Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-24-2010, 11:48 AM   #1
nick.dollimount
Yaris = <3

Drives: '08 Sedan - Flint Mica
HID *possible* issue

Hey guys,

I've had my HIDs installed for a little while now. Just recently, in the past couple weeks, I've noticed that my passenger side light flickers a couple times as they're warming up. It stays on full with no flickering at all once they're on. The left one warms ups very smoothly like both have done since they were installed. Is this something I should worry about? If I can get a nice day outside, I'll try swapping the bulbs to see if it's the bulb or the ballast. Any ideas in the meantime? Thanks!
==============================
Debadged Rear; Blue Interior Styling; Toyota Sports Pedals; AM Exhaust Tip; OEM Spoiler; Upgraded Speakers; Sony Xplod BT 2600 Deck; Infinity Basslink SUB/AMP in Trunk; 16" Konig Rims; 6000k HID Bi-Xenons; 6000k HID Fogs; NST Short Shifter
nick.dollimount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 12:03 PM   #2
Lucas13

Drives: 07 Yaris LB
When they flicker the bulb shuts down completely? If is just a slight change of intensity for couple of times you should have no problems, this is when the electronics on the ballast regulate the ignition, after the system is warm they work normal.
Lucas13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 12:05 PM   #3
nick.dollimount
Yaris = <3

Drives: '08 Sedan - Flint Mica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas13 View Post
When they flicker the bulb shuts down completely? If is just a slight change of intensity for couple of times you should have no problems, this is when the electronics on the ballast regulate the ignition, after the system is warm they work normal.
That's right, just a slight flick in intensity. Not completely off. ....I think. Now I'm doubting myself lol I'll check to make sure tonight but I'm pretty sure it just flickers dim and not off. Thanks for your post!
Debadged Rear; Blue Interior Styling; Toyota Sports Pedals; AM Exhaust Tip; OEM Spoiler; Upgraded Speakers; Sony Xplod BT 2600 Deck; Infinity Basslink SUB/AMP in Trunk; 16" Konig Rims; 6000k HID Bi-Xenons; 6000k HID Fogs; NST Short Shifter
nick.dollimount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 12:21 PM   #4
Lucas13

Drives: 07 Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick.dollimount View Post
That's right, just a slight flick in intensity. Not completely off. ....I think. Now I'm doubting myself lol I'll check to make sure tonight but I'm pretty sure it just flickers dim and not off. Thanks for your post!
No problem! mine does the same thing good luck with that!
Lucas13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 10:52 PM   #5
hydrohopper

Drives: Dodge SRT4
Are you talking about flickering between different colors?
hydrohopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 12:20 AM   #6
YarisSedan

Drives: 08 Yaris Sedan
Ive heard they start to flicker when they are about to go out. Not sure if its true or not. Guess only way to see is if it progresses worse and then finally stops working.
YarisSedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 03:08 AM   #7
falkor_99

Drives: 07 Yaris Blue HB
Send a message via AIM to falkor_99
I am having the same problem with my HIDs too. I bought em cheap off ebay and I think they are just really cheap bulbs. It happened to me before and and the seller sent me knew bulbs and now one of the lights is doing the same thing. It just twitches. Like there is a fly right on top of the bulb and the light is cutting through its wings. At least that is my problem.
falkor_99 is offline   Reply With Quote