Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-12-2011, 08:24 PM   #1
LA Yaris
Yaris323

Drives: 09 Sedan Yaris 06 Ford Mustang
What is Better ?

UltraGauge or ScanGauge II ??

I am looking in to buying a Gauge System soon just not sure which on to go with. Please Help need some input.
LA Yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 11:22 PM   #2
severous01

Drives: 2008 yaris, stripped, red
they're the same, just get one and be happy with it
severous01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 12:12 AM   #3
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Drives: C300 / Del Sol
Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
Most people have ScanGuageII I would buy it
JumpmanYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 07:39 AM   #4
rick996

Drives: 2010 5 door hatch w/5 sp man.
I've had the ScanGuageII for about 3 years. I like it and have had no problems with it. That being said, it's $170 and the Ultraguage is on sale for $60.

rick996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 03:54 PM   #5
Chuck G

Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan
How's the SG II as far as battery drain?
I'd like to get one, but my car sits for sometimes 2 weeks in a row.
Will I have issues?
Chuck G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 04:14 PM   #6
rick996

No drain when it's off and it shuts down automatically after a few seconds when you turn the engine off.

Old 04-13-2011, 04:29 PM   #7
Shinare
Bronze bombshell yaris

Drives: 09 Yaris HB 3door
I have an UltraGauge and think its good. Since it only updates the screen info once every second its not useful for a precise tachometer but everything else it does is very useful. I'm very happy with it and its a lot cheaper than the SG2.

I wish the Yaris had a fuel level sender in it so it would show actual amount of fuel in tank rather than a best guess based on consumption and then having to manually set it to a full tank when I fill up. I also wish the Yaris had an outside air temp sensor as well so that would display on the ultragauge. Not the fault of the UltraGauge, but still... two nice things the ultragauge does that do not work with the yaris.
Now I drive a CARMINE RED METALLIC 09 Yaris 3-door!! I'm Back!!! WooHoo!! Mods done so far: Tinted windows, Viper 211HV Remote Keyless Entry, Atoto Android headunit, backup camera, steering wheel controls

Before it was totaled I drove a 2007 Black Sand Pearl 3 Door Lift-Back M/T with 49k miles. Stock Everything except for black tint, all red badges, red dash, and stealth garage door opener. Ultra-Gauge mounted on steering wheel. A1 Electric MES Central Locks and Avital 3100 Alarm system.
Shinare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 05:16 PM   #8
rick996

I was just playing around with my SGII adding gauges. Here are the gauges I added and the results:

FLV (Fuel Level) Is supposed to be % of tank left. Gets no reading at all so the UltraGauge makes no difference. I really would have liked that one.

HPR (Instantaneous Horsepower) works. Shows about 8 HP at idle. I'll check it out when I'm actually driving to see if it gives me useful info.

ERT (Engine Run Time) Shows time in minutes since you started the engine. Kind of useless. I was hoping it would show lifetime run time.

AIR (Ambient Air Temp) Works well. Showed 46 degrees F and that's what it is outside. FIA (Intake-Air-Temperature) which is a standard gauge showed a much higher temp as I was not moving.

PSI (Barometric Pressure) Shows pressure in PSI and I am used to inHG (inches of mercury) which is standard with barometers. Showed 14.2 PSI which is 28.91 in/Hg so you are close if you double it.

Old 04-14-2011, 10:46 AM   #9
Shinare
Bronze bombshell yaris

Drives: 09 Yaris HB 3door
Your 2010 must have an ambient air temp sensor that the 2007 doesn't. :( *jealous*
Now I drive a CARMINE RED METALLIC 09 Yaris 3-door!! I'm Back!!! WooHoo!! Mods done so far: Tinted windows, Viper 211HV Remote Keyless Entry, Atoto Android headunit, backup camera, steering wheel controls

Before it was totaled I drove a 2007 Black Sand Pearl 3 Door Lift-Back M/T with 49k miles. Stock Everything except for black tint, all red badges, red dash, and stealth garage door opener. Ultra-Gauge mounted on steering wheel. A1 Electric MES Central Locks and Avital 3100 Alarm system.
Shinare is offline   Reply With Quote