Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

View Poll Results: Who will win the SUperbowl?
49ers 7 36.84%
Ravens 6 31.58%
I dont give 2 shits about either team 6 31.58%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-28-2013, 01:59 PM   #19
david_827

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan
[QUOTE=nookandcrannycar;683027]I love your cogent, intelligent posts....but I DESPISE your team ! /QUOTE]

lol, alot of people despise my team
david_827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:00 PM   #20
david_827

Quote:
Originally Posted by nookandcrannycar View Post
It is an awesome feeling isn't it. I felt that way from the 1980 season through the 1989 season when my 2 teams won 6 Super Bowls. plus the Lakers championships in the 80s.....not to mention baseball in 1989...my 2 teams playing each other..I couldn't lose. I feel bad for people whose teams never win a championship when my 6 teams (49ers and Raiders, Lakers and Warriors, Giants and A's) have won 26 championships (possibly 27 after Sunday) in the last 40 years.
similar to my hometown teams (Pats, Celtics, Bruins, Red Sox) winning something like 7 collective championships this millennium
Old 01-28-2013, 09:41 PM   #21
nookandcrannycar

Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsin View Post
I think its next year. All thats done is inflate the Giants fans huris about playing the SB in their own stadium which isnt good for Karma...

Has anyone ever played a SM in their own place?
In their own stadium -- No. In their own metropolitan area -- Yes. Twice. The Rams lost in SB 14 at the Rose Bowl, which is about 18 miles from their home field. The 49ers won SB 19 at Stanford Stadium, which is about 27 miles from their home field.
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:11 PM   #22
nookandcrannycar

Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
The Rams lost in SB 14 at the Rose Bowl, which is about 18 miles from their home field
Oops, should be 'which was about 18 miles from their home field' as the the Rams play in St. Louis now.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:43 AM   #23
bronsin

Drives: 2009 Base Hatch 2 Dr Auto
Heres an interesting article that recounts Ray Lewis's involvement in a double homicide in 2000.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/nationa...bhKA5AvqpmbM/0
Old 01-30-2013, 11:38 AM   #24
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
the giants don't have good coaching. How could you even think that? Twice now they have won the Super Bowl and then not even made the playoffs the next year. That is pathetic.

If you think the 49'ers are a finesse team you haven't watched them much. They have the best D in the NFL, and one of the NFL's best rushing offenses.

And as far as what team has had the best runs, no one since the 49ers in the 90's has done what the Pats are doing. 3 sb's, and every single year they are in the hunt for another one. It really is ridiculous that every year the seem to be playing for the SB.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:35 PM   #25
bronsin

Drives: 2009 Base Hatch 2 Dr Auto
The Giants coaching staff is frequently guility of tactical blunders, although so far they havnt had to pay the price for them.

The most insane one was when they fell into Bellichicks trap at the end of the SB. The one where Bradshaw fell ass first into the end zone. If they tell Eli to take three knees and kick a field goal, the Patriots get the ball back with 20 seconds left and no time outs. Instead Bellichick gets to have a time out and a minute to play with. This results in a pass into their end zone which Gronk almost catches. If he does the Giants LOSE. The Giants were lucky It took the Pats four plays to get a first down when they got the ball or there would have been more and closer heaves into the end zone.

Maybe bad tactics cost them a playoff slot this year though. Im thinking of the first Eagles game when their coach call for a fieldgoal with 10 or 15 seconds on the clock. They had time to run another play and pick up five or ten yards (the Eagles certainly would have defended the endzone from a touchdown) which would have made it a 40 yards field goal instead of a 50 yarder.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:40 PM   #26
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by why? View Post
the giants don't have good coaching. How could you even think that? Twice now they have won the Super Bowl and then not even made the playoffs the next year. That is pathetic.

If you think the 49'ers are a finesse team you haven't watched them much. They have the best D in the NFL, and one of the NFL's best rushing offenses.

And as far as what team has had the best runs, no one since the 49ers in the 90's has done what the Pats are doing. 3 sb's, and every single year they are in the hunt for another one. It really is ridiculous that every year the seem to be playing for the SB.

Funny how the Pats haven't won a SB either since they were forced to stop recording the opponents practices.

As for my consideration of SF being finesse it is all relative to their opponent which in this case would be Balt. . Unless mistaken I haven't heard of SF being called bruisers or brawlers, etc as I have when it comes to Balt.

