Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-11-2009, 11:28 PM   #235
Yaris Hilton
Half a Bubble Off Plumb

Drives: 2009 Yaris Sedan
Smile

I was driving a pretty red 1995 Volvo 850 Turbo with spoiler, mag wheels and sunroof. Nice fun car, but it needed work soon.
Yaris Hilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 03:21 PM   #236
YarisOwnersDad
Is now a Corolla S Owner

Drives: 2010 Corolla S
MAJOR DEVELOPMENT!

The wife has agreed to take a trip down to Clarksville, TN, about an hour away, where they have a couple of the Flint Mica Yarii and a few in other colors. I want to see as many colors live and in person as possible before I buy. This is the dealership where my dealer will be getting my car, if I go with the Flint Mica or some other color that they have and that my dealer doesn't have.

This does not mean that I have the green light from the wife to get a Yaris, but it is a major step in the right direction.

Woooooooohooooooooooo!!!!!!!

Tomster
YarisOwnersDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 04:11 PM   #237
MadMax

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback (Sprocket)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaris Hilton View Post
I was driving a pretty red 1995 Volvo 850 Turbo with spoiler, mag wheels and sunroof. Nice fun car, but it needed work soon.
Ditto here, a 96 VW Passat GLX wagon with the VR6 and a 5-speed. Had it almost ten years (bought it when we got back from Germany, and shipped it over to Belgium on my own nickel); but it was starting to show its age. It was a blast to drive, fast as snot (had a Neuspeed P-flow & K&N air filter on it, so it had a real vicious induction sound to it), and handled great; but I was destined for trouble in it, so I got the Yaris.

The funny thing is, my wife was the one who pushed getting Sprocket, God bless her little heart! And I have slowed down considerably in it, as it is fun to drive that way. On my way home from work on Friday, a truck coming from the other direction was flashing its lights at me, the usual sign there was a police car with radar up ahead; but I was going five miles under the speed limit on this particular back road. I just smiled as I passed the cop car hidden in the bushes...

I don't know why, but I have no desire to drive this car like a maniac!

Cheers! M2
MadMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 07:29 PM   #238
YarisOwnersDad
Is now a Corolla S Owner

OK, we are back from Clarksville, and I think the wife has resolved herself to the fact that I am about to become a Yaris owner, which is a step short of endorsing my purchase, but, hey, I'll settle for "resovled."

Now, help me pick the color. I am still not sure about Flint Mica. It's OK, but I'm not sure it is my top choice any more. Well, Barcelona Red Metallic is my TOP choice, but because of Wes having that color, I cannot get one. They had a white one that looked good, but my Cobalt is white. Still, I would consider white, and there is already a white one at my local dealer, so he might knock off a hundred or so for not having to do a dealer trade. That Pacific Blue did not look bad. Silver was a good color, but the only silver was an "S" model. That doesn't meant that the local dealer couldn't locate a silver base sedan elsewhere, though. (Twit, I can see why you chose silver.)

Decisions, decisions, decisions! I LOVE IT!

I hope to be a Yaris owner sometime tomorrow!

Tom
Old 04-12-2009, 07:31 PM   #239
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
WHITE. Easiest to keep clean. That and silver. If you get flint mica, scratches will show more. But depends what you want. If I could do it over again, I'd get black. Don't regret your choice! Think long and hard!
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 08:01 PM   #240
cdavidhess

Drives: 2008 White Yaris Sedan 5 speed
I think she must love you.
Old 04-12-2009, 08:05 PM   #241
cdavidhess

I like white!

Old 04-12-2009, 08:07 PM   #242
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by YarisOwnersDad View Post

Well, Barcelona Red Metallic is my TOP choice, but because of Wes having that color, I cannot get one.

Tom
Why not? That's the one you really want, isn't it?

I don't see why you're trying to compromise on a different color if that's the only one you like. If you're wife can get over it, then Wes definitely can, too

Can't help with the colors, because I haven't see them in person and colors are clearly a matter of personal taste.

