Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-04-2011, 07:08 PM   #1
Yaris17

Drives: Yaris
Yet another purchase question..

So, after reading everyone's response to a potential buy on a wrecked yarîs I continued my search.
I came across a 2008 Toyota yaris hb blue with 86,000 miles all weather package cruise side air bags automatic transmission from a middle aged couple that purchased it new from a local Toyota dealership.
The man is a pilot and certified engineer. The miles on the car are mostly highly driving for his job. Always had synthetic oil since new. Has new tires and drives good.
Issue: the air conditioner "fell out" according to him while he was driving. They have extended 100k bumper to bumper warranty. Shop bill was 1,700 to replace ac. Was covered under warranty. Is this normal? Should an ac quit or fall out like that?
The couple seemed really nice and said they would take 8,500. Does this sound reasonable? Should I be concerned buying a car with 86,000 miles that's only 3 years old?
They also said that would pay and have the 90,000 mile service done at Toyota before I got the car if I was interested.
Yaris17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 08:40 PM   #2
Altitude

Drives: '08 LB MT Bayou
Never heard of any AC unit in any car just falling out...
Altitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 12:55 PM   #3
daf62757
Nothing beats a Toyota!

Drives: 2013 Yaris 5 dr liftback
Yea...I would question the owner if the term falling out is lingo for failing. Pilots and Engineers are famous for their bastardization of the English language.

But as for the AC issue, if they repaired it, you have a new AC unit. IMO, you would be safe it getting this car. The mileage isn't an issue as you still have about 150K+ to go before the end of life. And that is a very conservative number.

Back in 1983 I had a Toyota Tercell that had an AC go out. Cost a fortune to fix as the warranty from one Toyota region wasn't honored by another. But I think the AC problems have been solved and the Toyota A/C units are very good now.

Synthetic Oil....its in my car.....for at least 10,000 miles!

daf62757 is offline   Reply With Quote