Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-14-2009, 03:17 PM   #55
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
Definately is. The stuff they have you do is legit stuff. A couple of my friends are doing it and if you stick with it ( 3 month program ) and don't cheat yourself, you WILL get results.

It has you do all sorts of different stuff, and your muscle memory is confused and just continues to grow. It's like a 6 disc dvd set or something.
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 03:53 PM   #56
LEGATO``

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
ahhh okay
yehhh i saw the infomercial a month ago and was a little skeptical but since my friends started doing it really seems to be worth the money
Old 09-14-2009, 03:58 PM   #57
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
I'm sure you can find ripped versions of it online. All you are paying for are the dvds. No weights or etc...
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 05:10 PM   #58
counterfiend
Banned

Drives: 2005 Ford Focus
Yall make me feel like a fatass!
5'8" and 195. But i dont look really fat. Just healthy. Still run a rather quick 5k, and am pretty damn strong. I'm just stocky.
counterfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 09:37 AM   #59
LEGATO``

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
ahhhh i would totally get it ripped buut, i dont know where to find that type of thing

but yehh i've heard too from a couple sources that the p90x definitely takes commitment to finish
Old 09-19-2009, 10:44 AM   #60
DandiDani

Drives: 09' Meteorite liftback
Send a message via MSN to DandiDani
oatmeal for breakfast now im getting ready to go for a walk if i could just keep this up everyday i might see some results...
DandiDani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 11:35 AM   #61
DandiDani

hahahaha...yeah no cake. i just got back from my walk. kind of relaxing and beats being couped up in apt. our apt has a pond w geese and stuff thats really nice but its not 3miles away lol. maybe 1/8th mile. i probably get in a mile of walking if i walk the perimeter of the whole complex . ill prolly go out a lil later on at sunset too.
Old 09-19-2009, 02:05 PM   #62
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
Or, if you want, you can just tell us that you're doing it, and that you're gonna do it again [tomorrow] [day after tomorrow] [next week] if it helps motivate you.

That technique of telling other people that youre gonna do something works for some, works for me, too, because it guilts you into doing it. So the day I post "gonna wash my car and put on that second coat of wax" then I'll feel obligated to do it.
Old 09-19-2009, 02:09 PM   #63
DandiDani

yeah that is true,and i think when others can read what someone else is doing it can help to motivate them too. thats what motivated me to start getting myself back into shape.
Old 09-30-2009, 09:26 PM   #64
DandiDani

bump...anyone having any progress?
Old 09-30-2009, 10:38 PM   #65
frownonfun

Drives: 09 Yaris HB, 08 SR5 Tundra
i'm having a little. i had shoulder surgery last oct and i think i'm just finally getting to where i can work out on a regular basis pain free. so that's kinda cool. sure does suck going to the gym by yourself sometimes though. no one to talk to... no one to spot you... no on to push you a little. i think having a good workout partner is pretty essential to making any real progress. too bad all my friends are lazy beer drinking fools.

I crush you like tiny clown car, because you are clown, yes?
frownonfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 11:10 PM   #66
tomato
Super Moderator

What kind of shoulder surgery did you have, frown?
Old 10-01-2009, 07:53 AM   #67
SeaYa
Is about to 'SeaYa' later

Drives: 08 MT Sedan
Just type in any food - http://www.calorieking.com/foods/

As a competitive distance runner, while not 'overweight', each pound makes me 2 seconds/mile slower. My Ideal race weight is 147 (6' 1/4"). I was 169 three weeks ago. I splurged on chocolate and ice cream (put on 6 pounds over 5 days from eating 27 king-size chocolate bars).

This morning - 162. Here's what helped me:

Foods higher in fiber make you feel full, so you're less likely to over eat...great ones, are pears, lentils (really any raw bean), celery, and oatmeal (with raisens and bananas).

HELP WITH FOOD CRAVINGS:

A craving is my body needing some nutrient...for me...ice cream/chocolate = calcium and meat = iron/essential amino acids (protien).

