Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Tracking, Racing, Auto-X Forum
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2011, 09:56 PM   #1
cali yaris
ULTIMATE
 
cali yaris's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Canoga Park, CA
Posts: 14,857
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
12.623 NICE!
__________________
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:47 AM   #2
PETERPOOP
 
PETERPOOP's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 white liftback
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Oahu
Posts: 3,674
nice. you shot out of there like a bat out of hell
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 01:01 AM   #3
scioncrew
 
scioncrew's Avatar
 
Drives: SCION tC
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: HB
Posts: 99
Send a message via AIM to scioncrew
sweet!! i bit that was fun!
__________________
05 Scion tC allmotor 350+ hp 9.34@144mph
05 Scion tC sfwd 880hp 9.96@147mph
05 Scion xB 280hp 12.97@104mph
07 Toyota Yaris 357hp 12.80@107mph
scioncrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 10:37 AM   #4
ofsusannah
 
Drives: 2010 Toyota Yaris
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Richmond,VA
Posts: 2
I went for the first time yesterday and got 17.6 which is not great but I'm not upset about it. I need to work on the launch. I just have the nst ssk and a cai in it. I took out the spare tire. I'll post the timeslip when I get home. I'm at work right now lol.
ofsusannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 10:26 PM   #5
07 flint mica
 
Drives: 07 sedan.04 2500hd,10 mazda3
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: buffalo ny
Posts: 15
i can't wait to run mine down the track. sadly the truck that will tow it there is faster
07 flint mica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 07:45 PM   #6
Blown_xa
 
Blown_xa's Avatar
 
Drives: Scion xA
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 449
12.33 @ 116.8 this past weekend at Scion Exposed. Drove 8 hours there, raced without an issue !
__________________

Ptuning.com
Blown_xa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 09:07 PM   #7
scioncrew
 
scioncrew's Avatar
 
Drives: SCION tC
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: HB
Posts: 99
Send a message via AIM to scioncrew
please tell me you have video??
__________________
05 Scion tC allmotor 350+ hp 9.34@144mph
05 Scion tC sfwd 880hp 9.96@147mph
05 Scion xB 280hp 12.97@104mph
07 Toyota Yaris 357hp 12.80@107mph
scioncrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 10:05 PM   #8
Blown_xa
 
Blown_xa's Avatar
 
Drives: Scion xA
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by scioncrew View Post
please tell me you have video??
The shot I have was awesome, but ended around the 1000ft mark ( because camera was mounted outside on car) the screen blew shut. I didn't bother messing with the camera after that.
I saw many Scion peeps video taping so hopefully footage will arise. Made 8 passes. I was really pushing hard for decent times, but it was difficult because there was ZERO track prep. I spun 1st and 2nd with slicks at 6psi. 1/8th was actually slower compared to my times at M.I.R. with 50 less whp.

6163743097_2dfccc1b5a_b.jpg
__________________

Ptuning.com
Blown_xa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 11:37 PM   #9
cali yaris
ULTIMATE
 
cali yaris's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Canoga Park, CA
Posts: 14,857
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
awesome.
__________________
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 04:57 PM   #10
Blown_xa
 
Blown_xa's Avatar
 
Drives: Scion xA
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 449
http://www.youtube.com/user/Hnivek?f.../0/w673vkGj6_I

This wasn't the fastest run, but it was good . Filmed by Music City Scion crew.
__________________

Ptuning.com
Blown_xa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 07:14 PM   #11
johnny_vitz
 
Drives: 2005 Toyota Echo
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hamilton, Canada
Posts: 259
Nice! Do you run the DSS axles?
__________________
05' Echo Hatch - Greddy Supercharger - rear disc
johnny_vitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 07:42 PM   #12
Blown_xa
 
Blown_xa's Avatar
 
Drives: Scion xA
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_vitz View Post
Nice! Do you run the DSS axles?
stock axles. Ballin on a budget
__________________

