Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-08-2011, 11:41 PM   #19
big lo

Drives: 2007 VIOS
Angry

This effects the ppl of Puerto Rico, thus far there are more than 45000 ppl that where let go from Government jobs and more to be let go through this non sense. Its sad because the majority of all Government workers have family's etc and that will hit them even more sometimes I wished I lived somewhere else, me being a Brooklyn native this pisses me off big time cause I to work for the Government.
TRD sportivo springs,Tokico Blue Shock/Struts,TRD rear sway bar & front bar,Tanabe engine bar,MI hoses (red), MI engine cover,SRI intake,VIOS vent visors,VIOS foglights,VIOS tails (HELLA lights & the Series 5 too),VIOS radio,VIOS badge,VIOS grill,18 inch R-1 rims wrapped in nankang tires 215/35-18z,chrome handles,retrofited the headlights, SHARK body kit (VIOS), Coming soon projectors heads with LED strip, Custom seats, MI hood lifts,MI momo steering wheel, sound system :)
big lo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 11:56 PM   #20
p123456789

Drives: 07 lb jeep tj
I'd like to know what the affect of the last government shutdown was I'm too young to remember. The thing that alarms me the most is our military not getting paid fully and on time, its a dumb move to put our budget off for so long that we have to shutdown the government.
p123456789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 12:03 AM   #21
SilverBack
Joey

Drives: '14 Scion xD 5-speed
Send a message via AIM to SilverBack
Exactly. Nothing's gonna happen.

And my apologies if this was headed into a heated political debate. Honestly, no harm meant

A forum post should be like a skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep things interesting.

"I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem." -Hank Hill
SilverBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 12:35 AM   #22
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
No worries, Joey.
Old 04-09-2011, 01:44 AM   #23
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Drives: C300 / Del Sol
Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
Ok let's move this more into a point. All this its happening because of whats going on with the economy which BTW I think it's just doing ok,not how we all and they all want it but just ok. So there for to make up and save on payroll and other things (unknown) they are willing to shut down federal paying jobs. Why? Idk and who gets affected the most is the people that are actually working for their hard earn money to provide for their family.

NOW that been said, how many of you knows how much does a politician gets paid?
How many of you knows how much soldiers get paid? Not to mention the huge bonus you get when you get deployed. Do you know how much the US spends a year in supplies, wages and payroll? I understand supplies they need it.

My point is the US military has nothing to look for over seas any more or at least not as many there is over there, think on how much we could save and have available when you return most of them people specially high rank officers that all they do is sit in their office or tents doing nothing while the low paid soldier/airman/marines or seal is busting his or hers chops or even getting killed the millions of $ we could save from having to send supplies let alone the fuel for planes to transport it which is not cheap AT ALL, bottom point retrieve excessive militants that could be enjoying time with their families witch I am sure they would value that more then a big bonus on their check.

Cut wages to politicians that are just abusing of their authority and power using private jets, getting vehicles at government expenses or even better get that person replaced with someone that actually DO care because they been there and know how it is. Think of the millions if not BILLIONS OR TRILLIONS the government would have to count with if needed by doing so but hey what do I know I am just 26 yo who is just starting with life.
JumpmanYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 03:17 AM   #24
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
You know, I gotta agree that the economy is doing a heck of a lot better than it was 2 or 3 years ago when businesses were folding like crazy and our stocks were down in the toilet...
Old 04-10-2011, 01:19 AM   #25
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

Drives: トヨタ Vitz
In conclusion, obama IS doing something better for this country. What bush messed up, obama has to spend time in fixing.

Those that say obama isnt doing anything......well you people probably didnt file taxes the last year or so and dont pay attention to the news....plain and simple.

I was in elementary in 1995, so id like to see what impact this govt shut down day or week will have.

School buses pretty much dont run to schools in my city...dont think it can get any worse for californians here....haha. we are already facing the most cuts than any other place in tge USA.
Kioshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 03:39 PM   #26
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Drives: C300 / Del Sol
Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
Shutdown Averted
JumpmanYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 04:27 PM   #27
frownonfun

Drives: 09 Yaris HB, 08 SR5 Tundra
Quote:
Originally Posted by STC View Post
"Bread and Circuses" That's what I feel.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bread_and_circuses

There is no working government. It is an illusion. This is what I mean by the false political dichotomy. A two party system that represents itself to the American people that there is a difference. But in actuality, both are really the same when all is said and done. They are not working for you and I. And why? Because we play into it! We fuel its engine. We pick a side... the left or the right. We want our team to win. Watching TV you can see the game. Everything is a show now. Meanwhile, the real crux of the problem stems from the system of fractional reserve banking... the control of the globalized money supply - International Monetary Fund, Bank for International Settlements, World Bank, and all the centralized banks. But, heck we got, "Dancing With The Stars."

