Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-04-2023, 08:32 AM   #19
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
Quote:
Originally Posted by youtube.com/KARR View Post
The biggest question I have about the car is why the Jax florida guy who bought it abandoned it!
That would be an interesting story.
Old 02-04-2023, 08:40 AM   #20
youtube.com/KARR

Drives: 2007 garm yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeYari View Post
That would be an interesting story.
I just wrote Gino on FB so will wait to see if he responds.
youtube.com/KARR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 09:19 AM   #21
youtube.com/KARR

Good morning, So I ended up with a car you used to own. Toyota yaris. It was purchased from a storage unit auction. I wanted to just find out some history about it during your time of ownership. I have done a lot of research on the car and its owner prior to you and learned a lot about the car. Just curious why you had abandoned the car.

Quote:
Hey Karr! So it was car a few of my buddies and me used to own a few years ago. We all grew up and ended up going separate ways and it got kind of forgotten. I ended up trading it for something and it never got picked up for like a year 😂. It wasn’t worth the the time and effort to tow it and honestly it needs a fair bit of work that I just don’t have time for. If you have any questions about it I’d be happy to see if I have any answers for you! It’s actually a cool little car hopefully you can get it up and running!
Thanks for writing back dude! Yeah so my dads friend is one of those old guys that goes to those storage auctions. And he saw the car and wrote me about it and i had him bid on it for me and i won. Thats how i got it. Def has set up a while. haha Was there anything wrong with the car that i should worry about? I ordered all new fuel system parts for the car. But I did ge the car to run for about 10 secs just to test

Quote:
So the only issue is everything on that car is everything runs through that ecu and we could never get it to run right. It was running fine and just one day it wouldn’t stay running. I’m sure it has something to do with the ecu. Other than that I don’t remember too much more about it. I wish I had more for you!
Quote:
I’ll dig through my emails and stuff and see if I can find anything helpful for you! It will be a cool project for you.
Old 02-04-2023, 10:35 AM   #22
WeeYari

It's too bad the MicroImage forum died. Garm basically bailed on YW and started the MI forum. That is where the bulk of the history was captured as the build went from radical -> extreme -> sold.
Old 02-04-2023, 11:07 AM   #23
youtube.com/KARR

Quote:
It's too bad the MicroImage forum died. Garm basically bailed on YW and started the MI forum. That is where the bulk of the history was captured as the build went from radical -> extreme -> sold.
Dang hate to hear that! would have been cool to see. Yeah i tried using archive.org for that site and it didnt show me much
Old 02-04-2023, 02:30 PM   #24
youtube.com/KARR

I checked the mileage wtf!

The car only has 44 more miles than when it got delivered to the guy in jax florida.

44 miles!!!

Old mileage

New mileage
Old 02-04-2023, 02:55 PM   #25
WeeYari

OMG WTF!

$7,500 USD to drive 44 miles. Worst investment ever!
Old 02-05-2023, 06:21 AM   #26
youtube.com/KARR

Quote:
OMG WTF!

$7,500 USD to drive 44 miles. Worst investment ever!
I don't even know what to say! Seems they were young guys when they bought the car. And maybe didn't know much about cars at the time maybe didn't wanna damage their investment. And then maybe had falling out based off what he messaged me.

This is just such insane news to me. All day yesterday after I checked it, I was saying to myself 44 fucking miles! Told some of my close car friends as well 44 fucking miles! Just such a insane twist to this car's history.

This just shows you never know whats going to happen to a car after it gets sold.

Gram treated the car to a good life! Then after it was exiled to rot in a storage lot.

I however am even more excited about the car now!
Old 02-06-2023, 07:04 AM   #27
youtube.com/KARR

I found out yesterday that the deka injectors on the car were modified to fit the perrin fuel rail. The injectors have been machined on the bottom tip metal part. As well as machined on the plastic part at the top of the injector.

I bought new injectors identical to the ones they used. So machined them down the same with what tools i had available. I used a belt sander and a dremel worked great.