Ptuning.com
Blown_xa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 12:41 AM   #13
cali yaris
ULTIMATE
 
cali yaris's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Canoga Park, CA
Posts: 14,857
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
^ yeah man lay it down!
__________________
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 01:05 AM   #14
scioncrew
 
scioncrew's Avatar
 
Drives: SCION tC
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: HB
Posts: 99
Send a message via AIM to scioncrew
__________________
05 Scion tC allmotor 350+ hp 9.34@144mph
05 Scion tC sfwd 880hp 9.96@147mph
05 Scion xB 280hp 12.97@104mph
07 Toyota Yaris 357hp 12.80@107mph
scioncrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 09:56 AM   #15
cali yaris
ULTIMATE
 
cali yaris's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Canoga Park, CA
Posts: 14,857
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Did some 1/8 mile last night, got 4 passes and developed some significant exhaust leak. Meh, back to the shop. Great fun, and of course the announcer had fun with us. "Did they shrink that car?" "What is that?"

GOOD
improved my burnouts
improved my launches

BAD
horrible shifts
should try 2nd gear launch instead

__________________
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 04:23 PM   #16
scioncrew
 
scioncrew's Avatar
 
Drives: SCION tC
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: HB
Posts: 99
Send a message via AIM to scioncrew
Do third gear burnouts
__________________
05 Scion tC allmotor 350+ hp 9.34@144mph
05 Scion tC sfwd 880hp 9.96@147mph
05 Scion xB 280hp 12.97@104mph
07 Toyota Yaris 357hp 12.80@107mph
scioncrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 07:31 PM   #17
Blown_xa
 
Blown_xa's Avatar
 
Drives: Scion xA
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 449
I competed in the 12.50 index class at the Import vs Domestics World Cup finals this past weekend. The track prep was so good that in Saturdays qualifications, I had to turn the boost down by 7psi (about 40whp) to dial in for 12.50s. My first pass I already assumed the track prep was great so it was down 4psi, I ended up pulling a 12.2 anyhow ! Part of me wanted to run full boost to claim a 11 sec pass, but I was focused on dialing the car in. I qualified 8th of 30 cars in that class. 700 cars showed up from around the country to run....... It was packed.

Sunday morning I got one shakedown pass, 12.47... a bit fast but I left the boost alone for a cushion. This was the 1st event I did on a pro tree, but I got it down fairly quick.

1st rd. Foxbody mustang, he pulled a .671 light, I pulled a .251....I pedaled before finish line crossing with a 12.57 to his 12.33 (ran out chasing). WIN

2nd rd. Turbo Intergra , he pulled a .309 light, I pulled a .062....I pedaled before finish line crossing with a 12.63 to his 12.67 . WIN .

Quarter finals. Mustang Cobra, he pulled a .095 light, I pulled a .139.... drove around him in 4th gear then pedaled it for a 12.60 to his 12.72. WIN

Semi finals. 69 Camaro, he pulled a .054 light, I pulled a .126.... when I was in 4th gear I had so much speed catching him, as soon as I was pulling by him I let off thinking I was gonna break out..... I made a mistake doing so. He won by .04 sec, on a holeshot with a 12.72 to my 12.69.

I was still happy to get that far, anouncer said my car was a crowd favorite... so that was especially humbling because 10,000 people were in the stands. Took home some cash and good memories. This was a promo video for the event to put in perspective its caliber . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWuiA...layer_embedded
__________________

Ptuning.com

Last edited by Blown_xa; 11-08-2011 at 07:42 PM.
Blown_xa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 09:27 PM   #18
scioncrew
 
scioncrew's Avatar
 
Drives: SCION tC
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: HB
Posts: 99
Send a message via AIM to scioncrew
awesome !!
__________________
05 Scion tC allmotor 350+ hp 9.34@144mph
05 Scion tC sfwd 880hp 9.96@147mph
05 Scion xB 280hp 12.97@104mph
07 Toyota Yaris 357hp 12.80@107mph
scioncrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OFFICIAL Yaris SEDAN thread SimmZ Photo-Video-Media Gallery 1706 06-22-2025 05:33 AM
Official Scangauge II Thread - Share your Data, Discuss Settings ,Problems, Findings! TRD_Yaris General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 183 02-01-2017 12:18 PM
Get your post counts here! *read 1st post for rules* Astroman Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions 3414 11-04-2012 09:03 AM
The Official "Bambo the Yarisworld Traveler" thread (V1) nemesisz Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions 3 11-08-2008 10:24 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:04 AM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.