Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > California
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2009, 08:23 PM   #1
tk-421
Super Moderator
 
tk-421's Avatar
 
Drives: 5D-07-LB
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Dagobah
Posts: 4,262
This whole paint thing has me confused. Why is only black paint being singled out, when other dark colors are just as "evil"? i.e. dark green, dark blue, etc.
__________________
tk-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 08:28 PM   #2
daf62757
Nothing beats a Toyota!
 
daf62757's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Yaris 5 dr liftback
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Posts: 564
Liberal ideology is going to ruin this country.
__________________
Big Dave
Indianapolis, IN

Synthetic Oil....its in my car.....for at least 10,000 miles!

daf62757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 09:13 PM   #3
frownonfun
 
frownonfun's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 Yaris HB, 08 SR5 Tundra
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: RGV, Texas
Posts: 1,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by daf62757 View Post
Liberal ideology is going to ruin this country.
see i was not all that annoyed when this thread turned to state bashing but can we not go here. liberals and their ideals aren't the cause of all the country's ills. please don't make stupid sweeping statements like this.
frownonfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 09:24 PM   #4
bobselectric
Kickin' Yaris
 
bobselectric's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 Yaris liftback
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: west harrison, ny
Posts: 523
Quote:
Originally Posted by frownonfun View Post
see i was not all that annoyed when this thread turned to state bashing but can we not go here. liberals and their ideals aren't the cause of all the country's ills. please don't make stupid sweeping statements like this.
hmmm... Community Reinvestment Act, ACORN, ACLU
bobselectric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 11:08 PM   #5
supmet
Banned
 
Drives: 2007 4 Door Yaris
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,357
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobselectric View Post
hmmm... Community Reinvestment Act, ACORN, ACLU
Patriot Act, Enron, Halliburton, Department of Homeland Security, AIG, Auto Bailouts, Never ending pointless wars

George W Bush?

Should we keep playing? Lump me in with acorn and I lump you in with all of them
supmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 12:16 AM   #6
frownonfun
 
frownonfun's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 Yaris HB, 08 SR5 Tundra
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: RGV, Texas
Posts: 1,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by supmet View Post
Patriot Act, Enron, Halliburton, Department of Homeland Security, AIG, Auto Bailouts, Never ending pointless wars

George W Bush?

Should we keep playing? Lump me in with acorn and I lump you in with all of them

THANK YOU!! i am about as liberal as they come. still i don't go around blaming all you rich white over privileged right wing religious nuts for every bad thing that happens in my life. nor do i go around crying about how bush turned everything to shit. cuz he didn't. seems to me there is more than one party in this political system we got going here so if something is screwed up it stands to reason that we are all to blame.


EDIT: oh and, socialism FTW!!

Last edited by frownonfun; 03-30-2009 at 12:19 AM. Reason: i forgot something
frownonfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 12:43 AM   #7
tomato
Super Moderator
 
tomato's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 5,155
Quote:
Originally Posted by supmet View Post
... Patriot Act...
Don't even get me started with the $!#!@#$ so called "patriot" act

Keeping terrorists out of the country is one thing. Annoying Americans with unnecessary paperwork when they're trying to conduct legitimate business is a different thing!!

Am I the only one who had to fill out unnecessary paperwork at the dealership due to the so-called Patriot Act? I seem to recall from previous threads people reporting the same thing in various states.

If they think we're going to fly the little Yaris into a tall building, they're clearly overestimating the power of the little car.
tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 08:43 PM   #8
tomato
Super Moderator
 
tomato's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 5,155
^
tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 09:18 PM   #9
cali yaris
ULTIMATE
 
cali yaris's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Canoga Park, CA
Posts: 14,857
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Quote:
This whole paint thing has me confused. Why is only black paint being singled out, when other dark colors are just as "evil"? i.e. dark green, dark blue, etc.
Black paint is not being singled out (read my post) --
__________________
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 12:23 AM   #10
JBougie
Banned
 
JBougie's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Yaris LB (Prev: 07 Sedan)
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Beech Bluff, TN
Posts: 1,266
Quote:
Originally Posted by frownonfun View Post
THANK YOU!! i am about as liberal as they come. still i don't go around blaming all you rich white over privileged right wing religious nuts for every bad thing that happens in my life. nor do i go around crying about how bush turned everything to shit. cuz he didn't. seems to me there is more than one party in this political system we got going here so if something is screwed up it stands to reason that we are all to blame.