Cheers!

So what do you suppose we can do to overthrow the powers that be if not through the political system? And I don't ask to be disagreeable, I sincerely wanna know what you think. Feel free to PM me if you want so that we don't spark an ugly spat on the thread. I'm hoping you have some input because I don't know that I'm ready to resign myself to a life of Monday Night Football and indentured servitude.

I crush you like tiny clown car, because you are clown, yes?
frownonfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 06:32 PM   #28
RedRide

Drives: '09 Yaris carmine red 2d HB
Our county is on the verge of being completerly taken over by the corporations (and the polititians that are in their hip pockets) and the complete destruction of the middle, working class.
We will all be complete slaves to the very few who hold all the money!

How long are we going fall for the complete lie that the more money we make for and give the very rich, the better they will treat us and the more jobs they will somehow create out of the goodness of their hearts?

So, vote wisely if you truly love your country!
RedRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 06:39 PM   #29
SilverBack
Joey

Drives: '14 Scion xD 5-speed
Send a message via AIM to SilverBack
Why even bother voting anymore? Doesn't matter who in power wins the next elections, we still lose.

A forum post should be like a skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep things interesting.

"I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem." -Hank Hill
SilverBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 07:05 PM   #30
RedRide

Drives: '09 Yaris carmine red 2d HB
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBack View Post
Why even bother voting anymore? Doesn't matter who in power wins the next elections, we still lose.
That is exacty what they are counting on...... apapthy of the masses.

However the wotking class is revolting en masse around the world and the US poulation is finlly starting to wake up to the truth!
RedRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 07:43 PM   #31
Freedan

Drives: 2010 Yaris Bayou Blue 3DR Lift
http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Give that a look see and you'll realize that 38 billion in "cuts" is nothing. The Deficit for this year is over 1.7 Trillion and everyone is fighting over 38 billion. Does that make sense to anyone here?

If you took home 2k a month and spends 3k every month, how long can you last by cutting back 38 bucks?
Freedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 08:22 AM   #32
STC
"LibertyRides!"

Drives: 2010 Yaris 3Dr LB | 2020 Stang
Quote:
Originally Posted by frownonfun View Post
So what do you suppose we can do to overthrow the powers that be if not through the political system? And I don't ask to be disagreeable, I sincerely wanna know what you think. Feel free to PM me if you want so that we don't spark an ugly spat on the thread. I'm hoping you have some input because I don't know that I'm ready to resign myself to a life of Monday Night Football and indentured servitude.
Your last sentence is very telling. Indentured servitude is very appropriate terminology. I must say this new indentured servitude is in a global technocratic framework. This makes it even more difficult to break the chains, because you don't know you are chained. I will PM you.

Cheers!

Most miles Tank: 538 tank/10.148 gal = 53.015 MPG / Most MPG: 54.95 MPG (ethanol) 425 tank/7.73 gal

"The evils of government are directly proportional to the tolerance of the people." -- Frank Kent
STC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 02:58 PM   #33
cdydjded

Drives: Yaris LB Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by big lo View Post
This effects the ppl of Puerto Rico, thus far there are more than 45000 ppl that where let go from Government jobs and more to be let go through this non sense. Its sad because the majority of all Government workers have family's etc and that will hit them even more sometimes I wished I lived somewhere else, me being a Brooklyn native this pisses me off big time cause I to work for the Government.
The first & biggest problem in PR is that the government is the largest employer there. The government doesnt produce anything it only sucks the blood from the private sector through taxes....
cdydjded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 03:00 PM   #34
cdydjded

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBack View Post
If we had that mentality during WWII the east coast would be talking German & the west coast would be talking Japanese. The most powerful tool we have is our vote.
Old 04-11-2011, 03:03 PM   #35
cdydjded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioshi View Post
In conclusion, obama IS doing something better for this country.
Please name one thing he did to improve this country. Gitmo still open, Afgan & Iraq still going on, oil $110 a barrel, Gold $1550 an ounce, 4 Trillion in debt, unemployment 9%....
Old 04-11-2011, 03:05 PM   #36
cdydjded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioshi View Post

Those that say obama isnt doing anything......well you people probably didnt file taxes the last year or so and dont pay attention to the news....plain and simple.
BTW I paid $4505 last year in taxes & I listen to the radio all day long while working & on the way home in my car.....