![]() |
|
|
|
#19 |
|
My Yaris is a "racecar"
Drives: 2007 Yaris hatchback Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Machesney Park, IL
Posts: 545
|
I do have an Elantra! The rear suspension is defective on pretty much all of them. A specialty shop was able to fix the rear alignment and it drives world's better now. Not technically adjustable by Hyundai's specifications.
I tell you something, I will never ever buy one again. 3rd Gen yaris for life.
__________________
-Karl the Uber/Lyft Driver |
|
|
|
|
|
#20 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
both junk in the long run
|
|
|
|
|
|
#21 |
|
Takes corners too fast!
Drives: Absolute Red 2009 Yaris HB Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Columbia, SC
Posts: 830
|
as someone that has been in the mechanic field, i will never buy a KIA or Hyundai, i have had people trade them in with less than 5k miles and they where already burning oil. they never last to their 100k mark, and if you get a used one from the dealer it would only have the 30k warranty. They have progressed to be better but they have only improved their style and interiors the most their Direct injection engine is a good step forward but it still has its issues.
__________________
mods:15''Drag DR21 w/Nitto NeoGen 205/50R15, Tanabe DF210 lowering springs 1.6/1.8, TRD Rear Sway Bar, Tanabe Front Sway Bar, Micro Image Short Throw Shift Kit (both in and under), 8.64lbs flywheel, F1 Stage 4 Clutch, AEM Cold Air Intake (Red), Megan Racing Header, DC Sports Axle Back Exhaust, Micro Image Crank Pulley, NST lite Alternator Pulley, ARP Manifold Stud Kit,Tanabe Front Strut Tower Brace, ScanGuage II, Micro Image Silicone Radiator Hose Kit (Red), NRG Carbon Fiber Shift Knob (round), 2009-2011 Toyota Yaris Liftback Foglight kit, NRG Grounding Kit (Red), Hella Horns(Red),CF Hood |
|
|
|
|
|
#22 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Quote:
Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#23 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: toyota yaris yrs Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sydney
Posts: 642
|
OMG!
I hired a Hyundai I30 in mint condition. It's smooth and comfortable car perfect for a daily driving. I see why people who buy these new Hyundai's and Kia love them. I had the latest model I30, nice looking car and it's lovely to drive. Not fun but good enough. Come on Toyota fan boys you need to wake up. Hyundai and KIA are closing in on the top 3 Japanese makers.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#24 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Quote:
If u like to burn money go right ahead I will pass cos nothing but problems . Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#25 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2006 Yaris RS 3-Door Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: YYZ
Posts: 329
|
Quote:
But driving a rental car proves nothing, as far as long term ownership goes. Rental cars are always less than 6 month old, nice and shiny, and too new to show problems. So I prefer to listen to what the professional mechanics tell me, based on the cars they service and fix every day. Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#26 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2006 Yaris RS 3-Door Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: YYZ
Posts: 329
|
Quote:
But driving a rental car proves nothing, as far as long term ownership goes. Rental cars are always less than 6 month old, nice and shiny, and too new to show problems. So I prefer to listen to what the professional mechanics tell me, based on the cars they service and fix every day. Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#27 | |||
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Quote:
![]() Quote:
Quote:
![]() As someone who's owned Toyota, Honda and was recently shopping Ford and Mazda, I honestly wouldn't call myself a Toyota fanboy. If anything, I've always criticized Toyota for having a bit of yawn factor compared to others. As I said before, for me, it's more about tactile feel and drive experience. They literally feel sub-par in every way to me. Pile on what actual tech's are saying and it's not a good look. |
|||
|
|
|
|
|
#28 |
![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2006 Yaris RS 3-Door Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: YYZ
Posts: 329
|
I think we have enough actual techs on this forum, plus I know a couple of master mechanics who tell me the same thing. There may be a bit of a yawn factor, but they're as reliable as hell. I only used to drive high end European cars until recently, and the whole Toyota thing came as quite an eye opener to me, as I'd always looked down on Japanese cars. Now I won't drive anything else.