EDIT: oh and, socialism FTW!!
^ That is the scariest thing I've ever read....
*shiver*

I'm not over privileged, or full white ... I don't know many conservatives who are, actually .... so that's just not a very nice generalization. And I (individually) make a little under $40k a year ... so I am surely not rich lol


(PS - Sorry for jumping in, I'm not from Cali ... lol ... I just saw the thread title and was like WTF? No black paint? Huh?")
JBougie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 12:56 AM   #11
tomato
Super Moderator
 
tomato's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 5,155
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBougie View Post
^ That is the scariest thing I've ever read....
*shiver*

I'm not over privileged, or full white ... I don't know many conservatives who are, actually .... so that's just not a very nice generalization. And I (individually) make a little under $40k a year ... so I am surely not rich lol


(PS - Sorry for jumping in, I'm not from Cali ... lol ... I just saw the thread title and was like WTF? No black paint? Huh?")
JBougie, don't worry, nobody cares if you're not from Cali!

Don't worry, we're NOWHERE NEAR socialism!! I don't think we'll see socialism in this country in our lifetime, but that's just my opinion
tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 09:02 PM   #12
frownonfun
 
frownonfun's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 Yaris HB, 08 SR5 Tundra
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: RGV, Texas
Posts: 1,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBougie View Post
^ That is the scariest thing I've ever read....
*shiver*

I'm not over privileged, or full white ... I don't know many conservatives who are, actually .... so that's just not a very nice generalization. And I (individually) make a little under $40k a year ... so I am surely not rich lol


(PS - Sorry for jumping in, I'm not from Cali ... lol ... I just saw the thread title and was like WTF? No black paint? Huh?")
yes people tend to fear things they don't comprehend. but it's like someone else stated in this thread... it's likely to never ever happen. most of us just aren't capable of a truly philanthropic mindset at this point. oh well.
frownonfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 09:20 PM   #13
JBougie
Banned
 
JBougie's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Yaris LB (Prev: 07 Sedan)
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Beech Bluff, TN
Posts: 1,266
Quote:
Originally Posted by frownonfun View Post
yes people tend to fear things they don't comprehend. but it's like someone else stated in this thread... it's likely to never ever happen. most of us just aren't capable of a truly philanthropic mindset at this point. oh well.
I fully comprehend socialism.


And I fully disagree with it. Trust me. I understand it .... I am one of the most political people I know ... I've read a thing or two about the subject. lol
JBougie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 12:28 PM   #14
SMALLNUMBERS
BLACKED OUT
 
Drives: 2008 Yaris Sedan S
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hawthorne CA!
Posts: 61
wow, this has quickly become one of the MOST interesting threads EVER on here!
true feelings have emerged with fake "j/k" after them....lol, hey- be you! if you got hate for someone, at least be honest about it.....

Last edited by SMALLNUMBERS; 03-30-2009 at 01:22 PM.
SMALLNUMBERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 04:18 PM   #15
cali yaris
ULTIMATE
 
cali yaris's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Canoga Park, CA
Posts: 14,857
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
[ really really weak attempt to get back on topic ]

Are we clear at least that black paint isn't being singled out?
__________________
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 04:23 PM   #16
SMALLNUMBERS
BLACKED OUT
 
Drives: 2008 Yaris Sedan S
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hawthorne CA!
Posts: 61
^ AGREED.
SMALLNUMBERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 08:16 PM   #17
BaknBlak
 
BaknBlak's Avatar
 
Drives: Black '07 HB A
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Middleburg Florida
Posts: 148
I wander what government people know about cars. What a waste of time. I believe Toyota is going to be putting solar panels on the roof to run the A/C in their attempt to remove all belts from the front(or should I say the side) of the engine. Soon enough you'll be picking the color for only the sides of your car if you get a Honda or Toyota. At about this same time the G ppl 'll decide the paint issue was a big waste of time, what with solar panels and all,,,
BaknBlak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 08:39 PM   #18
SilverBack
Joey
 
SilverBack's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 Scion xD 5-speed
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: El Monte, Ca
Posts: 3,530
Send a message via AIM to SilverBack
If the govt. really wants to save energy they should get the politicians to stop idlingly (grammar check please) running their mouths. ..You could power a city with all that hot air...
__________________
Formerly owned Met-Met. '07 Yaris LB 5-speed.

A forum post should be like a skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep things interesting.

"I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem." -Hank Hill
SilverBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Black Lip Kit Opinions ruimond Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior) 14 03-04-2009 11:49 PM
Scion Evolution Douchbaggery sdmf Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions 38 08-21-2007 04:14 AM
Matte Black or Hyper Black cm07yaris Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack 28 07-23-2007 02:12 PM
Wax on Black Trim on Exterior GTSRacer Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs 8 04-17-2007 05:19 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:32 AM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.