Brocolli, non-fat yogurt, and fortified soy-milk took care of the calcium, and I no longer get sucked into the ice-cream aisle.

For meat, I ate more lentils, pinto beans (any raw bean...black, pinto, navy, etc....will make up the essential AA's in meat, with iron to boot). Don't want to cut out meat? Just use it as side dish or topping to a main course built around grains and veggies.

Healthy eating starts at the store. If something isn't in your house (chips, cookies, etc) you won't snack on it. Don't stockpile your indulgences around you. Make them special treats that you go out to get once or twice a week. See something you crave in a store on Monday?...pretend you bought it, and are just leaving it at the store to 'pick up' for your weekend treat on Friday. You'll either get a nice treat, or forget about the craving and avoid eating it, as opposed to having it stare you in the face every time you open the fridge.

Good luck to everyone in their goals....I'll let you know what my weight is on race day FreePress Marathon - Oct, 18!
Old 10-01-2009, 06:50 PM   #68
DandiDani

my problem is fast food...but ive been being good and havent gotten anything in a week or so. if i start making dinner every night and cut back on sodas...ill surely shed some pounds.
Old 10-01-2009, 06:57 PM   #69
tomato
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DandiDani View Post
my problem is fast food...but ive been being good and havent gotten anything in a week or so. if i start making dinner every night and cut back on sodas...ill surely shed some pounds.
For sure!!! Sodas are LOADED with calories, and so is fast food.
Can you prepare food ahead of time and freeze it? So if you get home and you're too tired to make diner, then you just pop one thing out of the freezer and have that instead of fast food? Just an idea.

Luckily, we have stores like Trader's Joe out here and even Safeway and Coscto prepare foods to take home, all you have to do is pop it in the oven or the microwave. Better than fast food!!!
Old 10-01-2009, 07:36 PM   #70
DandiDani

yeah fast food is terrible for you and i used to not eat it much but idk what happened.lol.the thing that sux is my husband works ALOT and a lot of times there is no point in me making dinner just for myself. if i do make dinner a lot of times the leftovers will stay in the fridge for what seems like forever.i take it to to work with me for lunch. but you can only eat something so many times in a row before you get sick of it.lol.i will probably have to start freezing lots of things.my mom has suggested freezing things to, but for some reason i dont end up doing it. i think i had better start!
Old 10-01-2009, 10:40 PM   #71
frownonfun

Drives: 09 Yaris HB, 08 SR5 Tundra
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomato View Post
What kind of shoulder surgery did you have, frown?
Subacromial smoothing and acromioplasty

"...may be used to treat a rotator cuff disorder if the injury is very severe or if nonsurgical treatment has failed to improve shoulder strength and movement sufficiently. Subacromial smoothing involves shaving bone or removing growths on the upper point of the shoulder blade (acromion). It removes scar tissue and damaged tendon and bursa from the joint. The surgeon may also remove small amounts of bone from the underside of the acromion and the acromioclavicular joint (acromioplasty). The goal is to take away roughness while keeping as much of the normal supporting structures as possible. This surgery creates more room in the subacromial space so that the rotator cuff tendon is not pinched or irritated and can glide smoothly beneath the acromion." - Shannon Erstad, MBA/MPH

and as for today's progress i'm eating a pecan cinnabon right now... lol... i'm gonna feel so fat afterward.

I crush you like tiny clown car, because you are clown, yes?
frownonfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 10:47 PM   #72
tomato
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by frownonfun View Post
Subacromial smoothing and acromioplasty
Thank you so much for posting this. NOW I understand!!! something's wrong with my rotator cuff but getting a straight explanation out of these doctors is like herding cats!

I have to get that surgery done, eventually, that's why I was asking when I saw that you mentined "shoulder surgery"

Right now, my range of motion is pretty bad, and going to physical therapy only marginally improves it, but what it really does is hurts like hell and creates major inflamation

I'm suprised you continued to feel pain for so long, is that just when you exercise, though?