Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-05-2020, 02:45 AM   #1
hayrider

Drives: Looking
Looking 4 help w/ seatbelt light passenger seat

Hey Guys & Gals,

First of all I signed up here to find someone who could possibly help me keep my better half safe. (Male ego has to drive when his wife is in the vehicle)...I have been searching Toyota forums for a few months off & on for help.

I tried searching here with key words but I couldn’t find anything recently posted.

I was told someone on this website has And Or makes a wiring harness / bypass to be able to install 2017 Toyota 86 seats in your 2015 Toyota.

Again the seats are out of a 2017 Toyota 86 (really nice factory seats) and the vehicle they are going in a 2015 Toyota. I purchased Planted seat brackets to install the seats.

Apparently the Toyota passenger airbag weight sensor is different And Or has changed between these years...

Can ANYONE point me to whom this might be And Or be able tell me where I can purchase this part❓ I will also purchase anyone who can help an adult beverage of their choice.

I sincerely appreciate any help from anyone, sorry I’m at a dead end...

hayrider
hayrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 11:14 AM   #2
Brighton
Knower of little

Drives: None
I don't know about a wiring kit being offered but you might just have to loop the circuit for the seats occupant sensor. As in, connect the wires together on the body harness side so the car always detects a passenger, but then your car might chime constantly for no seat belt (I think.)
Brighton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 04:42 PM   #3
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Hello hayrider - I purchased one of the occupancy sensor bypass modules you're referring to from super user CTScott. I replaced my factory seats for a set of sparco's and wanted an elegant solution for the passenger airbag/seatbelt situation.

The bypass module comes with a switch that you can install on a dead panel. The switch allows you to turn the passenger airbag and seatbelt on when someone is riding in the passenger seat and off when empty. It's a fantastic little device that works with many different Toyotas due to Toyota using the same SRS module in a variety of models.

As a first step, I'd reach out to CTScott with a private message here on the forum, as you might be able to score one from him shipped for less than the vendors he provides them to online. He's super busy, as you would imagine for someone so talented, so if that doesn't get you anywhere, you can purchase the module at retail price here.

Hope it helps and make sure to follow-up with pics of those new seats once you get them in.

Edit: I looked closer at the website I linked you to and unfortunately, it says they are not accepting new orders for that item and aren't sure when it will be back in stock, if at all. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you being able to get in touch with CTScott about purchasing one directly from him.

On Wheelwell
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 04:31 PM   #4
hayrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ern-diz View Post
Hello hayrider - I purchased one of the occupancy sensor bypass modules you're referring to from super user CTScott. I replaced my factory seats for a set of sparco's and wanted an elegant solution for the passenger airbag/seatbelt situation.

The bypass module comes with a switch that you can install on a dead panel. The switch allows you to turn the passenger airbag and seatbelt on when someone is riding in the passenger seat and off when empty. It's a fantastic little device that works with many different Toyotas due to Toyota using the same SRS module in a variety of models.

As a first step, I'd reach out to CTScott with a private message here on the forum, as you might be able to score one from him shipped for less than the vendors he provides them to online. He's super busy, as you would imagine for someone so talented, so if that doesn't get you anywhere, you can purchase the module at retail price here.

Hope it helps and make sure to follow-up with pics of those new seats once you get them in.

Edit: I looked closer at the website I linked you to and unfortunately, it says they are not accepting new orders for that item and aren't sure when it will be back in stock, if at all. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you being able to get in touch with CTScott about purchasing one directly from him.
First and foremost Thanks guys!

2nd. For some reason I’m not getting notifications from here, is there something I can do to get notifications? Newbie here...

3rd. Thanks for the link and yes I see where the 4x4 shop isn’t taking orders.

4th. Makes me nervous about contacting someone I don’t know but more importantly how’s or what is Mr. CTScott going to think about someone (Newbie) he doesn’t really know contacting him?... Hopefully he will help me out.
We also have a 07 Mazda MX-5 that I’ve tried many suspension mods on/tried different setups and then post my opinion on. I purchased a professional spring compressor and now do some side work for anyone willing to bring me their car.
I don’t know anything about Yaris suspension but I’m guessing they have front McPherson strut? If so anyone wanting to bring their strut’s or coilover’s over can use the spring compressor. It’s just mounted to the wall in the garage collecting dust. Just an offer to help you guys out being you all are helping me.