One of my previous cars was a BMW Z1 roadster (look it up). The Yaris with tweaks has been the most fun to drive I've had since. So maybe not such a huge yawn factor after all. Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk |
|
|
|
|
|
#29 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Quote:
I'm familiar with the Z1. It may not be huge yawn factor in your experience, but when stacked up next to Honda, Nissan and Mazda, Toyota is definitely the sleepiest of the bunch. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#30 |
|
Super Moderator
Drives: 2014 White VITZ Join Date: May 2007
Location: Huntington Bch, CA
Posts: 4,936
|
I guess the "yawn factor" is something I'm in search of when shopping for a car. I'm simply looking for good, reliable, transportation that only requires inexpensive routine maintenance and almost no repairs.
I'm completely satisfied with the "antiquated" 1.5L and 4-speed automatic transmission in my Yaris. I don't want/need any "tech" features whatsoever; power windows, mirrors, and locks are the extent of my "luxury" needs. For exterior design, I prefer conservative, tight, flowing lines, not some radical Yugio inspired design with curves and angles... and fake vents, etc. that make no sense whatsoever. |
|
|
|
|
|
#31 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Quote:
Just saying that when it comes to performance inspired driving experience, Toyota is looking about ready for a nap lol. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#32 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Coincidentally and quite timely, Inside Lane posted a link to their static review of the new Kia Stinger GT on Wheelwell.com.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQD2...ature=youtu.be |
|
|
|
|
|
#33 | ||
![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2006 Yaris RS 3-Door Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: YYZ
Posts: 329
|
Quote:
My wife drives a Camry, and its a great comfortable and refined family car, but with zero coolness factor. The Yaris, indeed lacks sophistication, but is huge fun because of its lightweight go-kart feel. With only minor tweaks to the engine and suspension it becomes a fantastic little sports car that's simply a pleasure to drive. Who cares if it's unsophisticated. That's a lot of its attraction, in addition to its many other good points, and I'm now on my second one. Quote:
Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk |
||
|
|
|
|
|
#34 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: toyota yaris yrs Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sydney
Posts: 642
|
Quote:
The Yaris would be nicer if it was quiter, rides in comfort,spacious interior. All the gizmos at a reasonable price backed with 7 year life time unlimited warranty etc. The Hyundai has it beat in everything except driving dynamics. Yaris has a bit of character in a sense that it feels more nimble and agile.But you can hear wind noise, road noise, engine noise. Feel bumps and generally feels fidgety on the road. The I30 feels more refined and stable under all condition. They are working on the driving dynamic the next 130 will have independent suspension all round to address that lack of character.Don't get me wrong the handles well enough it just doesn't give you feed back like a Mazda 3. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#35 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: toyota yaris yrs Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sydney
Posts: 642
|
The Yaris engine has some character as well it feels like a willing unit and eager. The Hyundai is again refined goes about it's business smoothy with no fuss. Yaris is smooth as well but gets rough with you press it. The i30 is a pleasant feel. If Hyundai can make their car fun it will sell like hot cakes.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#36 |
![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2013 NCP130 Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 386
|
Kia are advertising a 7 year warranty on their new vehicles here in Australia. I know one person who bought a Kia because of that. It wil be interesting to see what happens at the end of the warranty period.
My experience with korean built vehicles is "sell it when the warranty expires." there were several instances of not being able to buy a single part, but having to pay for a much more expensive assembly containing the wanted part.
__________________
Running on standard AU 14" steel wheels (14x5 rims, 175/70R14 tyres). Added reversing camera and touch screen radio, cruise control, 16" rear wiper blade, tow bar and dash cam. Last edited by kevinj93; 02-26-2017 at 02:13 AM. |
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| List of wheels that fit Yaris | billfires | Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack | 12 | 03-04-2025 05:46 AM |
| What are your favorite non-Yaris alternatives, and why? | Kalispel | General Yaris / Vitz Discussion | 81 | 09-25-2015 07:44 PM |
| Hyundai and Kia are to pay fines for lying about fuel economy !!! | DanMC | Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions | 8 | 11-06-2012 04:58 PM |
| 2012 Kia Rio | Kal-El | Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions | 21 | 04-30-2011 05:01 PM |