Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-22-2012, 06:22 PM   #1
centrysis

Drives: '08 Yaris LB
Which HU brand?

I'm looking at replacing my pioneer HU in my 08 HB. This ones going out after only 3 years. Which brand is better these days? Ive been looking at kenwood,pioneer, and jvc. Alpine is too expesive for the features you get. single or double din doesnt matter. I need sound quality and control of it like eq, hi and lo pass filters. Preferably 6 preouts for my two amps, 4 volt at least. I dont need navigation or HD radio but BT would be nice. A few I have looked at.
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_113KDCX...=T#details-tab http://www.crutchfield.com/p_130P940...84#details-tabhttp://www.crutchfield.com/p_105KWR9...84#details-tab
centrysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 10:55 PM   #2
centrysis

Anyone? Any ideas?
Old 04-24-2012, 11:07 PM   #3
_S7V7N_

Drives: Yaris 4 Door Sedan
Send a message via Yahoo to _S7V7N_
Budget ?
Sub amp ?
4 channel ?
Replacing door speakers ?
Do you have any work done so far ?

We see the features you're looking for but fill in the rest of the blanks.

Also do you want to order online or Best Buy for extended warranty purposes.

I switch decks about every 6 months to a year so yours lasting 3 years is a lifetime.

Audio is under Construction Kenwood KDC-X794
Hifonics Zeus ZXI6.5C 6.5-Inch 2-Way Component Speaker System - AUTOTEK ATX65CX 6.5-Inch
Hifonics BXi 1210D - Crunch PowerZone P1400.4
(2)12 inch Kicker CVR's - 0 gauge from battery to Distribution block - 4 Gauge Power/Grounds to amps - Duralast Yellow Top - Big 3
_S7V7N_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 11:35 PM   #4
packetrace

Drives: Yaris Sedan 2009
go with de Pioneer DEH-80PRS!!!

you can get it for 289$ HERE

It has 6 preout...LOW, MID and HIGH when low and highpass filter inside...EQ and time alignement...!! The best feature for the best price...I juste ordered one...!!
Exterior:RTX scorpion painted GOLD, side and rear visor, oem spoiler, MI mesh grill, Hella supertone horn, RS badge, Vios badge, CF pillar, Led mirror cover, fog light HID 3000k, Projector retrofit HID 8000K
Performance :MI CrankPulley, Tein springs, UR and TRD bar, TURBO IN PROGRESS
Audio : Pionner DEH-80PRS, HAT L1V2, PowerBass 1100.5X 5 channel amp
packetrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:35 PM   #5
centrysis

I'm trying to stay around $200-$250. I have almost everything in the car set up. I have polk components in front and back running off a 4 channel JBL. I have one 15" type R, ported, running off a 900 rms Kenwood amp. I have the back end of the car deadened but still have to do the front half and doors. I'll order wherever is cheapest that I can trust. I'll do all the installations myself. This is the first Pioneer that didn't last at least seven years. I did look at the 80PRS, but that's a little too complicated for me. I would never figure out everything on it.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:18 PM   #6
packetrace

Drives: Yaris Sedan 2009
There is auto time alignement and auto EQ...and you set the frequelncy easily..I can show you pics and instructions when I do it. :)
Exterior:RTX scorpion painted GOLD, side and rear visor, oem spoiler, MI mesh grill, Hella supertone horn, RS badge, Vios badge, CF pillar, Led mirror cover, fog light HID 3000k, Projector retrofit HID 8000K
Performance :MI CrankPulley, Tein springs, UR and TRD bar, TURBO IN PROGRESS
Audio : Pionner DEH-80PRS, HAT L1V2, PowerBass 1100.5X 5 channel amp
packetrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:59 PM   #7
_S7V7N_

Drives: Yaris 4 Door Sedan
Send a message via Yahoo to _S7V7N_
Go by best buy and see if they have the Pionneer DEH-P8400BH on display. It looks like a decent unit. Check out the Eq and Crossover.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-TgVh933...H-P8400BH.html

He doesn't go through all the crossover selection and controls but a decent review overall.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qopbVSea-cw

Audio is under Construction Kenwood KDC-X794
Hifonics Zeus ZXI6.5C 6.5-Inch 2-Way Component Speaker System - AUTOTEK ATX65CX 6.5-Inch
Hifonics BXi 1210D - Crunch PowerZone P1400.4
(2)12 inch Kicker CVR's - 0 gauge from battery to Distribution block - 4 Gauge Power/Grounds to amps - Duralast Yellow Top - Big 3
_S7V7N_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 03:34 AM   #8
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
Some of the JVC decks are nice operationally.

If I had to do everything all over again, I'd prolly keep my Pioneer that I'm using now simply for the USB features. If I was after a simple CD transport, I'd use an older Alpine 7909. But both are more than $250.

Aside from speakers, the source is a tremendously important link in the signal chain...it's the Alpha to the speaker's Omega.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:54 PM   #9
centrysis

Well I looked at the 80 prs again and maybe that is a possibility. Just a little more time involved getting everything adjusted. The pioneer 8400 I like also but the downside is that the highest frequency you can boost is 8000 hz. I like my highs. The receiver I have now goes up to 12000 hz. I checked out a couple jvc's too but didn't have enough time to look at them enough. So the search cotinues.