Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-20-2010, 10:20 AM   #31
djct_watt
 
Drives: 2010 NCP91 5spd
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Thailand
Posts: 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by SailDesign View Post
In '09, we had 83 road traffic deaths versus 39 murders, so it is still statistically safer (in a lose-your-life way) to walk around unprotected than to drive a car.
I'm working on the assumption that I'm safe from rape, of course....
Double check driving habits, DUI's, and people not wearing their seatbelts, and you can cut down that statistic by quite a bit. Most people are idiots behind the wheel and the very same people shouldn't be operating firearms either.

What the driving statistic says to me isn't that we should prevent all people from driving or owning guns. No, it says to me that we need STRICTER driver's license requirements, testing, training, and issuance. I don't understand people who flip out about guns when there are people flying around on the roads in giant machinery that is just as dangerous. Get the morons off the road. . . just as you should keep guns out of the hands of morons too.

I've been robbed before. . . and I've been assaulted too (both in the USA). Hey, I was "jumped" by 10+ drunk college dudes wanting to "brawl." And I've also been crashed into by other cars. . . once by a police officer that ran a red light with his lights on but no siren (and I was on a motorcycle at the time). Now I can't exactly "defend" myself against other drivers (there is only so much you can do, defensively). You can't exactly shoot at someone before they crash into you. But you can definitely stop a robbery in progress. . .
__________________
The best modification you can make is between the steering wheel and driver's seat.
djct_watt is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:27 PM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.