Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Fuel Economy Forum
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2006, 10:06 AM   #613
argylesocks
Bears eat beets.
 
argylesocks's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris LB
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: manch
Posts: 202
just filled up for $2.25/gal in NH.

averaged 41.2mpg (again)
lifetime average: 40.3mpg
__________________
Free veggie starter kit!
argylesocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 10:25 PM   #614
asa805
 
Drives: 07 White 2dr Yaris Hatch
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 38
Can you all please give more info on your mileage (instaed of just posting the actual numbers), like where you are driving, if its long trips or not, highway or city? etc...

I got 28 mpg on my last fillup. Im in NY - ethanol blend state, most of my trips are between 5 and 15 minutes long and i drive about 15% highway (though not for long periods). The 28 is an improvement from the 25-26 ive been getting on earlier tanks. I think my tank is getting broken in (about 1700 miles thus far).
asa805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 10:49 PM   #615
Lafiro
 
Drives: 06 Yaris Sedan
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 694
Send a message via AIM to Lafiro
Huh, why me!!

Im only seeing around 29-32mpg average. Thats a lot of street(city) driving.
Any highway driving, seriously, I do 70-90 average. No I do NOT obey any speed limit, ever.

My last tank I got 27.8mpg!!!!!! OMG!!!!!

Differences in my car then yours? Almost always have a passenger, have a 100+pound box with 2 12"s sitting in the back. Amp, cap, school books, inverter... always blasting music..... and always rev'ing high. Oh and sitting on some 17's.

Maybe this is all why I dont see the 34-36mpg I use to get when I first got my car? Oh well, better then the 15-20mpg my last car use to get(without AC/any music and stuff)
Lafiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 09:45 AM   #616
Ziv
It's all about VVTI
 
Ziv's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris 5Dr LE White
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 308
Just got back from Montreal. Like 90% Highway (120+) 10% Cities.

A record for me! 6.81415 L/100Km. Or 41.4737 MPG!

Now if only I can get that kinda result in the city.....
__________________
Ziv on Vitz '06.
Ziv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 09:47 AM   #617
argylesocks
Bears eat beets.
 
argylesocks's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris LB
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: manch
Posts: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafiro
Im only seeing around 29-32mpg average. Thats a lot of street(city) driving.
Any highway driving, seriously, I do 70-90 average. No I do NOT obey any speed limit, ever.

My last tank I got 27.8mpg!!!!!! OMG!!!!!

Differences in my car then yours? Almost always have a passenger, have a 100+pound box with 2 12"s sitting in the back. Amp, cap, school books, inverter... always blasting music..... and always rev'ing high. Oh and sitting on some 17's.

Maybe this is all why I dont see the 34-36mpg I use to get when I first got my car? Oh well, better then the 15-20mpg my last car use to get(without AC/any music and stuff)

easy solution. stop driving fast. dont rev high. it aint a race car.
no reason why you cant be getting high 30's easily.

im getting about 41mpg.
tires: 42psi
highway speeds: 55-60mph
city: always coasting in N when i can... plan ahead for stoplights so i dont have to stop. easy starts. no high revs... keep in higher gear.
__________________
Free veggie starter kit!
argylesocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 11:21 AM   #618
daq421
MPG is the new cool
 
daq421's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 Yaris sedan (silver) Auto
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Livermore, CA
Posts: 116
Send a message via AIM to daq421
Quote:
Originally Posted by argylesocks
easy solution. stop driving fast. dont rev high. it aint a race car.
no reason why you cant be getting high 30's easily.

im getting about 41mpg.
tires: 42psi
highway speeds: 55-60mph
city: always coasting in N when i can... plan ahead for stoplights so i dont have to stop. easy starts. no high revs... keep in higher gear.
55 - 60 mph on the Freeway?
Here in california that would get you killed...
Partly because the posted limit is 65 and partly because the average flow speed is 70 - 75mph. Traveling at 55 or 60 on the highway around here, in this little car, would make you into a speed bump for some SUV.

-Peter
__________________
daq421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 02:27 PM   #619
argylesocks
Bears eat beets.
 
argylesocks's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris LB
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: manch
Posts: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by tds12
I have driven a total of 1650 miles on my HB. Overall is 38.9 MPG. When the tank is 100% highway it is 41 MPG. All with the air conditioning on.

for some reason, as im scrolling down the page, i always stop to read your posts..... hmm... must be some subconcious thing or something....
__________________
Free veggie starter kit!
argylesocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 04:38 PM   #620
vodkalush
I drive a yarrrris
 
vodkalush's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 Sedan Polar White
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 1,009
Send a message via AIM to vodkalush
Average drive speeds/mpg are:
city - 40/45mph -------- about 36mpg
highway - 65-75mph ----------- about 38-40mpg
thruway (toll roads) 75-85mph ----- 35-37mpg
__________________

