Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-13-2008, 10:50 AM   #271
mikenacarato
SIPNDEW

Drives: 15 STI
Send a message via AIM to mikenacarato
looks like i will have the money for it! so we pay when they are finished which is at the end of this month?
mikenacarato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 11:04 AM   #272
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
correct
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 03:51 PM   #273
richardholdener

Drives: 2008 Yaris hatch
All of your tesing is run with a wide-band oxygen sensor (data logged by the dyno) and we even run an Innovate on the street during development so the end user does not have to. The stock MAF on the Yaris has been very cooperative with the intake and there is little or no change to the air/fuel curve despite the significant change in power. Mass air meter systems are great that way. Regarding other applications, I have developed an intake for the Miata and Fit (still working on this one) and will look at other applications once we get things rollling with the Yaris and Scion applications. I have also run tests on an intake for the 08 Xb (same as TC) with good results so far. Needs more testing (difficult due to rear position of intake), but I think there is sufficient power to be had from this application. I just want to get yaris intake done before going on. As to power under the curve, the real trick to any intake design is to not have the trade off in power-big gains on top for losses down low or in mid range. Some times this is not possible, but with understanding (a lot of math) and long hours on the dyno, it can sometime be accomplished (like the Yaris design). That is why I alsways try to get the inatke to make power before I try to make it fit the chassis. If it doesn't make power, no sense in making it fit and trying to convince ther market that it is the hot ticket. I won't sell an intake if it doesn't perform.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallas View Post
I think its great that Richard is designing us an intake, sadly I've been on too many forums like Altimas net seen intakes being made by "" pros" tuning on dyno's and in the end the gains are very limited unless you are boosted or pumping a much larger volume of air. Almost always you loose somewhere in the rpm range. You may dyno an extra 5 hp at 6000 rpm but you can end up with less hp under the curve. I would strongly reccomend you get a a/f meter to make sure your not running dangerously lean after doing a full intake system. I like the fact he is trying to offer two differently tuned intakes. Toyota spent a lot of time designing the manifold to be the best compromise of torque hp and drivability. I look forward to seeing some real world dyno's when people get them, on a plus, the bling factor of a tuned custom intake is priceless.
richardholdener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 10:39 PM   #274
dallas

Drives: Yaris Hatch /Landrover D2
Thanks for the ecouraging info! and again for building an intake for such an unlikely candidate!
dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 11:32 PM   #275
WolfWings

Drives: Silver 2007 3Dr - Gryph
Amen, what Dallas said! I know the Yaris is hardly the 'tuner' car like the Miata or even the various generations of Civic, but thanks for putting in all these long hours towards this intake for our little beasties. And you nailed it on the head, it's NOT easy to get good top-end gains without losing power somewhere else, that you gained as much as you did is great. :-)
Old 11-16-2008, 08:24 PM   #276
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

did the test car get used yet? What's the current status on the process?
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
Old 11-16-2008, 08:56 PM   #277
mikenacarato
SIPNDEW

progress? im too excited!
Old 11-17-2008, 12:37 AM   #278
Sabretooth
37HSSV

Drives: '11 Mazdaspeed 3
Send a message via AIM to Sabretooth
I really hope to have the money by then.

Only reason why it sucks, cause the holidays are so close by... makes some of us torn between family and car parts...lol
Sabretooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 05:44 AM   #279
pinoypizzaboy

Drives: 08 toyota yaris LB
Patiently waiting :)
pinoypizzaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 02:12 PM   #280
kou

Drives: 08 lb
any word on production.
kou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 02:18 PM   #281
Thej3sta2

Drives: Soon to be LFA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth View Post
I really hope to have the money by then.

Only reason why it sucks, cause the holidays are so close by... makes some of us torn between family and car parts...lol
+2
Old 11-17-2008, 02:21 PM   #282
KCALB SIRAY
それを吸ってください

Drives: black sand lb
^ family first, but Holidays are not always about gifts...family IS a gift. But I can feel the pain though, timing is bad I guess
KCALB SIRAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 02:39 PM   #283
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Quote:
makes some of us torn between family and car parts...
No, it doesn't.

LOL
Old 11-17-2008, 02:47 PM   #284
id3379
§†ęĄ¶‡Ћ-NCP96

Thumbs down

So there's no pics of this at all ?....

id3379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 05:48 PM   #285
at3GG

Drives: 07 metmet LB
I cannot wait to see some pictures and the results of this Manifold

Konig Heliums 15x6.5 Black
Tanabe Df210's
at3GG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 02:46 PM   #286
kou

Drives: 08 lb
any word on a release date?i,m ready to its 40 degrees out and my short ram is cold to the touch and its lonely it needs someone to play with.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PA270932.JPG (178.0 KB, 150 views)
kou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 03:07 PM   #287
richardholdener

Drives: 2008 Yaris hatch
We are stillconfiguring the production version-we offered to have it made adjustable but it seems interest is directed to standard version. We'll post a photo of production piece and then provide date for shipment of first production run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kou View Post
any word on a release date?i,m ready to its 40 degrees out and my short ram is cold to the touch and its lonely it needs someone to play with.
richardholdener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 03:10 PM   #288
mikenacarato
SIPNDEW

woo! how much is shipping within the states?