Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-23-2012, 06:07 AM   #55
Yoda

Drives: 2008 Black Sedan
Check your pms. Just looking for a engine builder in Florida to do the work now
Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 09:10 AM   #56
Blown_xa

Drives: Scion xA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
Check your pms. Just looking for a engine builder in Florida to do the work now
Most machine shops haven't built or machined a 1nz.... The line bore tool may have to be made, and the customer is going to pay for it. Buy a block built already, trust me it will be worth it in the long run and cost effectiveness. 2 people already said they carry them, and make it a 3rd.... We have a block too.

Ptuning.com
Blown_xa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 06:21 PM   #57
pimp my yaris
C'est la vie

Drives: 2009 2 door hatchback
Do it. More is good.
pimp my yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 05:58 PM   #58
Yoda

It's going down just working out some figures.
Old 02-12-2012, 02:49 AM   #59
pimp my yaris
C'est la vie

I have heard about two cars with engine failures from running lean now. One from piston rings burning up and now a exhaust valve burnt. I am running 2azfe injectors and a very loud 255lph pump. I am running 11 to 11.5/1 afr at full throttle and its very stable. I cruise at about 13/1afr to keep it rich and running cool. I want to hear the horsepower level that will send one off those tiny stock rods through the side of my block Has anyone run into this yet? I think I am getting close to the threshold, but not sure. I am amazed how much this thing can handle so far. I said I would leave it at 5psi when I started, but its like a drug. Now I am at 10Psi and thinking about 12 when the weather gets warm again.
Old 02-12-2012, 05:27 PM   #60
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
^ hehe, that sounds familiar. I thought I'd stop at an intake and exhaust. :-o

Quote:
a very loud 255lph pump
Yes it is. Is yours in the tank?
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 12:33 AM   #61
Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimp my yaris View Post
I have heard about two cars with engine failures from running lean now. One from piston rings burning up and now a exhaust valve burnt. I am running 2azfe injectors and a very loud 255lph pump. I am running 11 to 11.5/1 afr at full throttle and its very stable. I cruise at about 13/1afr to keep it rich and running cool. I want to hear the horsepower level that will send one off those tiny stock rods through the side of my block Has anyone run into this yet? I think I am getting close to the threshold, but not sure. I am amazed how much this thing can handle so far. I said I would leave it at 5psi when I started, but its like a drug. Now I am at 10Psi and thinking about 12 when the weather gets warm again.
I would be worried at 12psi with the piggy back. But go or it if you have another mode of transportation.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:16 AM   #62
pimp my yaris
C'est la vie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
^ hehe, that sounds familiar. I thought I'd stop at an intake and exhaust. :-o

Yes it is. Is yours in the tank?
Yes, in the tank. Still runing stock fuel line and rail so far.
Old 02-16-2012, 05:03 PM   #63
maxthehax

Drives: Echo HB Turbo 6Speed
-Engine: Complete Stock @195,000kms
-F/I: Garrett GT1548 (too small), waiting for GT2252
-Boost: 8psi gonna switch to 6psi spring
-WHP: n/a
-Management: AEM FIc
-Fuel upgrade: 370cc Deathswerks injectors
-Fuel: 91 Ultramar
-Misc: 6 speed tranny
Miles on Boost: Around 18,000kms
Length of time: Around 6 months
Driving style: daily driven, 2 hours a day only highway.

Trying my best to keep the engine alive, Im not an animal with my cars :P

Changed 2 times turbo. 2xGT1548, first time I didnt had chance to see that it was way to small for my engine, I also had internal wastegate issue at this time. Now I am on the second GT1548 with a Tial external wastegate 38mm. Turbo is way to small creating so much backpressure at 4,000rpm that no more air enter the intake.

