![]() |
|
|
|
#91 | |
|
Roar?
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#92 |
|
Roar?
|
if they have mobil there then just use mobil 1 synthetic or if you wanna go the extra length just go onto amsoils website and order it
|
|
|
|
|
|
#93 |
|
Banned
Drives: Black Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: da 3*0*5*
Posts: 17
|
So is amsoil the best syntheic oil for our car then?
|
|
|
|
|
|
#94 |
|
Who said Yaris was slow?
|
As far as i have read in diferent websites, Amsoil is the bes syn Oil out there. Including for our cars.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#95 |
![]() Drives: White 2007 2 Door hatch Yaris Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Rowland Heights, CA
Posts: 22
|
I don't know man... I like the purple stuff (Royal Purple) but I guess it's because Royal Purple burns clean therefore works well in rotaries, man I miss my rotary. But looking at Amsoil, and 35,000 mile oil changes, it is quite tempting.
I've also heard of this oil called Schaffer's oil (Not sure if I spelled it correctly) you guys might want to look it up. Basically, there are metal molecules in the oil and it pretty much helps seal the oil by filling the tiny gaps in the part of the block that the cylinders are moving up and down (Sorry for my lack of correct terminolgy, I'm from rotory world) therefore better preventing blowback (When exaust gasses go past the oil rings and into the oil). You must see the diagram to fully comprehend this illustration. I personally am quite suspicious because of the metal molecules in the oil but perhaps one of you may be bold enough use it in your yaris. If so PLEASE testify of the products effectiveness. Thanks -Josh |
|
|
|
|
|
#96 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Quote:
Those types of oils / additives I think are made more for engines high mileage, loose rings and worn cylinders to increase compression etc. as far as 35000 mile oil changes... that cant be serious is it? Ill never change my oil on that schedule. Just put mobile 1 synthetic in this afternoon and noticed the engine runs smoother, hopefully thats not just a placebo effect of trying an expensive oil.
__________________
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2336679 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#97 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2008 Yaris LB Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: PA
Posts: 899
|
Amsoil is great and all but no api/starburst which means not kosher for warranty.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#98 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2008 Yaris LB Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: PA
Posts: 899
|
Holy old thread, batman! My noobness says sorry..
|
|
|
|
|
|
#99 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: LB-Auto-PWR-ABS-Cruise-Springs Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 1,065
|
Hey everyone. I still have my 07 Yaris. I've been using synthetic Mobil-1 and my last few have been with Valvoline Synthetic. My Yaris still runs perfectly. Almost 65K miles. Zero engine problems. Valvoline Synthetic with Napa Gold Oil Filters are a match made in heaven! I've been using 5W-20 or 5W-30. I just did a trip with my wife and 2 kids from Richmond, Va to Morristown, NJ and got 39MPG. We had the air conditioning going the whole time. Not bad at all.
__________________
Other car is a 2005 Mustang Convertible 4.0L V6 Manual - Legend Lime Get YarAss in gear! RIP - Casey Tatum |
|
|
|
|
|
#100 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: LB-Auto-PWR-ABS-Cruise-Springs Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 1,065
|
That was a long time ago... weird and funny at the same time. My 2 posts are still on the same page. Kinda like a little time capsule! hehe
__________________
Other car is a 2005 Mustang Convertible 4.0L V6 Manual - Legend Lime Get YarAss in gear! RIP - Casey Tatum |
|
|
|
|
|
#101 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: LB-Auto-PWR-ABS-Cruise-Springs Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 1,065
|
Quote:
__________________
Other car is a 2005 Mustang Convertible 4.0L V6 Manual - Legend Lime Get YarAss in gear! RIP - Casey Tatum |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#102 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2008 Yaris LB Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: PA
Posts: 899
|
Nippon ENEOS is all that goes in my engine, FWIW.
Just my .02 on an old thread:D |
|
|
|
|
|
#103 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 08 Yaris sedan auto / Fit auto Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: northeast
Posts: 2,894
|
Both are very good oils as is SHELL Full Synthetic 5w-20 . All are from the same company . No bad choices , just which one is least expensive .
|
|
|
|
|
|
#104 |
![]() Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bowling Green, OH
Posts: 6
|
I recently started a new job as a courier. I drive about 10,000 miles a month. I'm getting my oil changed every two weeks. I want to make the switch to synthetic. I'm thinking of going with Amsoil SAE 0W-30 Signature Series. According to the manufacturer, I can go 25,000 miles on each oil change. Does anyone have any input on this? Anyone else travel high miles like me? If so, what do you use? When I make make the switch, should I do a flush? I have just a little over 50,000 miles on my 2010 Yaris.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#105 |
![]() ![]() Drives: 2008 toyota yaris Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: OHIO
Posts: 55
|
my castrol edge full synth has been awesome.... i wouldn't change for anything. For that matter what ever you choose to use just stick with it. The hardest thing on a engine is switching wieghts of oil and brands often
__________________
08 toyota yaris with some big tires lol 02 chevy duramax that runs 11.63 at 116 mph in the 1/4 mile
|
|
|
|
|
|
#106 |
![]() ![]() Drives: 2007 Yaris HB Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 83
|
Amsoil is a perfectly fine choice. If it were me, I'd run out to 7 or 8 thousand miles and then pay for an oil analysis test. That's the only way you can be sure that the oil is holding up well in your particular application.
Another thing to consider is that Amsoil says the oil will hold up for 25,000 miles, but the oil filter they spec for the 1NZFE is only rated for 15,000 miles. |
|
|
|
|
|
#107 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 08 Yaris sedan auto / Fit auto Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: northeast
Posts: 2,894
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#108 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 08 Yaris sedan auto / Fit auto Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: northeast
Posts: 2,894
|
The TOYOTA synthetics are a good oil that can be bought for under $6 a quart . A value for a 7,500 > 10,000 mile interval .
|
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| LB M/T options | Howard2621 | New YARIS Purchase Forum | 1 | 09-22-2006 10:37 PM |