Old 04-12-2009, 08:10 PM   #243
cdavidhess

I agree. If you really like red, go for it!
Old 04-12-2009, 08:17 PM   #244
YarisOwnersDad
Is now a Corolla S Owner

No, Peeps, I won't do that to my son. He would die if I got one EXACTLY like his, color and all. I don't want to take away from his enjoyment of his new car.

His previous new cars were ones that I bought and made payments on while he was in school, the second of which he paid off a couple years ago. This is his first new car that I had nothing to do with, except to help him get a better deal.

Tom
Old 04-12-2009, 08:20 PM   #245
YarisOwnersDad
Is now a Corolla S Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdavidhess View Post
I like white!

Me too, but my Cobalt is white, and I might be better satisfied getting something different this time. Maybe not, though.

Tom
Old 04-12-2009, 08:59 PM   #246
YarisOwnersDad
Is now a Corolla S Owner

Can you guys believe this? It looks like I am REALLY gonna get my Yaris!

Yeeeeeeeeeeeehawwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, tell me the truth, how many of you thought that I would get a Yaris at this time? I sure had my ups and downs, didn't I? I had a wife big time opposed to my trading, and I had my own doubts about it. I just couldn't get the Yaris out of my mind, though. I couldn't give up on the idea. Thanks for all the support you guys and gals have given me. It is going to be a lot of fun belonging to this community as an actual Yaris owner!

Gonna have to re-register with a new username, huh? Maybe "DadGotOneToo," or "DadGot12?"

Tomster

Last edited by YarisOwnersDad; 04-12-2009 at 09:14 PM.
Old 04-12-2009, 09:12 PM   #247
mr9865
$10.25/hr frying chicken

Drives: 2012 Yaris L
Best thread on the site!
mr9865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 09:24 PM   #248
YarisOwnersDad
Is now a Corolla S Owner

How about "YarisOldAsYaFeel?" Would that be a good username?

Tomster
Old 04-12-2009, 09:59 PM   #249
mr9865
$10.25/hr frying chicken

Drives: 2012 Yaris L
I think you should just keep yours
mr9865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 10:06 PM   #250
Yaris Hilton
Half a Bubble Off Plumb

Drives: 2009 Yaris Sedan
Smile

Resolved or resigned?

I sure do like my Barcelona Red Metallic. Didn't bother me a bit to see a 2007 that looks just like it twice in Johnson City this week. (A skinny redheaded college girl drives it and puts on her makeup while doing so.)

Do something else to distinguish yours from your son's, like put a spoiler or some wheels on it. Or a custom front license plate.
Yaris Hilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 10:12 PM   #251
YarisOwnersDad
Is now a Corolla S Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaris Hilton View Post
Resolved or resigned?

I sure do like my Barcelona Red Metallic. Didn't bother me a bit to see a 2007 that looks just like it twice in Johnson City this week. (A skinny redheaded college girl drives it and puts on her makeup while doing so.)

Do something else to distinguish yours from your son's, like put a spoiler or some wheels on it. Or a custom front license plate.
I think the word I was looking for WAS "resigned." My wife is resigned to the fact that I will be getting a Yaris. Thanks for the correction.

Oh, the Barcelona Red Metallic and the Yaris were just made for one another, no doubt about it.

Tom
Old 04-12-2009, 11:57 PM   #252
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by YarisOwnersDad View Post
Can you guys believe this? It looks like I am REALLY gonna get my Yaris!

Yeeeeeeeeeeeehawwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, tell me the truth, how many of you thought that I would get a Yaris at this time? I sure had my ups and downs, didn't I? I had a wife big time opposed to my trading, and I had my own doubts about it. I just couldn't get the Yaris out of my mind, though. I couldn't give up on the idea. Thanks for all the support you guys and gals have given me. It is going to be a lot of fun belonging to this community as an actual Yaris owner!

Gonna have to re-register with a new username, huh? Maybe "DadGotOneToo," or "DadGot12?"

Tomster

We love having you around, as well!

I wouldn't change the name, I would just add "I got one two" underneath.
Or you could change your name ... what ever makes you happy!