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:30 PM   #27
nookandcrannycar

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnkngrv View Post
Funny how the Pats haven't won a SB either since they were forced to stop recording the opponents practices.
^^^^^ This. ...and...The publishers of TD Magazine put out a soft cover book (it came out just before the playoffs started -- a few weeks ago) that featured a ranking of all 46 previous Super Bowls, basically by decisiveness of the win. One of the Patriot wins is at number #15 and the other 2 are in the high 30s. On the other hand, 3 of the 49ers 5 wins are in the top 9 on that list including the 55-10 win over Denver at #1.....and the editorial office responsible for the publication is in New York, not in California.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:40 PM   #28
david_827

Quote:
^^^^^ This. ...and...The publishers of TD Magazine put out a soft cover book (it came out just before the playoffs started -- a few weeks ago) that featured a ranking of all 46 previous Super Bowls, basically by decisiveness of the win. One of the Patriot wins is at number #15 and the other 2 are in the high 30s. On the other hand, 3 of the 49ers 5 wins are in the top 9 on that list including the 55-10 win over Denver at #1.....and the editorial office responsible for the publication is in New York, not in California.
i read the story as well, and as you said they were rank on decisiveness of the victory, 2 of the SBs were won by FGs so of course they wouldn't be ranked that high
Old 01-30-2013, 02:44 PM   #29
david_827

Quote:

As for my consideration of SF being finesse it is all relative to their opponent which in this case would be Balt. . Unless mistaken I haven't heard of SF being called bruisers or brawlers, etc as I have when it comes to Balt.
The reason why the Pats havent won a SB since is a mere coincidence. The years we had won a SB we had a pretty dominant defense. Pretty punishing as well with Rodney Harrison at Safety. If you McCourty, Chung or Gregory are anywhere near as intimidating to offenses as Harrison was, your kidding yourself. The past few SB runs by the Pats never featured a punishing defense like the one we had in the early 2000s.

Additionally we havent had a decent RB since Corey Dillon. Which was also the last time we won a SB. The whole RB by committee that the pats are currently running is a joke. We won't win another SB until the Pats stop depending so much on Brady's arm.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:17 PM   #30
nookandcrannycar

Quote:
Originally Posted by david_827 View Post
We won't win another SB until the Pats stop depending so much on Brady's arm.
I agree. Even though team members have a high level of physical conditioning (otherwise the No Huddle wouldn't work well for them at any time, IMO), players would be fresher longer into the game if they had a back like Gore as a fellow teammate.

Of the four major pro sports in the U.S. only Baseball and Football have all their regular season games within one calendar year. I wondered, with a 49ers win, how many other times have teams from the same city won championships in both sports in the Super Bowl era? This would be the 5th time. You got to enjoy the last one (Patriots and Red Sox - 2004 Season), and the other 3 were 1986 Season (Mets and Giants), 1979 Season (Pirates and Steelers), and the 1970 Season (Colts and Orioles)...I thought some Bay Area members might find that interesting.

Super Bowl 39 wasn't won by kicking a field goal to break a tie, but the Patriots still only won by 3 points .
Old 01-30-2013, 04:39 PM   #31
sroberts

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
I predict coach Harbaugh's team will win.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:11 PM   #32
nookandcrannycar

Quote:
Originally Posted by sroberts View Post
I predict coach Harbaugh's team will win.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:15 PM   #33
nookandcrannycar

Quote:
my biggest gripe is when one team just takes the other to the cleaners. That isn't any fun at all to watch.
Unless the team winning by a huge margin is your favorite team .
Old 01-30-2013, 10:29 PM   #34
nookandcrannycar

Quote:
'Marshall Faulk is still upset about the Super Bowl loss to the Patriots he suffered while playing for the Rams. He thinks that their final run through before the game was filmed by the Patriots' ----- I'm paraphrasing, but this was part of a message on the scrolling ticker at the bottom of the screen on the NFL Channel tonight.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:46 AM   #35
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
Quote:
Unless the team winning by a huge margin is your favorite team .

Nope...not for me anyway.

There have been plenty of games that the Vikings just crushed their opponents like back in the late 90s when they broke the point record for a season. Without spectacular plays to back up the points running it up it becomes a snoozefest to me.

As for David's comments about the last few years for the Pats and defense being an issue I will agree to a point, but personally I think that they need to get a fresh perspective in the management role and ditch B. He is nothing if not an ass and that is no coincidence.

I actually anticipate this year's bowl to be a stalemate and then just blow up with offense for both of them to lead to a decent points run on both sides of the board.

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:01 PM   #36
nookandcrannycar

Quote:
'Marshall Faulk is still upset about the Super Bowl loss to the Patriots he suffered while playing for the Rams. He thinks that their final run through before the game was filmed by the Patriots' ----- I'm paraphrasing, but this was part of a message on the scrolling ticker at the bottom of the screen on the NFL Channel tonight.
This story is now on Shutdown Corner on Yahoo! Sports and the story has 3,153 comments.