Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-17-2011, 02:02 AM   #19
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
^ LOL!!

Dead? No. Just slow. It's a law of the Internet that people's interest on a topic peaks for a while , they stay really active for a while, then they just drop out or only post very little now and then. Plus there is a lot of competition from other forums, social networks, etc. for our time.

I don't know if I'm alone or what, but 2011 hasn't been a good financial year for me. I have put on the back burner a few things I had in mind for the Yaris.
Old 09-18-2011, 04:24 PM   #20
SilverBack
Joey

Drives: '14 Scion xD 5-speed
Send a message via AIM to SilverBack
There's very little new to talk about regarding the Yaris. Everything that had to be said has been said pretty much. All that's left to do now is promote the search button for the noobs, and continue having fun with the threads that keep going off-topic.

A forum post should be like a skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep things interesting.

"I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem." -Hank Hill
SilverBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 11:05 PM   #21
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Drives: C300 / Del Sol
Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
Mmmm. Ok time to revive some old threads for old time sake? Lol
JumpmanYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 11:37 PM   #22
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
yes, let's bring back the..... plastic vs metal dipstick debate?

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 12:00 AM   #23
djct_watt

Drives: 2010 NCP91 5spd
Or we can follow the lead of the other fantabulous forums out there and add another "I want to swap a 2jz into my car/what engines can I swap" thread.

Or

"My mommy bought me this car and I think it sucks. How many ***** do I need to suck to buy a nicer one. Vote on which car (and how many ****s) in my poll" thread.
Old 09-20-2011, 12:36 AM   #24
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Drives: C300 / Del Sol
Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by eTiMaGo View Post
yes, let's bring back the..... plastic vs metal dipstick debate?
I think I liked better the "when do I have to change my fuel filter or the tranny oil ones where the best ones.
Lol
JumpmanYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 09:37 AM   #25
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Quote:
Originally Posted by djct_watt View Post
Or we can follow the lead of the other fantabulous forums out there and add another "I want to swap a 2jz into my car/what engines can I swap" thread.

Or

"My mommy bought me this car and I think it sucks. How many ***** do I need to suck to buy a nicer one. Vote on which car (and how many ****s) in my poll" thread.
In your case, 236 for a Honda Brio

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 09-20-2011, 10:54 AM   #26
padre1964

Drives: I'm back !! 2012 Toyota Yaris
I love this car, just dont feel the need to post here daily.
Old 09-20-2011, 11:12 AM   #27
djct_watt

Drives: 2010 NCP91 5spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by eTiMaGo View Post
In your case, 236 for a Honda Brio
Hahaha. The Honda Brio. . . don't get me started. It looks like some of the deformities I see walking around Soi Nana. If I were that cheap, I'd just buy a used Yaris or new March.
Old 09-20-2011, 11:20 AM   #28
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

yeah it reminds me of some rejected design from Ssanyong... A shot in the right direction from Honda to compete with the March, but horrible execution...

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 09-20-2011, 11:42 AM   #29
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
I truly believe that it is the financials that are impacting all over the interwebz. I have spent 10k on the car in the last year, year and a half, but this year has only seen a little over a grand of it. I am now having to save for my body kit install over the winter with Bo (3-5k) and to complete my projector retrofit. My biggest concerns are ones that Garm rose I think in the last year or so which is to decide whether or not to keep the car a DD or go full track. After racing at the Land Speed Races this weekend it is making it ubber tough to decide because to get to my goals I might have to take it off the road. It will be an interesting challenge and journey. I will be sure to work on getting my blog up to date and keep it up to date. Another reason very well could be schedules. When someone first gets a ride new to them they spend a LOT of time typically and many find I think that they impact either work or family time as the months/years go on.

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 01:30 PM   #30
Klink10

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
^^^^^ I agree. Alot of folks have moved on and the change in body styles has limited many in mods because of aftermarket parts availability. I'm in a holding pattern because of funds as I would really love to SC mine. That is a ways down the road unless a miracle charger shows up.
Klink10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 02:06 PM   #31
Darb
Bear Traffic Controller

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
I still pop in from time to time. I just have less time to do so now because of two jobs and school.

Kids Playing Chase On Freeways Get Smashed.
Darb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 12:20 AM   #32
TLyttle

Drives: 07 Yaris sedan
Which, the jobs, or school? My advice would be school; sitting in a classroom filling your head with useless crap doesn't work as well as an apprenticeship...
TLyttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 02:26 PM   #33
SilverBack
Joey

Mostly disagree. Most of the stuff I'm learning in school is coming in very handy already, and I still have a year til graduation (matter of fact just did my first real project this year for a friend, and another one for the school as part of a team). But I agree if you're talking about "electives", which is utter bullshit.

I suppose usefulness varies by major and level of deep interest.

A forum post should be like a skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep things interesting.

Old 09-22-2011, 09:15 PM   #34
SilverBack
Joey

Yeah, tell that to the student loan lenders LOL. But yeah, being put through hell to get a degree is worth a potentially higher income in the end.

And here's one for you: http://tinyurl.com/24r9qq

Old 09-22-2011, 09:34 PM   #35
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
^ Yeah, so do I. School is necessary, even if they fill your head full of crap. Get it out of the way now, cause it's a pain to have to go back to school later in life when other obligations will undoubtedly compete for your time.
Old 09-22-2011, 10:24 PM   #36
TLyttle

Drives: 07 Yaris sedan
Student loan? If one is employed as an apprentice, there is income, not outgo. If you math it out, the apprentice is making tradesman's wages by the time the degree holder has accumulated a debt that will eat his entry-level wages for the next 5 or 10 years. An intelligent apprentice will make about the same amount of money by the time he is 40, and never be short of work. Then he has the luxury of going to school without the financial pressure.

I'm old. Few of my classmates made it to college or university, and those who did are no farther ahead than the rest of us, unless one counts ego trips. The "dumb" guys who went into apprenticeships out of Grade 10 are doing very well, some of them owning their own companies, or in many cases, sold them off for a comfortable retirement.

I do wish the college/university guys lots of luck, but I suggest that they look carefully at their future...
TLyttle is offline   Reply With Quote