Maybe not best place to ask my question but I have one :P

I am not planning going further into engine build. I want to keep it stock, and be able to swap it at any time for another one because I do a lot of mileage. I am very satisfied tough.
1.I was wondering how much my stock fuel rail,pump and reg can stand without problem. Only rail available is the OBX one, I even own it, but find what? OBX it so scrap that after 4 times trying install there is no way to not leak. So I dont have anymore choice to stay stock.
maxthehax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 06:01 PM   #64
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

I know we offer a fuel rail, might be Golden Eagle (very good brand).
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:42 PM   #65
pimp my yaris
C'est la vie

I am still using the stock fuel rail and stock fuel line and pick up assembly in the tank. With some modification I fit a longer 255lph pump into the pick up assembly.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:58 PM   #66
maxthehax

Drives: Echo HB Turbo 6Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimp my yaris View Post
I am still using the stock fuel rail and stock fuel line and pick up assembly in the tank. With some modification I fit a longer 255lph pump into the pick up assembly.
So if Im right you say that you kept the whole setup except the fuel pump itself. I though that changing fuel pump for a walbro would require a "with return" type fuel system, so it mean New Fuel Reg and a Fitting in fuel rail. Correct me if Im wrong :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
I know we offer a fuel rail, might be Golden Eagle (very good brand).
Yes? So you have a fuel rail listed to fit my 1nz without modification, brand named Gold Eagle? What kind of price? The major problem with OBX rail (first I dont like the brand) is that completly installed, the location of the new rail doesnt sit directly in the good position. So my injectors are not well "seated" in, bolts tight you can easely play with the injectors. He looks like 1/4inch away from good position in the rail. A fuel rail is fairly simple to install, when getting the stock back on you really feel the injectors seat into the rail as you tight up the bolts.
maxthehax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 09:38 AM   #67
pimp my yaris
C'est la vie

This is my stock pick up and regulator with 255lph pump. It may not look perfect but it works.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1687.jpg (108.9 KB, 134 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1688.jpg (123.2 KB, 133 views)
Old 02-18-2012, 12:27 PM   #68
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Yes? So you have a fuel rail listed to fit my 1nz without modification, brand named Gold Eagle? What kind of price?
best to email sales.microimage@gmail.com

I got us off topic, I'm afraid
Old 02-18-2012, 06:10 PM   #69
Blown_xa

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthehax View Post
So if Im right you say that you kept the whole setup except the fuel pump itself. I though that changing fuel pump for a walbro would require a "with return" type fuel system, so it mean New Fuel Reg and a Fitting in fuel rail. Correct me if Im wrong :)

Yes? So you have a fuel rail listed to fit my 1nz without modification, brand named Gold Eagle? What kind of price? The major problem with OBX rail (first I dont like the brand) is that completly installed, the location of the new rail doesnt sit directly in the good position. So my injectors are not well "seated" in, bolts tight you can easely play with the injectors. He looks like 1/4inch away from good position in the rail. A fuel rail is fairly simple to install, when getting the stock back on you really feel the injectors seat into the rail as you tight up the bolts.
Make sure you use brand new injector seat cushions, that will help. Another trick is to stretch an o ring around the inlet neck of injector ( same size o ring which is already on injector) so the rail puts more downward pressure onto them. This prevents blowing the cushion up when running boost.

Ptuning.com
Old 03-16-2012, 03:01 PM   #70
Yoda

Thinking about ordering the GT2860RS. But its $1k :( Clutch ordered, fuel pump, rods and pistons and engine off to machine shop. Now I need injectors. What size you think for my goal with a little flex room? O and also might need a new fuel rail for the return system. Garm :)
Old 03-16-2012, 04:14 PM   #71
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
You really need to check out CTScott's fuel system analysis. So far he is being able to really dispel some base assumptions on the Yaris fuel system as well as FS req for certain HP ranges.

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:32 PM   #72
Blown_xa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
Thinking about ordering the GT2860RS. But its $1k :( Clutch ordered, fuel pump, rods and pistons and engine off to machine shop. Now I need injectors. What size you think for my goal with a little flex room? O and also might need a new fuel rail for the return system. Garm :)
I have built an xB with the GT2860rs, nice turbo. I will tell you though, that the t3 60 trim I am using produces near exact results ( spool and power curve). The t3 60 trim is about $600.

Ptuning.com