|
my dad has a 2006 corolla that he bought brand new for a tick over $14,000. it seats five and still gets close to 40mpg. not sure about the power but it is more than the yaris or IQ.
I would say for the money that is a much better option than the IQ. I would think it would be a much better deal if the car ran about 12K or came with the diesel option to boost mileage even better.
I would have a heck of a time justifying putting a turbo on a car that small. that is a lot of money for a little amount of hp for that car. I would also think the aftermarket for that car wouldn't really be that strong as it is a very basic car. kind of like trying to find a turbo or supercharger for the geo metro's 3 cylinder.
I was just all around disappointed. I think the price is probably fine for the options that you get but why won't they sell a bare bones model with a regular stick shift and none of the power stuff? that is where the market is for me. give me the econo-box that has nothing (still gotta have the A/C) and if you can get the price down to around 10-12k then you have the market nailed. that will get the cars out there.
__________________
Be the change you wish to see in the world -Mahatma Gandhi-
|