Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-02-2007, 05:16 PM   #19
Vervepipes
CowCountry Hornet Handler

Drives: '08 Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmjonesey View Post
Paint chip repair pen? thats pretty useful on our paint. Mine has a few dings in it (some are from those b52 skeeters...yeah) Congrats on your purchase!
Yeah, the paint pen is the newest one, I got that in the mail after completing a customer satisfaction questionnaire. The emergency kit came a few weeks after I got the car with a thank you letter from the dealer owner. The gas was because they couldnt get me the car the same day and had to drive many hours to get back home and the 7 years free oil change I'm not too sure about, he added it when I said I'd wait maybe a few months because I wanted to pay down my loan
Vervepipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 06:09 PM   #20
Astroman
Modded Moderator

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris, 71 Galaxie
Oh, I forgot to add besides the two hats, there was a grab bag for gas cards. I pulled a $50. It was nice, because my yaris cost me nothing for 45 days, which on the 46th day I had to make my first payment. They let me drive it off the lot w/o a trade in or anything down.
Astroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 07:58 PM   #21
Typer73
Tired of the Stars!

Drives: '07 Meteorite LB
A key ring (with their name on it) and a license plate holder (with their name on it). Oh yeah, I did get a Christmas card from my salesman! Whoo-hoo!
Typer73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 09:57 PM   #22
jmjonesey

Drives: Red 2007 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to jmjonesey
An XMAS card? lmao......all i have to say is...wow.
jmjonesey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 09:39 AM   #23
sambo42xa

Drives: 07 YARIS Automatic/LiftBac/Red
IRA TOYOTA in Tewksbury, MA. / Sept.06
Only thing I got was a phone call (left on machine) about 2 weeks later asking if everything was "fine" with the car. Nothing since.
Who the hell did u have to blow to get all these FREE things???? Shit, color pen, free oil changes, car washes, coupons, emergency kit, etc.......

When I bought my HD Classic for $20k, I paid cash on the spot. I asked for a Service Manual and the sales guy said, "man we don't have any here in stock". I didn't even get a f%^& t-shirt! To date, I still don't get an Accessories Catalog. Funny, I inquired to the dealer about the catalog and was told I would have to call HD for one. I'm sure he was smiling after he hung up the phone still counting the $ I left for them A Holes.
sambo42xa
Southern, NH
Old 05-04-2007, 10:56 AM   #24
Vervepipes

Maybe it's your method of buying? Try to let them "convince" you to buy something by seeing what they will do to get a sale
Old 05-04-2007, 11:23 PM   #25
jmjonesey

Drives: Red 2007 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to jmjonesey
Quote:
Originally Posted by sambo42xa View Post
IRA TOYOTA in Tewksbury, MA. / Sept.06
Only thing I got was a phone call (left on machine) about 2 weeks later asking if everything was "fine" with the car. Nothing since.
Who the hell did u have to blow to get all these FREE things???? Shit, color pen, free oil changes, car washes, coupons, emergency kit, etc.......

When I bought my HD Classic for $20k, I paid cash on the spot. I asked for a Service Manual and the sales guy said, "man we don't have any here in stock". I didn't even get a f%^& t-shirt! To date, I still don't get an Accessories Catalog. Funny, I inquired to the dealer about the catalog and was told I would have to call HD for one. I'm sure he was smiling after he hung up the phone still counting the $ I left for them A Holes.
sambo42xa
Southern, NH
I guess it pays to shop around a bit

as far as blowing someone, i guess that my dealer is so worried about what people put on the Toyota questionaire that they might as well bite the bullet on some free stuff rather than lose status with Toyota

kind of like with those chevy 5 star dealer ratings, if you find any little tiny insignifigant problem with it, they will bend over backwards to try and fix it rather than lose a precious star
jmjonesey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 12:44 AM   #26
spkrman
Banned

Drives: 1
I got some free cofee while the massive 8 hour "i'm not leaving until I get this car, but I'm on the verge of walking out" negotiation took place...

then a smile and a "wow i'm glad thats over with" look from the salesman.
spkrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 01:29 AM   #27
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Pssh, I had the car bought before I test drove it! 34/40 was a good enough reason for me. I had to call a few days later and say "Hey, you know that car I bought? Think I could test drive it?" This was before I had ever seen one on the road. 11 months later I'd say I did the right thing.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 01:12 PM   #28
drell42

Drives: Blank
In BC they are not allowed to give you any insentives to buy, it makes it a more "uniform" buying experiance. But since my stepdad is the sales manager I havn't yet paid for a service, my all weather mats,(carpeted ones came with), and he manipulated it so I basiclly got the ralley spoiler for free
drell42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 01:51 PM   #29
ROCKLAND TOYOTA
TRIM HUNTER

Drives: 2007 BLAZIN BLUE YARIS 3 DR
nothing free but since i work for the dealership i got it for $500 over dealer cost. my oil changes are free no matter what, and anything else i can warranty....
ROCKLAND TOYOTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 10:58 PM   #30
Vervepipes

Wouldnt really call this one a "perk", but more of a peace offering to keep my buisness. I was to have my A/C installed on wednesday but when I got there (3 hour+ drive) they told me I was too late to have it installed same day (in contradiction to my previous phone conversation). So I take a second vacation day today to have it installed and talk to the service manager who promptly payed for my gas and installed splash guards for free. It turns out however that on Wednesday they would have had PLENTY of time to install it considering how it only took 6 hours today from time of key drop off to pick up...but hey, I got free splash guards! :)
Old 05-20-2007, 09:12 AM   #31
88ShelbyZ

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris
Send a message via AIM to 88ShelbyZ
I got Free tires for Life from Liberty Toyota in Burlington, NJ. I tried to squeeze some free oil changes out of them when I had to come back so they could redo the paperwork, but they never sent me anything. Oh, and a pretty nice key chain, too.
Old 05-20-2007, 05:15 PM   #32
driver centric
I know right?

Drives: 07 Bayou LB
I had to push them just to give me a set of floor mats, cheap bastards. The salesman tried to just give me his discount so they'd "only" be $90 instead of $120, but I finally got them to come around and just give them to me.

07 Bayou Blue Liftback 5-spd manual
driver centric is offline   Reply With Quote