Hayrider
Old 06-10-2020, 05:04 PM   #5
ern-diz

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayrider View Post
4th. Makes me nervous about contacting someone I don’t know but more importantly how’s or what is Mr. CTScott going to think about someone (Newbie) he doesn’t really know contacting him?... Hopefully he will help me out.
I don't think it would be a problem because it's a direct message here on the forum; you're not contacting him at his home number during dinner

That being said, just about an hour ago, he posted a reply in a thread he started in the for sale section about some leftover Yaris parts he's selling. Maybe you'll feel more comfortable dropping a post there asking if he still has any of the bypass modules?

On Wheelwell
Old 06-10-2020, 05:08 PM   #6
hayrider

Quote:
I don't think it would be a problem because it's a direct message here on the forum; you're not contacting him at his home number during dinner

That being said, just about an hour ago, he posted a reply in a thread he started in the for sale section about some leftover Yaris parts he's selling. Maybe you'll feel more comfortable dropping a post there asking if he still has any of the bypass modules?
Thanks for the info it’s greatly appreciated.
I did send him a PM...

Hayrider
Old 06-10-2020, 11:58 PM   #7
hayrider

Well anyone else know how to bypass the passenger airbag weight sensor system? I would appreciate and gladly pay for the information or instructions!
Mr. Scott said he didn’t have the time anymore...
Sadly we sold the stock seats now we are stuck with the Toyota 86 / FRS / BRZ seats.
If anyone has this part and is interested in selling it please PM/DM me.

Thanks to all,
Hayrider
Old 06-11-2020, 06:44 PM   #8
ern-diz

Aww, sorry to hear that. I wouldn't call it stuck because they are some beautiful seats compared to the stock seats. I have a set of stock seats without sensors I'd be willing to let go of, if you really wanted to go that route. Dirty solution that wouldn't enable the airbag for safety is to remove the bulb on that light!

On Wheelwell
Old 06-22-2020, 07:30 PM   #9
hayrider

Quote:
Aww, sorry to hear that. I wouldn't call it stuck because they are some beautiful seats compared to the stock seats. I have a set of stock seats without sensors I'd be willing to let go of, if you really wanted to go that route. Dirty solution that wouldn't enable the airbag for safety is to remove the bulb on that light!
Hmmm...
Now I don’t know if this is true but I just read if the dash airbag light is on the complete system will not work⁉️

*Edit* I finally got in contact with a retired Toyota engineer. He confirmed that if the airbag light is on the Complete System Will NOT Work❗️

He then explain why but, his explanation got way over this dumb $h!ts head.

Last edited by hayrider; 06-22-2020 at 09:05 PM.
Old 07-01-2020, 05:59 PM   #10
ern-diz

Quote:
Hmmm...
Now I don’t know if this is true but I just read if the dash airbag light is on the complete system will not work⁉️

*Edit* I finally got in contact with a retired Toyota engineer. He confirmed that if the airbag light is on the Complete System Will NOT Work❗️

He then explain why but, his explanation got way over this dumb $h!ts head.
Yeah, I think that's how it goes. Really unfortunate that CT isn't making and selling the bypass modules anymore. I believe I've seen similar units on eBay, but just not sure I'd trust them from a performance and reliability perspective the way I trust CT's

On Wheelwell
Old 07-04-2020, 10:14 PM   #11
hayrider

Quote:
Yeah, I think that's how it goes. Really unfortunate that CT isn't making and selling the bypass modules anymore. I believe I've seen similar units on eBay, but just not sure I'd trust them from a performance and reliability perspective the way I trust CT's
I think I found away to make it work?
I was told to pull the passenger airbag weight sensor from the stock seats and see if it will fit in the 86 seats after I remove the system from the 86 seats.
Sadly I don’t think CT is selling his anymore because he doesn’t want to be SUED! I can’t see why he wouldn’t have time especially after the amount of cash I offered to pay him! Sad he’s worried about shit like that! But I guess he is worried‼️

Old 07-07-2020, 03:05 PM   #12
ern-diz

Quote:
I think I found away to make it work?
I was told to pull the passenger airbag weight sensor from the stock seats and see if it will fit in the 86 seats after I remove the system from the 86 seats...
I know Toyota used the same module in a variety of models, which is why CT's bypass worked in a number of different Toyota's. If the 86 seats have a weight sensor, the fix you describe just might work. Definitely worth a try. Good luck!

On Wheelwell