![]() |
|
|
|
#19 | |
|
Give Me Resonance
|
Quote:
Im literally counting down the days til im free of AT&T (38 Left) I'm like a kid waiting for christmas. I've played with it numerous times at verizon stores. im going crazy.
__________________
![]() (3) 12" Alpine Type R Subs/Hifonics BXi1208D Hifonics ZXi6.5c / 2006 Kicker ZX350.4 Knu Fleks 1/0 Wiring & In Big 3 Optima Yellow Top Battery/Iraggi HO Alternator Alpine CDA-105, KCA-420i/KCA-121b/KCE-400BT PG TLD22 8V Line Driver |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#20 |
|
'07 to '12:2 wipers to 1?
Drives: '12 5-door LE & '14 5-door LE Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Orlando
Posts: 1,999
|
MyTouch3g non-rooted as I'm still in the learning curve. just to clarify I hope most of you understand when someone says 'droid' they're referring to a phone by motorola.
Android phones are phones running an operating system called android. the droid does run android ironically, yet they're paying George Lucas for the use of the name....motorola=idiots when it comes to name choice |
|
|
|
|
|
#21 |
![]() ![]() Drives: 2010 Yaris 3dr liftback Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 82
|
My phone is soo smart it can call people and take pictures. Anything more and It would just be another computer and I already have 4 of those.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#22 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Blazing Blue Join Date: May 2007
Location: Appleton, WI
Posts: 647
|
3GS
|
|
|
|
|
|
#23 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 07 Yaris S Sedan 5-Speed Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,179
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#24 |
![]() ![]() ![]() |
I love my iPhone 3g.
Plus with my upgrade through AT&T it was only 100 dollars, hard to pass up. My girlfriend and I both used to have blackberries and absolutely HATED them. Terrible user interface, froze constantly, crappy browser, and cheaply constructed. I can't say too much about any of the other smart phones because I have no experience with them. All I know is that by the time I got rid of my blackberry, I hated it so much that I smashed it with a hammer... And that felt amazing. |
|
|
|
|
|
#25 | |
![]() ![]() Drives: 2010 Yaris 3dr liftback Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 82
|
Quote:
![]() Heck for 600+ I could get a rear brake conversion kit
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#26 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 07 Yaris S Sedan 5-Speed Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,179
|
Quote:
But if you have the freedom to jump online periodically throughout the day, it's great. It's a great tool if you need to find out about something, find a place/business, while you're on the go ect... And remember, in most cases, smartphones are only about $200-$300 with a two year plan. Not $600. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#27 |
![]() ![]() Drives: 2010 Yaris 3dr liftback Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 82
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#28 |
![]() ![]() Drives: 2008 Yaris LB 5 speed Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Boxborough, MA
Posts: 140
|
I have an iphone 3g. Love it! Hate AT&T My g/f just got a Droid. It's really cool but has to be reboot every now nad then b/c of glitches. Verizon coverage is great around here.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#29 |
![]() ![]() ![]() |
more people having iPhones now makes them just that much more fun to me considering the apps that work with other iPhones.
... That was worded really poorly but I think it makes sense, haha. Plus, there must be a reason why iPhones ar so much more popular than other smart phones... Think quality ;) |
|
|
|
|
|
#30 | |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() |
Quote:
root and a good build of android from a decent coder *cough*CM*cough* makes the WORLD of difference with speed, battery life, glitches, everything. I was actually dissatisfied with it until I did it. the thing I love the most is the multitasking. everything you can think to do at once, it can do. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#31 |
![]() ![]() Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto
Posts: 100
|
I have a Nokia E71.
Stainless steel body, great form factor, all the features you could hope for, and fantastic battery life. It looks like a Blackberry, but doesn't feel like you're talking into a Pop-Tart. S60 takes some getting used to, but it's a quick OS. |
|
|
|
|
|
#32 | |
|
Super Moderator
Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 5,155
|
Quote:
Nokia E71 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...kia-_-75205116 thanks very much for all the ideas, guys. I love it. A lot of ideas to look into. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#33 | |
|
Super Moderator
Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 5,155
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#34 | ||
|
Super Moderator
Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 5,155
|
Quote:
Quote:
I forgot to say that call quality as well as internet speed is important. the iPhone isn't spectacular in either. Don't take it the wrong way, though, I know it's a cool device just wondering if there is something else that would meet my needs that's all ![]() can you please explain briefly what that means? Thanks |
||
|
|
|
|
|
#35 |
|
Super Moderator
Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 5,155
|
gonna check the rest of the comments later, I'm at CNET right now, looking at your recommendations.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#36 |
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Drives: 09 3dr LB MT Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Posts: 681
|
iPhone 2g (second hand). I had an HTC Quickfire (Quicksilver?), not sure of the name anymore. I had so many issues with that phone and the touch screen. 6 months into use and it hardly worked at all for me. The boyfriend was able to upgrade his phone (iPhone 2g) to the iPhone 3g, and he gave me his 2g since I still had 1.5 years left on the contract before I could upgrade again for a lower price.
I love the iPhone. I wish I had the ability to send SMS (still not available on the 2g, even with most recent software release). The amount of apps out there are phenomenal. The ones I use the most are Facebook, LoseIt (helping me track my calorie intake so I can lose weight), Pandora, The Weather Channel, and of course text messaging. I have a bunch of games that I play when I'm bored or forgot to grab a book for the daily train ride. I also have an app for reading MS Word/Excel files on the phone (thank you Google Docs for the tranferrability too)!
__________________
2009 3dr LB MT Meteorite Metalic. Car bought 8/7/09. Now over 89k miles of trouble free driving, other than user error!!
|
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| *rant* Last Nokia phone I ever buy | eTiMaGo | Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions | 13 | 02-27-2007 06:29 PM |