Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-29-2011, 01:43 AM   #1
Nodrog

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Send a message via AIM to Nodrog
Boss HU wiring questions

I hope to install this Boss HU in my 07 sedan.
Q1-I have the Metra harness, which I have connected to one of the HU's harness. The other harness has this pink wire labeled 'Front Illumination Control (+12V)'. I'm not sure where to connect this, and the only thing I've found on the forum is this-which I have no idea what it means;
"Radio Illumination green + radio harness"
Any ideas where to connect this wire?

Q2- I have the brown 'brake' wire, which I understand from the forums can be connected to a ground instead of the brake (it's a very short wire) to be able to watch video 'all the time'. Is this correct?

Thanks so much for any help that can be offered. I was all ready to go install the HU when all the stuff arrived (bunch of eBay purchases), but this pink wire especially has stumped me...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wire.JPG (72.3 KB, 75 views)
Old 01-29-2011, 03:13 AM   #2
_S7V7N_

Drives: Yaris 4 Door Sedan
Send a message via Yahoo to _S7V7N_
If that's from your radio harness check out the Orange wire, on the wire harness it should read illumination. Although you know the speech safety first bla bla bla if you get into an accident it's on you, but yes, you ground that wire to anywhere metal, I just put a bolt with a nut and grounded mine when i had it.

First two should match up perfect, the other is the actual factory harness color.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Colorcode.JPG (40.8 KB, 74 views)
File Type: gif headunitwh.gif (13.3 KB, 72 views)
File Type: jpg Wire Schematic.JPG (30.3 KB, 332 views)

Audio is under Construction Kenwood KDC-X794
Hifonics Zeus ZXI6.5C 6.5-Inch 2-Way Component Speaker System - AUTOTEK ATX65CX 6.5-Inch
Hifonics BXi 1210D - Crunch PowerZone P1400.4
(2)12 inch Kicker CVR's - 0 gauge from battery to Distribution block - 4 Gauge Power/Grounds to amps - Duralast Yellow Top - Big 3
_S7V7N_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 11:59 AM   #3
Nodrog

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Send a message via AIM to Nodrog
Excellent, thanks so much S7v7n! Yes, there is an orange wire unattached on the Metra harness, and I was hoping that was the one. Very nice graphical layout there. Everything matched up except an orange wire and this pink 'Illumnation' wire and an orange 'backup camera input trigger' wire...I figured the Metra harness probably didn't have backup camera wires on it, but didn't want to assume pink-to-orange either.
>>First two should match up perfect, the other is the actual factory harness color.
I have not looked at the factory harness yet, but I take this to mean the colors on the Metra harness will not match the colors on the Toyota harness when it is plugged in, since the Metra harness is meant to make the aftermarket radio easier to hook up, right?
Anyway, I am now ready to install today, yay!
Old 01-29-2011, 11:16 PM   #4
_S7V7N_

Drives: Yaris 4 Door Sedan
Send a message via Yahoo to _S7V7N_
All them graphs are on http://www.the12volt.com/. I've just done a ton of research over the years and have found some pretty helpful sites. Glad you got the unit installed, if you need any other help feel free to ask.

Audio is under Construction Kenwood KDC-X794
Hifonics Zeus ZXI6.5C 6.5-Inch 2-Way Component Speaker System - AUTOTEK ATX65CX 6.5-Inch
Hifonics BXi 1210D - Crunch PowerZone P1400.4
(2)12 inch Kicker CVR's - 0 gauge from battery to Distribution block - 4 Gauge Power/Grounds to amps - Duralast Yellow Top - Big 3
_S7V7N_ is offline   Reply With Quote