Docotrs say all the drikning has mesesd up my seplilng and radieng


will work for parts
vodkalush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 10:56 AM   #621
nsmitchell
 
nsmitchell's Avatar
 
Drives: LB-Auto-PWR-ABS-Cruise-Springs
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 1,065
Quote:
Originally Posted by argylesocks
for some reason, as im scrolling down the page, i always stop to read your posts..... hmm... must be some subconcious thing or something....
TDS12 - I thought I was the only one... Gives new meaning to the word "Post"...
nsmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 03:29 PM   #622
Frink
 
Frink's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Yaris RS 5 door 5 speed
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 18
I was averaging between 6.1 to 6.6 l/100km per tank.
I just got 5.6 l/100km from my last tank by coasting, not rushing up to red lights and just basically going easy on the car.
70% rural 30% city, lots of hills, 50km commute.
Next I'm going to inflate the tires to around 40psi and I'm considering switching to synthetic oil.
Frink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 11:36 AM   #623
sam07yaris
 
sam07yaris's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 yaris sedan (silver) STICK
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tiverton, RI
Posts: 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickNickNick
My last highway trip I drove 710kms on 38-39 litres.

My last city fill was 31L on 478kms.

I will say that I live in Saskatchewan, and there are virtually NO hills at all, though the highways are crappy enough that there is a lot of slowing and accelerating on the highway.

I totally agree with you on your MPG I was getting around 52.9 on average highway and 44 city. But that was a month or so. I commute to school which has lots of upward hills and hence is the reason in reduction of mpg by -6 mpg
sam07yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 07:33 PM   #624
swng
 
swng's Avatar
 
Drives: 06 3-dr auto RS
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: BC
Posts: 1,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam07yaris
I totally agree with you on your MPG I was getting around 52.9 on average highway and 44 city. But that was a month or so. I commute to school which has lots of upward hills and hence is the reason in reduction of mpg by -6 mpg
Wow! Your numbers are great! I achieve about 40.5 mpg (imp) on average with about 65% highway and 35% city driving (half of which is hilly) in summer. A/C on about half of the time. Can't match even your city driving fuel economy.
swng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 08:17 PM   #625
Jem_hadar
MORDSITH
 
Jem_hadar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Collingwood, ON
Posts: 632
Send a message via ICQ to Jem_hadar
Quote:
Originally Posted by swng
Wow! Your numbers are great! I achieve about 40.5 mpg (imp) on average with about 65% highway and 35% city driving (half of which is hilly) in summer. A/C on about half of the time. Can't match even your city driving fuel economy.

Im the same, getting on average 38,39,40 I guess thereabouts combined.
__________________
2007 Yaris Hatchback 5 Door LE, Manual, Package B, Bayou Blue Metallic
Jem_hadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 08:46 PM   #626
roadrunner
Yaris Hypermiler
 
roadrunner's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Silver Liftback
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Perkasie PA USA
Posts: 102
I suggest you take a visit to GasSavers.org if you want to improve your Yaris mpg. I like the useful information on their webpage.
Roadrunner
roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 10:16 AM   #627
nsmitchell
 
nsmitchell's Avatar
 
Drives: LB-Auto-PWR-ABS-Cruise-Springs
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 1,065
31.5 MPG - city and hwy.
nsmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 11:31 AM   #628
sam07yaris
 
sam07yaris's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 yaris sedan (silver) STICK
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tiverton, RI
Posts: 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by swng
Wow! Your numbers are great! I achieve about 40.5 mpg (imp) on average with about 65% highway and 35% city driving (half of which is hilly) in summer. A/C on about half of the time. Can't match even your city driving fuel economy.

Just filled up my car just a while ago down the street.

425 miles @9.6 gallons = 44.27 mpg <----- would have been higher if I wasn't speeding late for school one day and the other trying to get on time for interview.

thats my 2nd best in mileage. 3rd is 423 miles. The highest is 434 miles


price $2.33/gal
sam07yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 11:41 AM   #629
argylesocks
Bears eat beets.
 
argylesocks's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris LB
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: manch
Posts: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam07yaris
Just filled up my car just a while ago down the street.

425 miles @9.6 gallons = 44.27 mpg
wow. thats insanely cool.
nice work.
__________________
Free veggie starter kit!
argylesocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 05:05 PM   #630
sam07yaris
 
sam07yaris's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 yaris sedan (silver) STICK
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tiverton, RI
Posts: 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by argylesocks
wow. thats insanely cool.
nice work.



Well an update on that fill-up. Right now 1 bar is gone from a full tank and I have about 126 miles since I reseted the trip meter @fill up. =)
sam07yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:36 AM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.