrestling around back there, and i believe the Small amp i have on it is not giving it quite the juice i'm looking for. I'll try to video the flex on my trunk, it's pretty awsome.

Any idea what size that Ported box would be as far as L W H . And 2 cu ft per chamber right ? I want to stay @ 35 Hz.
depends on how much port area you use, what thickness of wood you use, and generally what size you want your box.... if you have a sedan you have to make sure you can get your box into the trunk (I had that problem once, ended up bending my rear deck 1/4" after kicking with both legs as hard as I could to get the box to fit. hehe).

I'll figure out the minimum amount of port area you need, but from there you have to crunch the numbers and decide your box dimensions.