Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 09:52 PM   #73
sbergman27

Drives: 2008 Yaris Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twistoffate0817 View Post
For this thread, that is not the case. My pedal was stuck, I took it to the dealership, they could not fix it.
I do not know why people are posting on this thread bashing me.
Perhaps I'm not the only one who finds your claim to be lacking in detail, unconvincing, and quite frankly, your posting history to be suspicious?

In short, I don't believe you. That's not bashing, BTW. That's telling it like it is.

As I've posted elsewhere, to anyone who has looked at, and considered the evidence (or lack, thereof) this whole sudden acceleration frenzy stinks to high heavens. And I'm very interested in just who the man behind the curtain might be. The vanquished U.S. auto industry? The U.S. government? (Of course, those are one and the same these days, aren't they?) The usual, irresponsible, sensationalistic churn of the media, in their continuing quest to sell controversy if they can't sell real news? All of the above?

I've no special love for Toyota. But I recognize an obvious witch hunt when I see one. And will continue to counter disinformation when and where I see it.

-Steve Bergman
Old 03-09-2010, 10:38 PM   #74
chriswb

Drives: 09 Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbergman27 View Post
Perhaps I'm not the only one who finds your claim to be lacking in detail, unconvincing, and quite frankly, your posting history to be suspicious?

In short, I don't believe you. That's not bashing, BTW. That's telling it like it is.

As I've posted elsewhere, to anyone who has looked at, and considered the evidence (or lack, thereof) this whole sudden acceleration frenzy stinks to high heavens. And I'm very interested in just who the man behind the curtain might be. The vanquished U.S. auto industry? The U.S. government? (Of course, those are one and the same these days, aren't they?) The usual, irresponsible, sensationalistic churn of the media, in their continuing quest to sell controversy if they can't sell real news? All of the above?

I've no special love for Toyota. But I recognize an obvious witch hunt when I see one. And will continue to counter disinformation when and where I see it.

-Steve Bergman
Steve,

If I am understanding you correctly, and feel free to clarify if I have misinterpreted this post, you are accusing Twistoffate0817 of being an agent working for a malicious government entity whose goal is to promote the American auto companies. What would be the motivation for hiring an individual to join a small car forum in order to sabotage Toyota's reputation?
Old 03-09-2010, 10:49 PM   #75
Kal-El

Drives: 07 Yaris S Sedan 5-Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by SailDesign View Post
Just out of curiosity, I checked ToF's posting history.
A full 50% of the posts he started contain the words "Issue" or "Problem". Not pointing fingers (much), just pointing out.....
Quote:
The reason 50% of my threads made contain those words is simple: I have felt that my Yaris has been having problems since I purchased it. As I have read threads on this site I have discovered that some of my problems may not even be problems; it is just how the Yaris is.

For this thread, that is not the case. My pedal was stuck, I took it to the dealership, they could not fix it.

I do not know why people are posting on this thread bashing me. This forum is to gain information about the Yaris and that is exactly what I am doing.
Twistoffate0817, what were you previous cars? I just can't understand how you could find all these "problems" or "issues" with the Yaris. I and just about everyone who owns the Yaris is in total love with it.It has one of the highest owner satisfaction ratings in the industry. It is documented to be the most trouble free car on the market. My last car was a Lexus, and I like the Yaris better.

Here's the titles of some of your threads (describing a perfect economy car):

Quote:
Transmission issue?
Quote:
Engine Issues
Quote:
A/C & Car Issues
Quote:
Rough Automatic Shifting
Quote:
Steering Wheel Issue.
Quote:
Problems?

You're free to share your issues, but as you noted, maybe they really aren't problems but maybe you're expecting the feel of a $100K Lexus LS in a Yaris.

This is the reason we have our doubts.

That said, please stick around. No hate is intended.

Old 03-09-2010, 10:51 PM   #76
Banned

Drives: '10 Yaris5drHB+99 4runner LTD
prove it, we'll all shut up.

scan the paperwork from the dealer visit (black out your personal info) and post
it here or be forever in the Bulls**t category. nuff said
Old 03-09-2010, 11:10 PM   #77
sbergman27

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriswb View Post
If I am understanding you correctly, and feel free to clarify if I have misinterpreted this post, you are accusing Twistoffate0817 of being an agent working for a malicious government entity whose goal is to promote the American auto companies. What would be the motivation for hiring an individual to join a small car forum in order to sabotage Toyota's reputation?
No. That would be unjustified paranoia. More likely he's just impressionable and harbors an overactive imagination. Read his earlier posts. From the very beginning, he just knew it, knew it, knew it, that the Yaris was going to be next. And then he just knew it, knew it, knew it, that *his* car was going to be one of the ones affected. Lo and behold... he now thinks that it did happen to his car. (Shock! Amazement!) A sort of "car owner's" version of hypochondria, one might say.

Parties interested in discrediting Japanese auto manufacturers are quite unlikely to care, specifically, about what goes on in the YarisWorld forums. I do, however, think that a confluence of factors, including action by vested interests in the US, the usual penchant of the mass media for inventing controversy to suit their own purposes, and the limited capacity for critical thinking of (too) many members of the public have resulted in the ridiculous farce which we are now witnessing.

