Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-27-2010, 11:44 AM   #1
saue1436

Drives: 07 sedan
Hertz and Audison set-up

For those familiar with the Audison and Hertz equipment:
  • Hertz Mille MLK165 front components
  • Alpine CDA9887 head unit with imprint
  • Audison LRX 3.1k ABD class amp
  • Stinger SPV20 second battery
  • Audison connection RCA's
  • JL Audio power wire
  • Hertz Hi-Energy 12" sub in custom fiberglass enclosure
  • Dynamat everywhere, even where it shouldn't be

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Everything is complete. The only weak point would be the Alpine 9887. I'm looking to get a new Kenwood Excelon 9960 sometime soon to replace it.
saue1436 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 12:31 PM   #2
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
Welcome to the Audison crew! I am in the middle of my Audison build up myself. I'm using an LRx 1.1k, 2.9, and a 4.5. They are deceptively small amplifiers! I was assisting on an Audison build last week for a 2006 SLK 55 AMG that used a single SRx 5.1 and some Mille components and one IDQ 10 in the passenger's side floor board. Simple system with a great sound.

Audison is coming on strong for people this year that I'm seeing. It's an interesting phenomenon.

With that Kenwood, are what kind of crossover section does it have available?
Old 04-27-2010, 01:36 PM   #3
derickveliz2

Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Nice and clean, I wonder if somebody starts selling this custom subwoofer boxes for Yaris sedan....?

D.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:37 PM   #4
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

I put a feeler out there for the corner loaded woofer boxes a few years ago. I had about four people who were hardcore interested. It wasn't enough for me to invest the time. The thing is, there are SO many woofers out there. I'm more of the type of guy to take your needs, make the enclosure to a specific woofer, and then send it to you loaded.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:29 PM   #5
Palmer812

Drives: 2010 Meteorite Metallic LB
How does she sound? We just signed on as a Hertz Audison dealer but haven't received our first order yet. I am anxious to try it out. We are a Kenwood Excelon dealer also. You will love that 9960.
Palmer812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 08:13 PM   #6
saue1436

Drives: 07 sedan
This is the first time I've decided to take pictures of my set-up. It's been in for 1-2 years at this point. Time flies.
I am a sales person at The Stereo Shop here in Rochester, NY. I was the test dummy for Audison and Hertz last year and this summer we now carry their full lines. It sounds great and can stand up to a beating.
saue1436 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 11:54 PM   #7
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

Oh yeah. Elettromedia is good equipment. I made the amplifier jump after planning to use Image Dynamics Q amps for the last year. The LRx line is good enough for my needs and versitile...oh man are they versitile! The Italians make good amplifiers. Now all I have to do is to be able to afford a Thesis Uno, Duo, and Quattro and I'll be set. The really nice thing about the LRx line is that the footprint is so friggin small! The amp rack is going to a breeze because of the small footprint. We're thinking of a center mounting between the two 15"s for the amps...

I know the subs are nice as well. I just can't justify the cost versus overall performance over the ID oferings, which is why I'm still using the ID 15"s. One Hi Energy 15 is 3/4 the cost of both the ID 15s. Perhaps I may make that as the next equipment jump next year. The thing is that those IDs are real performers off what I'm working with now.