![]() |
|
|
|
#55 |
![]() ![]() Drives: 2010 Blazing Blue 3 Door LB Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: PA
Posts: 70
|
All my stuff with engines I consider interesting or different. I don't like pulling up to a stop light next to the same car as mine. All my cars and scooters are in my signature. I see a few Yaris every week, maybe 1 plasma green Crosstrek hybrid a month, maybe a few Dell del sols a year, have only seen 1 Honda metro on the street, never seen a burgman 400 or agility on the road.
__________________
15' - Crosstrek Hybrid ~ Plasma 10' - Yaris 3 Dr LB ~ The Boom Box 06' - RSX Type S ~ H.S. Dream Car 95' - Delsol VTEC ~ The Racecar 12' - Burgman 400 ~ Garage Queen 09' - Agility 125 ~ 80mpg Daily Rider 09' - Metropolitan ~ Weee 14' - Ecosmart Metro ~ Razor |
|
|
|
|
|
#56 |
![]() Drives: 2015 Yaris hatchback Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: 671
Posts: 13
|
1989 Mitsubishi Montero
1990 Honda Accord 1990 Toyota Corolla And the only car I ever bought brand new... 2006 Infiniti G35 ![]() Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk |
|
|
|
|
|
#57 |
|
Super Moderator
Drives: 2014 White VITZ Join Date: May 2007
Location: Huntington Bch, CA
Posts: 4,936
|
I forgot about this car I used to own: 1967 Rambler American 2-door (exactly like this green one).
Bought this from a friend in Montreal when he was returning to Australia. Drove it for about 1 1/2 years, then sold it when I decided to move to Australia. It was in like-new condition and had a pathetically slow 6 cylinder with an automatic transmission. It had a great looking black and white vinyl interior, a bench seat up front, rubber floor liner, and an am/fm radio. Strangely enough, I actually liked that car. |
|
|
|
|
|
#58 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2007 2-door hatchback Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: USAnotCA
Posts: 750
|
+1
A design from the end of the Behaus (sp?) design era reaction to the tailfin madness of the late fifties. Shortly after this Rambler, fun-with-curves appeared (which AMC wasn't very good at) and ran until park-by-ear bumpers/emissions/economy/downsizing in 72. |
|
|
|
|
|
#59 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2016 SE Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Silicon Valley
Posts: 1,166
|
i like the body color painted wheels with dog dish hub caps
|
|
|
|
|
|
#60 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
+1
|
|
|
|
|
|
#61 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2007 2-door hatchback Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: USAnotCA
Posts: 750
|
Kimona: Did yours have body-colored wheels?
|
|
|
|
|
|
#62 |
|
Super Moderator
Drives: 2014 White VITZ Join Date: May 2007
Location: Huntington Bch, CA
Posts: 4,936
|
Yes, it was identical to the one in the photo; same green exterior colour, same green wheels, hubcaps, and whitewall tyres, too! I always thought it was a very handsome car; in fact, I still do, but many would disagree. |
|
|
|
|
|
#63 |
|
Super Moderator
Drives: 2014 White VITZ Join Date: May 2007
Location: Huntington Bch, CA
Posts: 4,936
|
Original advertising for 1968 Rambler American shows body-coloured wheels, centre caps, and w/w tyres . And, a base price for the 2-door 6-cylinder American of just $2000.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#64 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2009 Base Hatch 2 Dr Auto Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: nj
Posts: 4,783
|
I just bought a 2010 Ford Crown Victoria ex police car with 100,000 miles on it. This guy buys them and fixes them up and sells them. I do a pic but this site won’t let my tablet pictures post
__________________
Synthetic Oil: Its All In Your Head |
|
|
|
|
|
#65 |
![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2012 Yaris L, 2020 Yaris LE HB Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Georgia, U.S.A.
Posts: 211
|
My very first vehicle when I turned 16 in 1979...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DBtmBF5E98 That truck simply would never get stuck with four-wheel drive. However, the 13 MPG sucked ass... |
|
|
|
|
|
#66 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2016 SE Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Silicon Valley
Posts: 1,166
|
Quote:
my first vehicle was a pinto ![]() im a year older than you and got my drivers license on my 16th birthday in 1978 also been with the same insurance company farmers and only the 2nd agent in 40 years |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#67 |
|
Banned
Drives: 2015 Yaris LE 3door 1F7 Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 963
|
my current yaris ive owned now is an interesting vehicle. because it probably will stop being sold making it a survivor car.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#68 |
|
Super Moderator
Drives: 2014 White VITZ Join Date: May 2007
Location: Huntington Bch, CA
Posts: 4,936
|
The Tata Nexon is a neat looking subcompact SUV!
|
|
|
|
|
|
#69 |
![]() ![]() Drives: 05 Echo Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Waterford Ontario
Posts: 131
|
87 Firefly turbo. I still have this one - I set two land speed records in it
![]() 93 Swift GT. Another victim of rust. This was a fast one ![]() This is a fun car but it's just not my thing ![]() I'll look for more pics. I've driven all kinds of interesting stuff. |
|
|
|
|
|
#70 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 06 5dr LE (deceased), 13 Soul Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Georgetown, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 5,827
|
When did you own the Firefly and the Swift? The plate series are far newer than the model years. Far newer.
Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#71 |
![]() ![]() Drives: 05 Echo Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Waterford Ontario
Posts: 131
|
I still have the Firefly, but that pic would have been around 03/04.
The Swift GT pic was about 09/10 and I sold in 2012 or so. |
|
|
|
|
|
#72 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: No longer own a yaris :( Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ashland, VA
Posts: 679
|
Had to lookup the firefly. That's pretty sick.
__________________
I'm a hermit named Lee |
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| Scion of Kirkland Silver Anniversary Car Show (Open to all vehicles) 7/17/13 | PSTOC.org | Northwest | 0 | 07-13-2013 03:12 AM |
| **SAFETY RECALL!! 06-07 YARIS HB & SEDANS** | slvryaris | DIY / Maintenance / Service | 83 | 09-30-2012 12:25 PM |
| 2012 Ford Focus ELECTRIC | Kal-El | Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions | 11 | 02-11-2011 11:34 AM |
| Toyota Temporarily Suspends Sales of Selected Vehicles | redglare45 | Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions | 0 | 01-26-2010 06:33 PM |
| TSB's | WD-40 | General Yaris / Vitz Discussion | 27 | 06-06-2007 01:11 AM |