Last edited by sbergman27; 03-09-2010 at 11:25 PM.
Old 03-09-2010, 11:16 PM   #78
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Drives: C300 / Del Sol
Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamago View Post
this thread makes me laugh
+1
Old 03-09-2010, 11:24 PM   #79
chriswb

Drives: 09 Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbergman27 View Post
No. That would be unjustified paranoia. More likely he's just impressionable and harbors an overactive imagination. Read his earlier posts.
Steve,

I suspect it's all in his mind as well. The Yaris easily coasts at 15mph once it is warmed up without the accelerator. That being said, I do think the Toyota recalls are real. The media is paying so much attention to it because Toyota has refused to come clean, admit to the problems, and offer solutions. It stinks of an attempt by Toyota to hide issues with their cars.
Old 03-09-2010, 11:35 PM   #80
sbergman27

You are implying that credible evidence exists in support of these alleged problems. I have looked, and found none. Every purported incident of which I am aware has unexplainable holes and/or is suspicious in other ways.

I would be more inclined to take the view that the recalls are at least in part bogus. Now that the anti-Toyota propaganda bandwagon is rolling down the hill at the speed that it is, they *must* appear to be doing something, regardless of whether a real problem exists or not. This has become a major PR problem involving public perception regarding Toyota. Even the great expense of the recalls is nothing compared to what is at stake. Again... *regardless* of whether a real problem exists or not.

And the dearth of actual evidence which bears even cursory inspection is notable, to say the least.
Old 03-09-2010, 11:53 PM   #81
Kal-El

Drives: 07 Yaris S Sedan 5-Speed
So far, not one piece of evidence has been discovered regarding the cause of unintended acceleration.

I stand by the belief that every single case is driver error.
Old 03-10-2010, 01:46 AM   #82
yaris2010RS

Drives: no-longer-boosted '10 Yaris
lmfao..... this is funny.....

none the less my brake got stuck almost all the way down the other day on my way to work. it was strange. i had to slam on the brake, ABS kicked in and they wouldn't let go.....

cause......

100%my own error!! dont get me wrong it freaked the crap out of me and the first words out my mouth after i puilled over and enjoyed the smell of toasted brakes was GOD DARN TOYOTA, THEY MESSED UP ALL OF THERE SHIT!! then, after about 2 mins of snooping around and wondering what to do i realized my cd case got in the way.... lol. dont put stuff in that little compartment under the steeringwheel...that plastic should never be poped off, lol.

moral, grow up and take accountability for not taking proper planning and precautions.....

toyota did

and anyone who has a toyota must too, and not jsut use the recalls as a copout, scape goat, w.e. you will

jsut my $0.02
Old 03-10-2010, 02:22 AM   #83
sbergman27

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaris2010RS View Post
...then, after about 2 mins of snooping around and wondering what to do i realized...
Are you saying that you actually got down and personally investigated possible causes of the perceived incident? How very lame of you. All the cool kids either do what ToF did and park their car, refusing to drive it until someone else looks at it (making several posts to forums in the mean time) or call Fox News with the harrowing story of their Date With Death.

Whatever in the world possessed you to deign to crawl around and solve the problem yourself? You didn't even get to be on TV.
Old 03-10-2010, 03:24 AM   #84
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

Drives: トヨタ Vitz
Quote:
This forum is to gain information about the Yaris and that is exactly what I am doing.
You are right, i totally agree..but the information we've gained from you is barely the meat of it...please go in depth or provide the Toyota Service Rep sheet w/ your information blocked out.

Proof is all we ask of you and the rest of the people who claim of the pedal getting stuck. No proof/pics,,,you're like the rest in the media~~

There is a vast majority on here, like myself who bought the Yaris in 2006-2007, and still own the car, and drive a ton of miles (proof shown), but have yet to report this problem....even before the whole toyota recall....ONLY YOU on here my friend~

It's like a new born rabbit popping his head out of the hole because everyone else is doing it....

Last edited by Kioshi; 03-10-2010 at 03:36 AM.
Old 03-10-2010, 07:24 AM   #85
SailDesign

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El View Post
<major snippage>

That said, please stick around. No hate is intended.

My thoughts exactly.
Old 03-10-2010, 02:41 PM   #86
Twistoffate0817
My Little Blue Egg :)

Drives: '09 3 door Yaris
The Yaris is my first car. I have read some threads on here that claim the yaris has a weird ness to it. So yes, my personal error is claiming my yaris had a problem when that is exactly the way the car is supposed to be acting. I came on this website because when i bought my car the dealership said they were given this website by another yaris customer because it provided information about the car. Yes most of my threads made have to do with "problems" but that is because as I explained this is my first car and I am worried about it all the time.

As a yaris world fan, I dont appreciate the hate towards me with this thread. I have been a fan every since I signed up and support anything and everything that has to do with the Yaris.
Old 03-10-2010, 02:49 PM   #87
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
TwistofFate, relax, please.
Old 03-10-2010, 02:51 PM   #88
Twistoffate0817
My Little Blue Egg :)

Drives: '09 3 door Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomato View Post
TwistofFate, relax, please.
Trying lol. :)
Old 03-10-2010, 02:56 PM   #89
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
I hear you.

Hey, man sorry you're having all these problems. Maybe you're worrying too much, maybe you have a lemon?

Just see what the dealer says and let us know and maybe the peeps on the board can be more helpful if you give them more specific details to work with
Old 03-10-2010, 03:03 PM   #90
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Drives: C300 / Del Sol
Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
Its like they say show them proof and they will get off ur case.
Closed Thread