Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-04-2007, 09:30 AM   #8
barryware
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Chicago
Posts: 129
I switched to synthetic at my 1st oil change (3500 Miles). I used the Mobile One "extended Service" which is supposed to be fully synthetic.

Next oil change, I think I will either use the cheaper Mobile One or go back to regular oil.

I can't get past the thought of changing my oil often so it is just costing me money for the more expensive oil.

I have always changed my oil every 2500 miles. If it went to 3000, that was OK. Kinda depended what the mileage was when the weekend hit.

The oil I have in the car now is supposed to be good for 18000 miles (says so on the bottle ). I have 4000 miles on the oil give or take and I feel the need to change it.

Maybe I need therapy
barryware is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
best synthetic oil and m/t oil?? doodoo DIY / Maintenance / Service 122 04-03-2017 08:43 PM
Synthetic oil MPG boost since change Yaris Dick General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 29 09-15-2007 08:15 PM
Oil Question 91drggndime DIY / Maintenance / Service 7 03-23-2007 06:52 PM
When to switch to synthetic oil? jay DIY / Maintenance / Service 65 02-15-2007 08:44 PM
Motor oil debate - interesting info but a long read. mikeukrainetz General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 6 12-10-2006 08:16 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:49 AM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.