Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-09-2006, 03:04 PM   #19
vodkalush
I drive a yarrrris

Drives: 07 Sedan Polar White
Send a message via AIM to vodkalush
yah, i dont really follow the release dates of the consoles... infact if it wasnt for southpark I woulnt have known it was close to the release date... while talking to a friend he said the ps3 is being release at/near the same time as the Wii, so the demand for the Wii should be has high.

but now i've already posted more about a video game console then I wish to have. so i bid farwell to all in this thread

Docotrs say all the drikning has mesesd up my seplilng and radieng

will work for parts
vodkalush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 04:02 PM   #20
ceres
Club Baby Seals

Drives: Yaris Sedan
PS3 is being released something like 4 days before the Wii. My boyfriend and I may hang out at a local Walmart to get the Wii. He wants the PS3 but is going to wait till 2007. I may end up just waiting on the Wii as well. More issues with defects for the first bunch that go out.
ceres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 04:12 PM   #21
07WYarisRS
HardlyDangerous

Drives: 09 Yaris LE, H/B, auto
I'll be waiting to scoup up a couple PS2 from the Sony store after the release of the PS3
The guy that works there said they will be selling them as low as $80
could make a good Christmas gift for the neice
Old 11-09-2006, 04:16 PM   #22
ceres
Club Baby Seals

Drives: Yaris Sedan
How old is the neice? Cause a gamecube will probably be even cheaper and has a lot more to offer along the lines of original games for kids. Pikmin is a kids game that was awesome even at the age of 21 for me. Has all the Pokemon games as well though I never play those.
ceres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 10:50 PM   #23
static808
Engineer/Artist/House-Dad

Drives: 2006 Toyota Sienna XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaris Revenge
)...

BTW, the original Rygar kicks freakin' ASS! It was so strange!

~YR
hahaha, its nice to know there are others here that admire and respect the games that all of todays games are based off of. as soon as games needed you to use your index fingers in ADDITION to your thumbs, i got completely lost. the controls for the current sports and shooter games have become soo complex, and i'm only 26 years old, so it's not like im some old fart that reminisces about the good ol' days of the commodore 64 (many of you will be too young to know what that is...). i just wished companies would bring back some cool side-scrolling 2D games with some good graphics, like metroid, contra, bomberman, metal slug, etc...

--B
Old 11-10-2006, 04:41 AM   #24
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
static808, I completely agree with you, although I do very much enjoy cutting-edge games, the simplicity and addictiveness of classic games is something that is very much difficult to come by these days

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 09:37 AM   #25
07WYarisRS
HardlyDangerous

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceres
How old is the neice? Cause a gamecube will probably be even cheaper and has a lot more to offer along the lines of original games for kids. Pikmin is a kids game that was awesome even at the age of 21 for me. Has all the Pokemon games as well though I never play those.
She's 11

She had a gamecube for a while until it was pulled off the entertainment center one too many times. Now she only has the ol N64. She was not to fond of the majority of the nintendo games at the time though.

She's more into the teen/adult games and every chance she gets she here using my PS2.

She seems to enjoy the PC, Xbox, PS2 games more like Dance revolution, Guitar hero, Tombraider, Crash Team Racing, Driver, even Ghost Recon's. She's actually pretty good to.
Old 11-10-2006, 09:42 AM   #26
07WYarisRS
HardlyDangerous

Quote:
Originally Posted by static808
hahaha, its nice to know there are others here that admire and respect the games that all of todays games are based off of. as soon as games needed you to use your index fingers in ADDITION to your thumbs, i got completely lost. the controls for the current sports and shooter games have become soo complex, and i'm only 26 years old, so it's not like im some old fart that reminisces about the good ol' days of the commodore 64 (many of you will be too young to know what that is...). i just wished companies would bring back some cool side-scrolling 2D games with some good graphics, like metroid, contra, bomberman, metal slug, etc...

