Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-22-2013, 12:16 PM   #26
Altitude
 
Altitude's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 LB MT Bayou
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,671
Is there no chance the person that will be purchasing your car would be willing to make the trip with you and drive it back?

I will agree that Colorado is a bit of a strange market for autos. Seems that if you aren't purchasing a truck/SUV/van that choices are more limited than other markets.

When I bought my Yaris in 2008 I had specific wants that couldn't be met without a custom order as well. So I sat down with the dealer to review the inventories at all other dealers in the State. I ended up having to compromise on features/color but we did manage to find something in Denver and the dealer made a trade with that dealer to get it for me.

It's a shame really. The salesman did explain that the options available are determined at the market level, not by the dealer, and are based on some mystical knowledge of what sells in a given market. A bit of a cart-leading-the-horse scenario if you ask me.

In the end I did get a Yaris HB Manual which were the minimum requirements I was willing to accept. I had wanted either black or silver but ended up with Bayou Blue. A color that I came to appreciate in the end. To round it out I purchased most of the "extras" online and installed them myself.

I see a lot more Fits in the Springs than Yarii so it probably does have a lot more to do with manufacturers setting availability. Shame that Toyota believes that Colorado isn't a market for small econo cars.

Here's hoping it all works out for you in the end!
Altitude is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Tags
delay, fit, port, vin


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Consumer Reports not too pleased with Yaris Befuddled General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 132 02-28-2011 02:57 PM
Another rear spring option! Honda Fit springs!! kngrsll Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack 29 10-23-2009 05:02 PM
Test drove Rio5, Fit, and Yaris all today kmf123kmf New YARIS Purchase Forum 16 10-02-2009 07:48 PM
I test drove a Yaris, Versa and FIT CanadaCraig New YARIS Purchase Forum 41 11-29-2008 09:18 PM
Test drove: Yaris sedan 5spd, Fit base auto, Civic LX 2dr 5spd Bounty Hunter General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 7 07-11-2007 07:40 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:37 PM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.