Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-19-2006, 02:58 AM   #19
mhero

Drives: Yaris 5Dr.
I think, Yaris is so small ... and I got no problem driving
backward or parking . . . so I don't think Yaris need one :)
mhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 04:10 AM   #20
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Yeah but I suck at parking

plus it's mainly just for the cool factor... Or I could put the camera in the front with an IR illuminator, and get night-vision, mercedes-style!
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 07:10 AM   #21
vodkalush
I drive a yarrrris

Drives: 07 Sedan Polar White
Send a message via AIM to vodkalush
Quote:
Originally Posted by eTiMaGo

plus it's mainly just for the cool factor... Or I could put the camera in the front with an IR illuminator, and get night-vision, mercedes-style!
haha, I think an expensevice part to that sys would be the high powered IR bulbs/led

Docotrs say all the drikning has mesesd up my seplilng and radieng

will work for parts
vodkalush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 07:16 AM   #22
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
most likely, yes, if you want any kind of useable range.... But that was just an hypothetical idea, the possibilities are really quite limitless!
Old 10-23-2006, 11:37 PM   #23
mhero

Drives: Yaris 5Dr.
Quote:

I got it! This is why we modify our cars
mhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 12:06 AM   #24
vodkalush
I drive a yarrrris

Drives: 07 Sedan Polar White
Send a message via AIM to vodkalush
Quote:
most likely, yes, if you want any kind of useable range.... But that was just an hypothetical idea, the possibilities are really quite limitless!
that they are, now lets go explore the outer limit..
If you had it setup right, you could have your car sync with your home network+desktop every time you parked your car in the garage/in front (via wireless network and some mid level winxp/mac/linux knowledge). So that you have the latest movies/mp3s on your carputer.
If you had a bluetooth laptop/carputer + bluetooth cellphone you could configure the carputer to get weather updates and traffic updates at a set time/time period....

Docotrs say all the drikning has mesesd up my seplilng and radieng

will work for parts
vodkalush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 12:33 AM   #25
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

yeah, I do have Wifi at home and I think the signal should reach the front....
And internet over cellular, possible too, though over there the rates are pretty darn high... And there's no traffic information, or accurate weather information available anyhow!

Anyway, this project is kind of taking a back seat, as much fun as it would be, I do not think I will go the carputer route, probably stick to a Pioneer dual DIN headunit with all the bells and whistles, and add on a bluetooth adapter and ipod cable, rear camera module can also be attached and possibly also one of those vehicle dynamics processors. But that will be after adding a few horsies under the hood, I vowed myself not to have a "all show, no go" car, and that's basically what's sitting outside right now!
Old 10-24-2006, 12:48 PM   #26
funkstrong

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
If its available to you, you can get one of those broadband pcmcia cards, I've used them before and they work pretty well with good speed. I had an idea that might be easier to do without really needing a carputer. You can buy wireless routers that have a usb plug for an external hard-drive. I believe they're called media storage routers, linksys has one for about $99.00. That way you'd only have to power the router and an external hard drive. I haven't been able to find a tiny device that will plug into an external hard drive and play its contents though. I think I might have a serious obsession with technology.
funkstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 04:06 PM   #27
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
I've been reading up on mp3car.com, and there is a lot that goes into the install. By far the hardest part in a Yaris is... well, where the fuck do you mount a computer? Haha, I'm thinking driver side top glove box... has anyone had the dash off and is aware of what is back there? The airbag is in the steering wheel, so if theres about an inch or two of dead space behind the glove box I may be in business.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 07:57 PM   #28
yv1650c

Drives: Japanese 8T1 Yaris Hatchback
may sombody with the cam installed rear in a liftback add pics? just to watch hoy you did it?
yv1650c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 08:02 PM   #29
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro
eTiMaGo... you have vehicle dynamics on your head unit, right? Your head unit can run a reverse cam plug and play :) Pioneer makes the cam kit that plugs right in and plays no worries
Old 01-21-2007, 02:45 PM   #30
mikeukrainetz

Drives: 2006 Toyota Yaris
ive seen car computer mentioned from panasonic and multi other types of system listed in other threads. just came accross this in the latest issue of PASMag from Drivesoft.
its an all in one in dash car computer coming out from Drivesoft.
dont know the pricing but you ought to read the review in the mag.

internet, car cam, blue tooth, car security control etc etc.

link for the system

http://www.drivesoft.net/dfs_hardware.html

link for performance auto and sound mag.

http://www.pasmag.com
mikeukrainetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 05:00 PM   #31
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Drivesoft products are both notoriously sweet and notoriously expensive. Their first carputer offering was a fortune.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 08:36 PM   #32
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Yaris View Post
eTiMaGo... you have vehicle dynamics on your head unit, right? Your head unit can run a reverse cam plug and play :) Pioneer makes the cam kit that plugs right in and plays no worries
I do have a reverse camera plugged in ;)

Mind you, it's not the pioneer cam itself, just a standard one, this is not recommended as you have to manually select the video source when you wanna use it. (so, it's rarely used, I might even relocate it as a front bumper cam) If it's the pioneer cam ($++), it'll switch on automatically when you put the car in reverse.

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 01-21-2007, 09:28 PM   #33
dngz

Drives: black yaris sedan
http://toyota.jp/dop/navi/lineup/opt...ter/index.html
dngz is offline   Reply With Quote