I also went to install the new black AEM FPR i bought but the ORB fitting orings, that go into it were trashed. So I gotta go find some today from somewhere.
Old 02-07-2023, 07:49 PM   #28
06YarisRS

Drives: 06 2ZR Turbo Yaris RS
Excellent...Following...

2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE (2011 Corolla 1.8L) Swapped, Automatic, T-28 Turbocharged (8 psi), HSD MonoPro Coilovers, DIY W/M Injection, custom 3" cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, TRD rear sway bar, Penguin Garage 13mm spacers (rear), custom Civic front lip, full repaint, Android 6.0 7" touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate speakers, tweeters, NVX underseat subwoofer
https://www.instagram.com/2zr_turbo_yarisrs/
06YarisRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 01:28 AM   #29
sh0rtlife

Drives: 2007 5dr canadian import
napa..they have the books to find you any o-ring...even stuff that is by all rights unobtainable
sh0rtlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 09:56 AM   #30
youtube.com/KARR

Update sorry no pics. I will start taking some.

Got the car back together went to prime fuel and, major leaks from the fuel lines.Spraying out of the hose in multiple places!

The car has redhorse fittings so I am assuming now, that they used redhorse 235 fuel line.

redhorse 235 (Stainless reinforced polymer core with nylon outer braid) only has a life span of 5-7 years... And this car has been sitting since december 2013.

I should have knew better and put more thought into it.

Anyways I will be replacing with stainless PTFE hose which last FOREVER!

Also I am starting to see some things I would like to do different the more I look into the car. There are some hose and wire routing issues that need to be done better. Regardless very cool little car.
Old 02-09-2023, 01:50 PM   #31
youtube.com/KARR

Some things written on back of the AEM v1 ecu

Also it seems the AEM ecu is a Honda AEM ecu based off the part
Old 02-09-2023, 04:21 PM   #32
WeeYari

This thing really did become Frankenstein's monster. Where are the giant terminals to harness a lightening strike?
Old 02-09-2023, 04:42 PM   #33
sh0rtlife

those are resistor values, probably were changed on the board itself, this was a common practice on the 80s alfa's and bmw's to raise the redline and tweak the performance within the stock ECU...changeing the values in other places can change the fuel curve too...so i dont see why that couldnt still hold true or even be used to "modify" the incoming signal of a device to better match what the ECU wants as a range
Old 02-09-2023, 07:39 PM   #34
youtube.com/KARR

Quote:
Originally Posted by sh0rtlife View Post
those are resistor values, probably were changed on the board itself, this was a common practice on the 80s alfa's and bmw's to raise the redline and tweak the performance within the stock ECU...changeing the values in other places can change the fuel curve too...so i dont see why that couldnt still hold true or even be used to "modify" the incoming signal of a device to better match what the ECU wants as a range
I found one post here on yaris world from garm where he stated that aem modified the ecu. But didnt say why or anything. Maybe to do with vvti control? thats just a guess. The ecu does work because i did crank the car once. I am just exploring the car to learn as much as i can about it.

Also found out today one of the gauges isnt working (aem tru boost) so i am gonna need to replace it.

Pretty much lots of things need replaced because of how long the car was sitting. Whats crazy is the tires even though they are dry rotted to hell have almost full tread and still have the nipples on them. haha
Old 02-09-2023, 08:46 PM   #35
sh0rtlife

i deal with cars that have sat for decades and honestly, more often than not its a matter of replaceing most things rubber(belts hoses tires yes brake hoses too), anything beyond that useualy just needs a lil TLC..guages included..you have to think about "moisture damage" more than anything IE check every bloody ground and connector and clean them and id be willing to bet most things spring back to life..sometimes the simple act of removing something and putting it back in will bring it back to life..wish i was joking but its very true
Old 02-10-2023, 05:51 PM   #36
Compeer

Drives: NCP90 TRD Yaris Manual
Sick car dude and awesome revive project! That things going to be a beast can't wait to see her all shined up!
You should make a video where you water blast and clean her.
Compeer is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
1nzfe, cali_yaris, garm, microimage, turbo