Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-19-2007, 03:39 AM   #1
greekgeek
How's it going?

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Auxiliary (AUX) Harnesses for Stock Head Unit

Alright... here we go. I just installed Sirius Satellite in my 3-Door LB, and it looks great. Most of what I was looking to do got accomplished, i.e. hiding wires, making it look decent etc.

My problem lies in the audio quality. I used an FM modulator, but was hoping to use a regular stereo connection (3.5mm) so I could use my "AUX" button for satellite. It turns out that the OEM stereo doesn't have one of these. It has an actual wire harness that connects to the "AUX" port in the center console.

Now... tonight I've been researching some harnesses that might allow me to connect the Sirius unit directly to the back of the head unit without an FM modulator, and without sparing any sound quality.

The companies are:
Precision Interface Electronics - www.pie.net
Peripheral Electronics - http://www.peripheralelectronics.com

Does anybody have any feedback about these? There is a lot of mention on their sites about head units with/without CD changers, and it plays with the application of the specific harnesses. I just need to know if anyone has ever delt with one of these companies? I could really use some advice.

Thanks!
greekgeek

Also, thanks to gravylegs for the center panel removal photo tutorial and to H8SGAS for some info on taking out the A pillar. This info really made my Sirius Satellite install quick and easy.

Last edited by greekgeek; 03-19-2007 at 04:10 AM. Reason: Giving creds at the end of the post
greekgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 07:35 AM   #2
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro
do you use your AUX port in the center console? if not you can get a new plug and hide that AUX port somewhere behind the radio so you can use it with the Sat
Black Yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 11:16 AM   #3
greekgeek
How's it going?

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Mmm hmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Yaris View Post
do you use your AUX port in the center console? if not you can get a new plug and hide that AUX port somewhere behind the radio so you can use it with the Sat
I use it every once in a while for my MP3s, but my problem is the connection to the AUX port behind the head unit. I think it's a 12-pin connector that runs and ends up in the center console as a female 3.5mm adapter. I bought a Y-adapter thinking I could just split the connection, but I was wrong.

Thanks for getting back to me.
greekgeek is offline   Reply With Quote