Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-24-2010, 07:08 PM   #1
YAR1S

Drives: 07 Yaris 3dr LB (Bayou Blue)
Send a message via AIM to YAR1S
Visiting Nashville, TN! What's to do?

Im going up to Nashville tomorrow through tuesday for a job interview.What places should I look at to give me a good ide of what it's like to live there.

or

What are your likes and dislike of Nashville if you live there.... any good places to live (apts)?

btw I kinda wish they wanted me to come up last weekend, I could have gone to import alliance LOL!
better yet, im glad I didnt go to import alliance and had to go back this weekend for a second time!

Quote:
"Spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know"
YAR1S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 10:38 PM   #2
YAR1S

Drives: 07 Yaris 3dr LB (Bayou Blue)
Send a message via AIM to YAR1S
anyone even live there on yw?

Quote:
"Spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know"
YAR1S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 06:12 PM   #3
Kal-El

Drives: 07 Yaris S Sedan 5-Speed
Can't say anything about Nashville but I just got back from vacation from Gatlinburg, Sevierville, and Pigeon Forge, TN which is about an hour south of Knoxville on the east side. What a great place! A million things to do. Couldn't believe how developed it was. Looked like Vegas with a bit of country feel. I have to imagine Nashville has more stuff to do than you'd ever have time for.

With a 700lb load in my Yaris, I averaged 38.5 mpg over the 1,900 mile round trip from Massachusetts and that was while averaging 70-80 mph. Oh, and this is with 16" wheels with much wider tires than stock which is supposed to drop FE. How the hell can they rate this thing 36 highway??? Did the EPA testers flatten the Yaris with a 1,000 pound load and simulate 90 mph?

Kal-El is offline   Reply With Quote