--B
My first PC was a Commadore PET.
Good old 4 track casset games. The games it came with were pong and space invaders.
Old 11-10-2006, 11:01 PM   #27
swng

Drives: 06 3-dr auto RS
Poor me, still playing Super Mario Brothers games occasionally.
Anyone remembers Zanac?

Last edited by swng; 11-11-2006 at 02:06 PM.
swng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 09:36 AM   #28
pxpaulx

Drives: Barcelona Red 5spd sedan
i played excite truck at the local gamestop last night (yes, they have wii demo units now, remember to bring your ID and a credit card so they'll give you a controller!). it was a blast, although not really up my alley. for awhile i kept trying to use the D-pad to turn - it is way simpler than that though! i was a zombie playing it, next sunday can't come soon enough!
pxpaulx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 10:59 AM   #29
pxpaulx

ok, i'm at work today, and i probably would've re-hashed this thread yesterday, except my wife and i were having THE BEST CONSOLE GAMING EXPERIENCE EVER ALL DAY LONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

all we have is the included game, Wii sports. played from 12:15am to 4am saturday night, up again by 8 and played it on and off all day. it never gets boring, its like you're bowling, playing baseball, tennis, golf or boxing in your living room. i cant contain my excitement for it, it is such a fun experience. that and making a bunch of Miis is even fun too! ok, back to work.
Old 11-20-2006, 11:06 AM   #30
the_saint
50% borikén

Drives: 06 Mazda5, 90 240sx
^^lol you sound all giddy like a school girl!

I can't wait to get my hands on a Wii...maybe, if I'm a good little boy, Santa will bring me one.

Garson - D.A.D. aero
Zuenglein Dolci wheels
the_saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 11:49 AM   #31
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
I'm not big into recent consoles and am partial to the Xbox systems over others, but I'll even admit I played a Wii yesterday and now I want one! We had four people playing bowling and it felt like we had really went to the lanes, sans the cheap pitchers of PBR.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 01:15 PM   #32
pxpaulx

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_saint
^^lol you sound all giddy like a school girl!

I can't wait to get my hands on a Wii...maybe, if I'm a good little boy, Santa will bring me one.
like, OMG, totally. hahahahhaha, everytime i think of it i'm smiling at work, it is way too much fun. i have super monkeyball and trauma center on their way from gamefly that should arrive today to give me more great joy. Santa better be vigilant because the Wii will be scarce this season, even with 4 million shipping to the US! I'm glad i had a preorder - yeah its lame - i've never looked forward to a console before, but i've had my eye on Wii since the controllers debuted at E3 whenever that was this year (saw the video of it on cnet and fell in love). good thing my wife wasn't working that fateful thursday so she could stand in line for me (she was the only girl, of course she had to make a point of letting everyone there that she was getting it for her husband; now she's picking up the controllers more than i am!) - i dont have any vacation left this year! anyways, gamestop opened at 11pm saturday so everyone could pay for everything and play the Wii there, they gave us cookies and pop, and at midnight everyone left with their bag. smooth and easy, not like getting a PS3 was i'm sure!
Old 11-21-2006, 12:03 AM   #33
spkrman
Banned

Drives: 1
wii in the yaris? easy fit, might just happen :)

I like the controller setup, I can see havin some fun at shows with that thing!
spkrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 01:25 AM   #34
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Quote:
Originally Posted by spkrman
wii in the yaris? easy fit, might just happen :)

I like the controller setup, I can see havin some fun at shows with that thing!
How inthe world would you use the motion controllers?

Would be great to play the classic games on the normal gamepad though!

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 11:54 AM   #35
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Yeah, a Wii in any car makes no sense... it crossed my mind for a second until I saw someone swinging their controller and knocking me out of gear or something, haha.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 12:11 PM   #36
the_saint
50% borikén

Drives: 06 Mazda5, 90 240sx
Yeah...I imagine bowling would be pretty awkward in a car. lol

Garson - D.A.D. aero
Zuenglein Dolci wheels
the_saint is offline   Reply With Quote